“Outstanding caring staff-Lloyd and Rossana”

Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
Ranked #59 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As we are on our honeymoon, we departed from England to New York City, and then arrived at Miami. Upon our arrival, we did not have a reservation, although this booking was made 7 months ago. However, this was a mistake made by the hotel. We understand this can occur but as this was part of our honeymoon, we were distressed by this current situation. Fortunately we were we greeted by 2 amazing members of staff,Rossana and Lloyd who are very sincere, honest and caring individuals, who rectified this situation to the best of their abilities, and went above and beyond to ensure we were happy, satisfied and comfortable with the current situation. This involved them keeping us up to date with their proactive approach. As well this, their sincere, professional and friendly attitude gave us the reassurance we needed to know that this was going to dealt with ASAP.

All members of staff were lovely and friendly within this hotel, the rooms are, modern and trendy in a stylish manner. However, if you stay at this hotel and have any questions, problems, or want to enjoy your stay, I'd recommend speaking to Llod or Rossana over any other, member of staff!!! Although other members of staff are fabulous especially, the bar and waiters and waitresses. I'd personally recommend asking for these two members of staff, who appear to do an incredible amount of hours, and they go above and beyond, to ensure you're happy and the service you receive is incredible!

I can not sing their praises enough and I hope they recidve the recognition and praise than we passed onto to their manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fab stay at the hotel with fab staff!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Double room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
John P, Front Office Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Jenny C,

Thank you for choosing the Winter Haven, Autograph Collection in celebrating your Honeymoon!

Lloyd and Rosanna are a great asset to our team, I am pleased to read they made a difference during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming back!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Located on the North end of Ocean Drive, this hotel does Art Deco well. The rooms are small but tastefully furnished in a nice style. The bathrooms are refurbished and everything works well. Could use a mini bar in the room - a surprising omission. Beds were comfortable and everything was clean. Little noise from this bustling area reached into the room and nice reminder on check in to be courteous to other guests regarding noise and to report it to the front desk if one was being disturbed. A short walk across the park to the beach - expensive sun loungers run by a third party company not associated with the hotel and no discount offered (pity). Gym arrangement was with another third party company and a couple of blocks away. The gym was well equipped but a little pricey to use every day. Food was great in the restaurant and the staff just fantastic. Reception was excellent - very helpful. The roof sun deck was a little disappointing as it was used as a smokers area, which meant for non smokers it was unpleasant to spend time there. The aircon in the room was too noisy by far, but there was a central ceiling fan which worked fine and kept the room comfortable

Room Tip: Do not take a ground floor room - the location is not good. Anything above 3rd floor should be fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ian H,

Thank you for your recent visit, and for taking the time to write your review. I was happy to read that you had a great time overall, and that my staff was prompt and responsive when needed.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

First off, let me start by saying in that my many years of traveling to and from SoBe, I have never been treated as well as I was during my stay at the Winter Haven!!!

I traveled with my 2 best friends on our annual trek to SoBe. In the past, we've stayed in hotels on the lower end of Ocean, with mixed reviews (my favorite next to Winter Haven would be the Beacon). We arrived just after 8:00 p.m. Check in was seamless. The valet didn't skip a beat in bringing our bags directly from the shuttle and delivering them to our room while we checked in. We shared a double bed room. It was a little cozy, but that's to be expected of the Art Deco hotels. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, no "old hotel" odor. Anything we wanted (ice, fresh towels, beach towels) was delivered to our room with a smile and within minutes of our asking. Every staff member was courteous and helpful at all times. Lloyd went out of his way to make sure we had a wonderful stay.

We didn't eat at the onsite restaurant, so I can't comment on the quality of the food or level of service.

If I had one "negative" (and it's not really a negative....just a heads up for parties of more than 2 people choosing a double room...more than 2 people in a double room is tight. The beds are more of a Full size than Queen. The bathroom, while WONDERFUL (showerhead and water pressure were awesome) is small, there's limited space for toiletries, and is too small for more than one person at a time. There wasn't a lot of room for our luggage. That said, we would stay there again...we'd just be better prepared for the small space.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sayrahdatis,

Thank you for your recent stay and excellent view, I am so happy to read that we made your stay in Miami Beach so enjoyable!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

They took good care of us during our stay. Received free continental breakfast daily, also the hotel restaurant was very good. I highly recommend. Also had a riverfront room. Excellent view!! There were too bus boys that were very helpful also during our stay. One named Lloyd and Burrow. (Hoped spelling is right).

1  Thank Melody J

Dear Melody,

Thank you for your visit, and I am so happy that you had such a great stay!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Tiny room with an intermittent mechanical noise that went on all day and night. Staff seemed to think it was due to proximity to the elevator but that seemed unlikely. Windows very dirty. Noise from next door on the last night which did not seem to subside after complaining to the front desk. The hotel was full so could not be moved to another room. I know that 'deco' hotels are based on an older style but that doesn't mean it can't be properly maintained.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear RW,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read you did not have the upmost guest experience. Feedback like your makes a difference and allows us to personalize guest experience. In the future if your travels bring you Miami Beach, please feel free to contact directly and I will ensure you have a perfect stay.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice employees! Whatever the hotel lacked they made it up with their great service! !!!!! The hotel was a little further down than I would normally stay but still in the middle of everything. The room was a typical south beach room small but decorated very nice. Hotel was clean great room service. My overall stay was very nice

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank lolaMarie_12
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel in the doublebed room. It is very clean and rooms are nice and simple. So far, the staff are friendly and professional. The bathroom lacks counter space and its small but its clean and accommodating. The only let downs are continetal breakfast is basically a pastry and coffee and I would have liked to have seen cereal and fruits included. We had dinner last nite and the food was terrible. Burger was dried and lack flavor. The fries were skinnier than your typical sized fry. I tried the steak dish and was not impress. The steak was seasoned well but it was just a simple steak . The side items were broccoli which lack the steam and fresh taste. The roasted potatoes was just simple. After my guest and I ate we decided we would not eat here for the remaining of our stay, sad. This place has potential but the food crusine lacks flavor needs to be onpar with the creativy and design of the hotel. I will report on my final stay soon.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank latoyavigirl
John P, Front Office Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear latoyavigirl,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review while staying us!

I happy to read my staff is accommodating and you are enjoying your stay.

I would love to have the opportunity to meet you personally and would like to hear more feed back on your dinning experience.

If there is anything I can do to make your stay a perfect one, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,