Stayed for 4 nights Aug 17-20, came in very late on a a delayed flight. the night clerk at the front desk seems like he doesn't know how to smile, but that's okay, he's efficient enough. Elevator was broken that day (and for the next two) and there was this decrepit looking old man who is supposed to be a porter, but I was worried he might get a heart attack as we were 5 people occupying 2 rooms on the 3rd floor, everyone with luggage. No big deal, we carried it ourselves. There is no fridge in the otherwise very clean and good smelling room, and the old guy brought us some ice cold water.
The room itself is very quiet and comfortable, came with a safe. Pillows and the bed were top notch and the bathroom is modern and neat. I thought the $175 a night was reasonable considering this was on Ocean Drive and 14th right across the beach. The street scene right outside was lively and everything was within a 5-10 minute walk. Excellent location. There's a large cooler of ice cold citrus water on the lobby, which really helped on the 95+ degree Miami weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Haven, Autograph Collection is a truly unique hotel in Miami Beach, Florida - built from a renovated 1939 Art Deco property located in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive. Enjoy breathtaking ocean views from it's rooftop terrace offering sun loungers and full food and beverage services. Savor fresh Italian cuisine on-site at Il Bolognese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Winter Haven, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winterhaven South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Winterhaven South Beach Miami