“Great and Reasonable.”

Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
Ranked #57 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed December 28, 2013

A recently updated Marriott property, it was a wonderful stay. It's bright, clean, comfortable and it's in a great location to enjoy South Beach. The staff were particularly attentive and courteous. We are planning to return the next time we are in SB.

Room Tip: Rooms facing South are brighter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
John P, Director Of Front Office at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Robert B,

Thank you for your visit and for writing your review! I am happy to read that you had such an enjoyable time - our goal is to exceed expectations whenever we can.

We look forward to your return stay!

There are newer reviews for Winter Haven, Autograph Collection

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nice hotel, close to everything. Very pleasant staff. Room comfortable. But I could hear the voices from other rooms.
No ice in the floor. Had to order from front desk.
Will recommend for hotel to clean windows. Did not enjoy the view from my window.

Dear Orlis,

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to rate us!

My staff and I are pleased to read about your great experience and the difference we made.
We are currently making arrangements to have the windows cleaned. We understand the inconvenience and do not want are guest looking out to dirty windows, my sincere apologies.
We look forward to your return stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We traveled from Tampa to South Beach for a "Babymoon" weekend and a friend recommended the Winter Haven. We elected not to get the "Babymoon Package" but we did manage to get a rate that included a daily Continental Breakfast the lobby restaurant, Il Bolognese (to be reviewed separately). Overall, we felt the actual room rate was a good value for the location, a stone throw's away from the beach, and an excellent walking distance from Lincoln Road and other shopping/people watching. If you forget your beach towel, the hotel has them for free at the front desk.

The hotel itself is a refurbished art decco building that does occasionally show it's age. The lobby is beautifully decorated and they do something to ensure that it smells lovely. There is a small bar and sitting area, and just upstairs there is a business center with free coffee and hot tea. There is only one elevator for the entire hotel, which is small and a little slow, particularly since the staff also needs to use it for cleaning carts etc. There is a very nice sundeck on the roof with good amounts of sun and shade, for whatever your mood.

We stayed in room 519, a king bed room. The room was slightly smaller than I would have expected and a little sparsely decorated. Bathroom was definitely on the smaller side. The air conditioner was surprisingly noisy when it turned on and off. but we got used to it quickly as "white noise". There was a flat screen TV, room service is available (though we never used it) and the bed was very comfy with over-sized pillows. The absolute best amenity- Free WiFi throughout the hotel, which sadly is not standard once you hit this price range for a lot of hotels, so kudos there.

Hotel staff was very friendly and competent. They were able to answer all of our questions and made sure our stay was extremely pleasant.

Ultimately it is only a few small things that keep me from rating this as an "excellent" hotel, but I would not hesitate to stay here again on another visit to SoBe.

1  Thank LMKruger

Dear LMkruger,

Thank you for choosing the Winter Haven during your special occasion!

The team and I are very happy to read about the great experience received. We are excited you were able to take advantage of the amenities our hotel has to offer.

Please feel free to contact me directly at john.perez@winterhavenhotelsobe.com the next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Was just here 1 week ago. nice hotel, close to everything, but quiet enough.
Room small but comfortable. I would have given this place a 5 star rating, except they have no mini refridgerators or ice machines on the floors. I have medicine that needs to keep cold and had to get a bag of ice from the bar, to use. This bag was in a plastic bag,no insulation.I put it in the ice bucket in the room ,it was all water in the am. Diabetics, and people or kids taking liquid medicines, should know
there is no place to keep things cold, unless you buy a cooler.
My recommendation for this hotel, is to buy 1 or 2 small coolers, to have ,if someone else is in this predicament. They did offer to put medicine in fridge by the office, but I did not feel this was a good thing to do. Atip is that there is a parking garage within 75 yards of the hotel, that you can park your car for 20 dollars a day. Valet parking is 25 dollars, but I did hear one couple say it was over a 1 hour wait to get their car when they called. THIS was not the marathon day either.

Room Tip: Try to get Ocean view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gatordon

Dear Gatordon,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us!

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
Your concerns and recommendations will be shared with my team. The ice should absolutely be delivered in an ice bucket, not just the bag.

We look forward to your return stay, please feel free to contact me directly at john.perez@winterhavenhotelsobe.com

Warm wishes,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was nervous about booking us an expensive hotel but now I am so glad I did! We got an ocean view room and the sight we saw when we entered the room was amazing. It is located in a quieter section of South Beach, which was what first drew me to the hotel. There was still a lot to see and do within a 20 minute walking radius.

Valet parking is not required so we unloaded our car on 14th Street and parked at a parking garage at 13th and Collins. That worked out well for us because inevitably we'd forget things in the car and have to go and get it. The restaurant (like all places on Ocean Drive) was expensive but I really enjoyed reading and getting morning coffee there. There's nothing like a cup of coffee, a good book, and white table clothes to start your morning!

Room Tip: Room 501. Oceanview room. Though the room is located off of the stairwell, it was very quiet. Val...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear C C,

Thank you for your recent stay! The Staff and I are excited to read you had such an amazing time.

Please contact me directly at john.perez@winterhavenhotelsobe.com on your next getaway weekend, I will be more than happy to personally book your room.

John Perez
Director Of Front Office

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Not comfortable: To use the toilet, I had to lift my arm to not hit the sink, then banged my head on the shelf behind it. #2: Not Quiet, as there was non-stop noise distinctly heard on top floor, even understandable words that were not overly loud. #3: Not Real, the restaurant has to have things made elsewhere and brought over! The Continental Breakfast that came with my room was 3 of the smallest 'pastries' no larger than candy, and about as tasty as a napkin. #4 Not as Nice as the website showed, the lobby was a pass-thru to the 'restaurant'. Overpriced and ridiculous presentation of bruchetta: a cup of salsa with 2 thin pancake-like 'crackers'. Waiter poured water from a non-labeled open glass bottle, then left it on the table, and we were charged $2 for it. Nowhere to park for arrival, and we had to circle for almost 20 minutes to find a place to pull over. Valet takes forever to get your car back, and even they don't have space to pull up and park. Overall, a miserable stay with the construction, traffic, noise and quality of food/drinks. Left after 1 night, and spent time at a better hotel. Long walk to the beach, we paid extra for 'oceanfront' and you can't even see it from the balcony, as it's across the street and behind a building and sand hill.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gaylemae

Dear Gaylemae,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review.

I am sorry to read you did not have the upmost guest experience, I will review the concern with both our restaurant and engineering team. It's feed back like yours that makes a difference and allows us to create memorable experiences!

I hope you allow us the opportunity to turn your stay around on a future stay.

Please feel free to contact me directly at john.perez@winterhavenhotelsobe.com and I personally handle your next visit.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

perfect location inside deco district of SoBe. The staff is Young and friendly. We appreciated specially the restaurant with italian fine cuisine. The valet parking is very efficient. we will be back surely next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
John P, Director Of Front Office at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear emildrake1964,

Thank you for you recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us. I was pleased to read about your great experience and the difference my staff made.

We are looking forward to your return visit!

John Perez