“Excellent location, very clean and quiet - great Art Deco value”

Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
Ranked #60 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jersey City
“Excellent location, very clean and quiet - great Art Deco value”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights Aug 17-20, came in very late on a a delayed flight. the night clerk at the front desk seems like he doesn't know how to smile, but that's okay, he's efficient enough. Elevator was broken that day (and for the next two) and there was this decrepit looking old man who is supposed to be a porter, but I was worried he might get a heart attack as we were 5 people occupying 2 rooms on the 3rd floor, everyone with luggage. No big deal, we carried it ourselves. There is no fridge in the otherwise very clean and good smelling room, and the old guy brought us some ice cold water.

The room itself is very quiet and comfortable, came with a safe. Pillows and the bed were top notch and the bathroom is modern and neat. I thought the $175 a night was reasonable considering this was on Ocean Drive and 14th right across the beach. The street scene right outside was lively and everything was within a 5-10 minute walk. Excellent location. There's a large cooler of ice cold citrus water on the lobby, which really helped on the 95+ degree Miami weather.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: our room away from the street was quiet, although it's adjacent to the elevator and when it star...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
John P, Front Office Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear AlexanderCAP,

Thank you for your review!

I am pleased to read you stay was enjoyable, even during the challenges you experienced due to the elevator being out of service. I am happy to read our bellman Luis was readily available to assist.

Beat regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
bloomfield, ct
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I said I was going to write my final review after I left. So here it is. Overall I would recommend this hotel to stay in. I just read the manager response to my prior review. Unfortunately I am back home so I could not meet with you. However I welcome your invitation and will take that into consideration my next trip down there. I honestly enjoyed my time in Miami. Checking and checking out of the hotel was a breeze. This was a very good hotel to stay in.

Stayed July 2013
Dear latoyavigirl,

Thank you for taking the time in rating us! It is Feedback like your makes a difference and allows us to personalize guest experience. In the future if your travels bring you Miami Beach, please feel free to contact directly.

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Having been the coordinator for a group of 6 rooms at the Winter Haven, I had to work with the staff at this establishment for many months in preparation for our arrival. One phrase sums up my experience for the months of preparation: ABOVE and BEYOND. This same phrase was reflected in our experience from check-in to check-out. Absolutely WONDERFUL staff from sales, to front desk, to bellmen, to cleaning crew to the bartenders and waiters.

I rarely speak overtly about this kind of thing because many hotels I stay at (I travel/stay in hotels aprox. 6-7 times/year) are pretty much the same with reasonable service that leaves you with an indifferent feeling. This hotel is different –they go out of their way to make sure you leave with a feeling that you are leaving a TRUE comfort zone and a longing to return.
Each of the individuals in my group had the same feelings and were extremely pleased with their stay.

My honest breakdown:

Service: See above haha. I give extra kudos to Elizabeth DePonce and DeVaughn Linton in Sales for all of their assistance with our group in the months prior and for making sure that all of our needs were taking care of during our stay - you both went BEYOND our expectations - THANK YOU! The front desk staffs personality was UNIFIED and TEAMWORK was the key with them. They always had the persona that they want to help you and are happy to do so. Bravo!

Rooms: Extremely clean. Very up to date in their style/decor (both the sleeping area and the bathroom), as well as high tech with lighting, A/C and the above bed fan. Yes, the rooms are small in size – but 1) not too small that you cannot maneuver comfortably and 2) you are in MIAMI – get out and ENJOY the town!! As well, we had no issues with outside noise (from the hallway or outside the hotel) etc. Great addition is the robes they provide to you - although, they could be a TAD bit softer haha..but maybe I'm being picky. :)

Beds: Extremely comfortable, sizeable and the bedding is perfectly accommodating.

Storage for clothing: (King Haven rooms and the King Standard rooms were what our group had). Each have a dresser in the room, plus a sufficient closet area to hang clothing – so no worries with that.

TV and IPod deck: perfect and no complaints at all.

Upper deck/roof: like a little sanctuary of your own. Beautifully decorated and it’s like you are on top of paradise. If you are a book reader – this will be a great spot for you to get some sun and enjoy your reading.

Location: LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! My goodness – this establishment is at the top of Ocean Drive. That means you are ON the street that IS South Beach. You are less than a 5 min WALK to the ACTION of South Beach, but yet...you are able to actually get a good night’s sleep – in PEACE and quiet!

I honestly cannot express how much my boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay, in addition to each member of our group that headed down.

This hotel is a perfect combination of class, sophistication, friendliness and down right home-like comfort.

Winter Haven – you WILL see us again! Thank you for EVERYTHING!

Room Tip: The rooms next to the elevator (the "08's) are the smallest rooms - I would advise trying t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dwanb,
I was happy to read about the great experience received and you were able to enjoy the amenities our hotel has to offer.

We look forward to your return visit when your travels bring you to Miami Beach!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The greatest aspect of the Winter Haven was the wonderful staff. We were greeted by a very helpful bellhop from the taxi ride there to take our bags, and then the receptions at the desk seemed almost angelic. They dealt with us in the most polite and helpful manner that anyone could ask for. The complimentary coffee stand for the guests was delicious and was available 24/7. The room we stayed in was a bit smaller than expected,and the outdoor view of a wall was not ideal. The hotel staff, however, was very attentive to issues we had and the hotel manager was a very reasonable man. For a weekend getaway with friends, we were definitely more than satisfied. Thank you Winter Haven. Room 216. Holla.

• Stayed August 2013
John P, Front Office Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Semiguel

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind review!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next getaway weekend.

Warm wishes,

John Perez
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about staying on Ocean Dr, in South Beach. I believe staying at a Marriott facility went a long way toward relieving that apprehension. The service was the best and the recently renovated hotel was a pleasure to eat, drink and rest. The valet parking was easy to use. The in-house restaurant was a gem. A VERY attentive staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John P, Front Office Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Jmclmc,

Thank you for your recent visit and your great review. It is always good to hear of our Guests having a wonderful time, and taking advantage of most of what we have to offer.

Kind regards,

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staff and service are top noth. Great food, everybody is super attentive and friendly. They actually recouped a camera we lost in a cab after we had left town. The hotel is located where you want to be when you visit Miami. My girlfriend and I stayed for 4 days and loved it there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As we are on our honeymoon, we departed from England to New York City, and then arrived at Miami. Upon our arrival, we did not have a reservation, although this booking was made 7 months ago. However, this was a mistake made by the hotel. We understand this can occur but as this was part of our honeymoon, we were distressed by this current situation. Fortunately we were we greeted by 2 amazing members of staff,Rossana and Lloyd who are very sincere, honest and caring individuals, who rectified this situation to the best of their abilities, and went above and beyond to ensure we were happy, satisfied and comfortable with the current situation. This involved them keeping us up to date with their proactive approach. As well this, their sincere, professional and friendly attitude gave us the reassurance we needed to know that this was going to dealt with ASAP.

All members of staff were lovely and friendly within this hotel, the rooms are, modern and trendy in a stylish manner. However, if you stay at this hotel and have any questions, problems, or want to enjoy your stay, I'd recommend speaking to Llod or Rossana over any other, member of staff!!! Although other members of staff are fabulous especially, the bar and waiters and waitresses. I'd personally recommend asking for these two members of staff, who appear to do an incredible amount of hours, and they go above and beyond, to ensure you're happy and the service you receive is incredible!

I can not sing their praises enough and I hope they recidve the recognition and praise than we passed onto to their manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fab stay at the hotel with fab staff!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Double room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
John P, Front Office Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Jenny C,

Thank you for choosing the Winter Haven, Autograph Collection in celebrating your Honeymoon!

Lloyd and Rosanna are a great asset to our team, I am pleased to read they made a difference during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming back!

Warm regards,