I will start out that I'm a timeshare owner at this resort. I stayed in my unit 209 March 3rd, 4th, 2013. Unit #209 has not been refurbished, but did have the new sofa sleeper. The renovated suites are on the 4th floor and they are working their way down. The 1br/1ba suite has a kitchenette, which has a 2 burner stove, mini fridge, mini dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, pots/pans, as do all suites there. The bedroom has a queen size bed. The furnishings are definitely outdated. The room was clean and no funny smells, no problems. Unit 209 is directly on the corner of 70th & Collins Ave above the bar/pizza shop. I was expecting noise from the street traffic to be a major factor, but as it turned out, not really an issue. I could here vehicles occasionally but nothing major to interrupt my sleep.
The resort itself does sit on the beach behind the boardwalk. There is a small pool area and a full fitness center, which seemingly has some sort of membership. I do not know if hotel guests or timeshare owners have complimentary use as I didn't workout this trip. There is not a restaurant onsite, but plenty of restaurants within 2 blocks. Manolo's is about 2 blocks away and was awesome, they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and the prices are reasonable, meaning $12.95 or less. Ihop is nearly across the street along with Cuban restaurant, greek restaurant, subway, pizza, bar is on the other corner and as mentioned below the crystal beach resort on the corner. I should mention that complimentary wifi worked fine.
I would recommend staying here, but do not overpay. Updated rooms are very, very nice and a room that hasn't been updated is nearly ordinary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our one bedroom suites can accommodate up to 4 people, have a queen or king size bed, a living room with a queen size sleeper sofa bed, small kitchen (Premium King Suites have granite countertops), two flat panel TV's (Premium King Suites have two larger flat panel TV's) and free WIFI internet access. Guests can enjoy the beach and the ocean directly behind the hotel, our beautiful pool and our fully-equipped fitness center. Our hotel also has laundry washing and drying machines, an ATM cash machine in the lobby, drink and snack vending machines, ice machines, a boarding pass computer/printer and a luggage weight scale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crystal Beach Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Beach Suites And Health Club
- Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Crystal Beach Hotel Health