All reviews separate bedroom front desk supervisor public parking room was spotless free trolley collins avenue fitness center coffee maker housekeeping staff enjoyed my stay two blocks nice pool ocean view guillermo dishwasher kitchenette supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

First time in Miami & not disappointed as you know I love my exploring & sunbathing. This hotel is in north beach but for me was in a good central location as you can walk or get free trolley buses/ public transport anywhere you like.
Upon arrival I paid out 150 dollars for the resort tax (10 nights) & I had to put 120 dollars breakage deposit on my credit card which was not required. I had a queen suite which caters for 4 people easily. Could the room do with a bit of a spruce up, yes but it was clean, I had a hot shower when needed, comfy bed & was more than adequate for the amount of time spent in the room.
There was some toiletries provided & a welcome basket from the housekeeping staff. I had towels changed every day & bedding on a few occasions. Toilet rolls & tissues provided by the hotel when needed.
Free in room safe & plenty of storage & draws for clothes etc..
Kitchen had cutlery/plates for 4 people to use, dishwasher, hot plates, toaster, kettle, microwave, fridge & pans for use.
2 small TVs in the bedroom & sitting room area & lots of free tv channels to choose from. Free quick WiFi throughout the hotel & pool area.
I was on floor 3 & there was a laundry for use near the lift. I could hear people stomping around above me & voices but not that it disrupted me or my sleep.
Pool area has comfy beds, free towel, water machine & sun cover all day there is a gate which gets you to the beach & boardwalk which is just beautiful. Miami is such a colourful, sunny, hot, happy place.
There was access to a gym which was basic but useable on a few days & I went for a run on a few days as best way to explore, get some pictures & catch the sun for your vitamin d.
Staff were all helpful & I kept my room on till 1pm which cost 28.50 dollars as you have to generally check out at 11am & there is no switch over room available.
Location is surrounded by bars, supermarkets, restaurants, beaches, parks etc.... & I would recommend it to anyone who likes things a bit quieter on a night than south beach & don’t mind walking a little.
Loved every minute of this break & I could definitely live in Miami as never got out of my flip flops, shorts & tees for the whole time, loads of things going on & people so welcoming.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

We are so happy to hear that you had such a nice time during your stay in Miami Beach and that your stay at our hotel helped to make your visit even better. We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and accurate description of everything that our hotel has to offer. You have been kind enough to let travelers around world know what to expect when they stay with us and we really appreciate that. Your review was honest and very complimentary and for that we are grateful. We will be even better the next time you come back to Miami Beach as we are in the process of making more improvements to the property in 2019 and beyond.

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Excellent service! Great location and very friendly staff. The hotel is very close to lots of great restaurants and the beach. The amenities were great, pool and gym. The staff were very friendly and helpful, i love they are there if needed 24/7. Whatever flight in or out the staff were always there and one less thing to stress about.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Thanks for the great review and nice words about our hotel staff. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that you had a super positive experience. I will share your comments with all of our hotel team. Please come back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 days at the end of a cruise.

It was important for us to be close to the beach and this place is steps from the main North Beach. Right beside the Boardwalk.

As long as you don’t mind walking a bit (which we enjoy), you can find a number of decent restaurants in the area. And there’s the typical beach/touristy shops all along Collins.

The staff are friendly, helpful and it was never very busy at the front desk.

Our kids enjoyed the pool and we really liked spending time at the beach.

This hotel could use some serious upgrades; it’s very tired looking, but we appreciated the separate bedroom and the kitchenette came stocked with dishes, dishwasher and a mini fridge which made it easy for us to make our own breakfast and lunches.

If you’re looking for a premium place, this isn’t it. But if you want good value for money that gets you right on the ocean, this a great option.

Tons of lizards around the outside if you have a wildlife loving kid!

Free wifi was fast too :)

Date of stay: March 2019
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

We thank you very much for all your nice comments about our hotel and our staff. We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience during your after cruise stay. We agree with you that we are a good value for the money for a hotel on the ocean on Miami Beach and that we are a great option for travelers. Regarding upgrades, we are making them, and have been making many in the past 2 to 3 years. We are in the process of installing new wall units and two larger flat panel 43 inch TV's in all of our queen suites on the 2nd and 3rd floor. We also just finished installing new beds, new carpets and new artwork on the walls in all of our queen suites. We will keep making more improvements every day in order to improve the overall guest experience. We thank you also for your feedback as it helps us to know what things we need to improve. Have a safe trip back to your home and we hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2019

Excellent hotel. Very kind staff, especially Claudio, great guy, Always ready to help. Comfortable room, well equiped. Very good GYM and Pool area, easy way to the beach. Located in an excellent place. Wishing to come again. Congratulations. No problems at all.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edward G, General Manager at Crystal Beach Suites Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2019

Can't thank you enough for you excellent review and your nice words about our hotel staff especially Claudio at the front desk. He is an amazing guy who loves what he does and wants every guest to be treated like they are the most important customer in the world. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay, that you had no problems at all and that you found your suite to be comfortable and well-equipped. We do have a very nice fitness center and our location cannot be beat. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2019

My stay was very nice and quiet. Room was very clean and spacious, just a little outdated. Had great access to the pool, and beach. Just wished it had a lounge or restaurant inside. Staff was extremely friendly.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Climber52127393716

Thank you for the amazing review. Glad to hear that your suite was clean and quiet and that our staff was very friendly. We want all of our guest to have the same experience that you did and we will keep working hard to make sure that they do. Next time try one of our modern and fully renovated premium king suites on the 4th floor that have all new furniture, granite tops, larger king size beds and two larger flat panel TV's for only a few dollars more. We hope to see you again very soon!