The service for me was so-so. The elevator was out of order more then it was working(last inspected was 2008). We stayed for a week so we experienced weekdays/nights as well as weekends. The room itself wasnt spectacular.It is very outdated,some of the lamps didn't work as well as half of the stove. We were visiting on a really good discount(around half price). The first night we found that the sheets/linen were not clean. It had lipstick/dirt stains on the pillows. The mattress is a little on the "older" side but manageable. The room had a funky odor about it, and if the A/C wasnt left on at all times, the room got really ripe from wet bathingsuits and towels(not enough adequate ventilation).
The front desk staff were amusing to say the least. One of the receptionists had personal issues with his friends coming into the hotel demanding beach towels after they had been drinking(they way he had replied to them made me believe it wasnt the first time this had happened). During the weekend(we thought spring break was over...) we had an issue with our neighbours(close to 20 people in one room). Loud noise,screaming partying(drug use and lots of it),obscentities(I am in the navy and could tell you all a few stories about that...so I am not exagerrating) from 6pm all the way to 0730 the following morning. We had complained at least 3 times as well as others(the front desk told us they had other complaints) They did absolutely NOTHING to stop or resolve this problem. So no sleep led to a few less than productive days in Miami on my dollar.
Location was good,the beach(which was dirtied with cigarettes,broken glass...etc) was right behind the hotel. Behind other hotels the beaches werent as dirty. Very close to the grocery store,McDonalds and bus stops. Very far from retail shopping and attractions(they do offer tours and trips.I'll get to that in a minute)
The hotel tours/day trips. Were the cheapest we could find other than researching online. A shopping trip that was being offered up the road for 75 was being offered for 30 at the hotel. That being said, for one of the trips we were picked up by a "guy" driving his personal vehicle. He was to take us to meet up with a van going to the Everglades. This personal vehicle wasn't marked as a tour vehicle. For all we know we could have been taken elsewheres(we weren't but it's a little sketchy to begin with)same happened for another tour we took.
All in all I would recommend this hotel during the weekdays at a VERY discounted price. Do not pay more than $100 a night. I would recommend it to a friend but let them know the deal before they left. My spouse is a buisness/corporate travel agent and said she would NOT recommend it to any of her clients.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our one bedroom suites can accommodate up to 4 people, have a queen or king size bed, a living room with a queen size sleeper sofa bed, small kitchen (Premium King Suites have granite countertops), two flat panel TV's (Premium King Suites have two larger flat panel TV's) and free WIFI internet access. Guests can enjoy the beach and the ocean directly behind the hotel, our beautiful pool and our fully-equipped fitness center. Our hotel also has laundry washing and drying machines, an ATM cash machine in the lobby, drink and snack vending machines, ice machines, a boarding pass computer/printer and a luggage weight scale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crystal Beach Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Beach Suites And Health Club
- Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Crystal Beach Hotel Health