The room was tiny is the most striking impression, and totally lacking in electrical outlets. You have to unplug something on the opposite side of the room to plug in your computer and/or phone. Bathroom has barely space to stand, and nowhere to put any toiletries, though the shower in my room (408) was actually decent-sized with nice water pressure. Only a double bed, and not a terribly comfortable one. Not up to Marriott standards at all. The only dresser (a quite small one) was shoved inside the closet and there's no coffee/tea service at all.
Most amazingly, there's nowhere to get ice. It has to be delivered from the bar downstairs. C'mon, Marriott, you can't find a place to put a freakin' ice machine somewhere in this hotel?????
Location is great, though, on Ocean and 14th, right across from the beach and with plenty to do nearby, especially if eating and drinking is what you like to do. Staff I encountered were quite friendly, though I didn't have too much interaction. One elevator, quite small, serves the whole hotel, and broke down when I was there.
And, as others have noted, the TV didn't function too well. Why should that remain a problem???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Haven, Autograph Collection is a truly unique hotel, built from a renovated 1939 Art Deco property located in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive. Enjoy breathtaking ocean views from it's rooftop terrace offering sun loungers and full food and beverage services. Savor fresh Florida seafood and Italian cuisine on-site at Il Bolognese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Winter Haven, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winterhaven South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Winterhaven South Beach Miami