“Good but not for me ”

Sweet Liberty Drinks & Supply Co.
Ranked #63 of 1,290 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Description: A neighborhood cocktail bar with food. OPEN MONDAY-SATURDAY 4:OOPM-5:00AM AND ON SUNDAY 12:00PM-5:00AM. HAPPY HOUR EVERYDAY FROM 4:00PM- 7:00PM BRUNCH EVERY SUNDAY 12:00PM-5:00PM
Reviewed January 14, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I dropped in to try someplace for dinner close to our hotel. The meals are sort of eclectic with small portions but tasty and expensive. We had several appetizers and two beers and a specialty cocktail and the bill came to $96, which is very high by Midwest standards. I used to travel extensively on business with a full expense account so I am very seldom surprised or turned off by high prices but the value I received for dollars spent was, in my opinion, not there

The bar area itself is very striking and Jose P our waiter was very engaging and efficient. Jose new the menu well and he made several good recommendations for us.

I guess I am probably too old for this bar but I can’t stand rap music which was being played over the sound system. This may have colored my view of Sweet Liberty but would not change the high prices.

All in all not my type of bar or restaurant but the staff was very friendly. If you are a devotee if this type of establishment then I think that you would probably like Sweet Liberty which stays open to 5AM.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 13, 2019

Great place overall!!! Everyone that works there is friendly and helpful. We were greeted at the front desk and escorted in and told we could sit wherever we wanted. We arrived during HAPPY HOUR so the prices were discounted. We ordered the Tommy Margarita (no mix and made with agave). One of the best margaritas ever! The drink selection is amazing and the Bar is beautiful and cool The entire atmosphere is fabulous. Booths, high tops, good space and fun/funky décor----even in the bathrooms. Food was delish----and unique, yet familiar. Prepared to perfection. We tried, based on our servers recommendation (who was fabulous, too---cudos to Jose) guacamole and swordfish tacos. We will definitely be back to try other food/drink. AND the music was cool...had a nice groove. Reggae, old rock, and R&B. There's a DJ that comes in later to get things going, too. Their motto---PURSUE HAPPINESS. This place definitely makes you happy!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2019

Nested in the back streets behind Collins av. but close enough to all the beach front hotels, this is a fantastic bar full of locals and cool people. Great bar tenders with fancy drinks.

Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

The happy hour Oysters and cocktails are great.
It’s a real gem off the beaten track. We loved the cauliflower nachos.

Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here after a long day of Art Basel, okay food but good cocktails. The vibe was fun and the music was engaging, it attracted fun people. But the food was frozen and pretty lame. I would have been happier with pizza after a night of drinking!