The only reason I am not giving this hotel 5 stars is because I usually reserve 5 stars for ultimate luxury. However, this hotel exceeded my expectations and we have already reserved to come back again.
Pros: we really loved the size of the room(s). We had a two bedroom suite connected in a private enclosed hallway to a one bedroom suite. There was a large family room, a kitchen, a dining room, a kitchen table, and 2 great bathrooms in the main suite. The second room had a kitchenette and 2 full size beds with a little table. Our family of 6 had plenty of room to spread out. We loved having a full kitchen and loved how the dining room and family room were connected. There were also big screen TVs in all the bedrooms and a large big screen TV with stereo system in the family room. There was a huge balcony with a beautiful view of both the ocean and the cityscape. There was some construction going on across the street, but we did not mind. There is a great Walgreens across the street where you can pick up groceries and various necessities. There is also a Publix not too far away.
At first I thought the pool was way too small. I was expecting a huge pool, and this one was rather small and was no deeper than 5 feet in the deep end. However, once I actually used the pool, I was pleasantly surprised how much we all enjoyed it. The pool area was not too crowded, and the pool was great because it had a ramp into the deeper portion, which made it a great swimming experience for my two year old. The beach was nice too. There were plenty of chairs and our family really enjoyed swimming in the ocean.
There is a market near the pool area where you can pick up sunscreen, towels, goggles, floats, and coffee (small Starbucks inside the market). Overall, we really enjoyed the beach and pool.
Also, the service was really exceptional throughout our stay.
Cons: the food was just ok. They had a good breakfast with a lot of variety, but the food was not as good as some of the other hotels we've stayed at before (we are Hilton Diamond members). It was definitely good enough, but just not exceptional. Some might consider the beach fees ($20+ per day) to be a nuisance, but it was convenient to always have a chair, etc so we didn't mind so much. Some might not like the nearby construction, but it was really fine. The beach view and the cityscape made up for it.
Overall, we will come back. It was really everything we were looking to find: great location (easy access to shopping and South Beach) lots of space, clean rooms, great service, and a great pool and beach experience. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire ocean views at DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Ocean Point – North Miami Beach. Our resort is perfectly located on a wide stretch of Miami Beach, offering direct access to the Atlantic Ocean. Miami's shops, restaurants and attractions are nearby, and several restaurants and malls are within walking distance. All guest rooms and suites boast partial or full ocean views with home comforts, including mini-refrigerators and microwaves in Standard Studios and full kitchens in all suites. Enjoy a warm welcome to our North Miami Beach beachfront resort with our signature chocolate chip cookie. Create memorable dining experiences by the pool with ice-cold beverages and snacks, or indulge in exquisite cuisine at The View Restaurant. Enhance your relaxation with a treatment or massage in our full-service spa. Stay connected to friends and business contacts with complimentary internet access in public areas. Host a memorable event with views of the beach and ocean for up to 150. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Doubletree Resort & Spa by Hilton Ocean Point - North Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort And Spa - Miami Beach North
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel Miami Beach
- Doubletree Miami Beach