“Awesome, awesome, awesome hotel!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Raleigh Miami Beach

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #28 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Honolulu
“Awesome, awesome, awesome hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

Stayed at the Raleigh in September in a Sunset View Room and it was awesome! The room was much larger than I had expected and had a huge closet with a safe (that was easy to use). The very pretty receptionist was friendly and helpful at check-in and the Concierge who's name I have forgotten was very hip and very friendly - I even saw her at the Pool with her labtop helping other guests - so cool. The entire decor of the hotel is so classic just as described on the website and the POOL!!! Oh my god - the pool was paradise - and I live in Hawaii?! The pool was absolutely beautiful - we were there everyday from morning till night and even some wee hours of the morning - the staff were totally cool!! I LOVED the Church's lemonade at the pool bar - it was so refreshing, great mojito's too. I do not suggest the Dark N' stormy- yuck! Anyway, it would be very hard to go back to Miami and not stay at the Raleigh - it is the best. We got an amazing deal so I doubt we'll ever stay at this hotel at the same price we paid in September - I don't care I plan on only staying at this hotel for my next visits to Miami. Ohhh yea and the bed in the room was incredibly comfortable too - slept like a baby. Cannot wait for my next visit - Enjoy!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

I only stayed there for one night this time and have no major complaints. I only wish that that beach chairs and umbrellas were not as expensive. $25.00 sounds really steep, and more than before.
It still has the most beautiful pool in SoBe.
And the old charm is quite appealing.
And it's time to get a gym of your own, guys!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

too bad the service was awful,
mostly to do with the charges, over priced and added costs for things we did not order, such as more coffee, water, and parking for a car we did not have.
when we sent the stale bread back, the waiter rolled his eyes and bought back we think the same bread rearranged in the basket.
the check out was dreadful with bad attitude when we said we didnt have a car and didnt want to pay the extra $70 for a parking space . no apologies at all.
love the hotel but a shame the little bar was under reconstruction and 98 percent of the staff
are up their own egos for some reason .

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetoeateverywhere
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

This was my first time in Miami and I really agonized about where to stay. Finally a friend told us about the Raleigh. We loved it but it's really only right for someone who wants art deco style and a quirky old hotel. It's not about good service or luxury .

The lobby is wonderfully old-fashioned and there is an adorable coffee bar with a lunch counter off to the right. The pool is magnificent with comfy deck chairs and even beds around it. There is a nice outdoor restaurant and an exit at the end of the pool area that gives on to the boardwalk and the beach. However, the rooms are small and lots of things don't really work very well. One of our bedside lights had faulty wiring, the toilets sometimes got backed up, one day they brought us newspapers we hadn't asked for that was nice except I had already paid $6 for the NY Times downstairs), the housekeeping staff didn't show up till mid-afternoon. The air conditioning was either freezing or barely working. We were worried about steet noise so paid $400 a night for room 717 with a balcony. Well, it turned out that the air conditioning from the hotel next door was so noisy that we could not sit on our balcony. But with the windows closed, we didn't hear anything. The staff was friendly but not particularly knowledgable. There is city and state tax on everything and they charge 18% service for most purchases bought in the hotel. So our room and morning coffee were more expensive than we expected. I was also annoyed to be billed $2 for a stamp for a postcard to London as I know that costs 90 cents.

The Raleigh is in a good location. It's about 10 minutes walk to Ocean Drive which is the heart of the Art Deco area. It's about three minutes to Lincoln Road which has a lot of shops and traffic. We had breakfast at the News Cafe on Ocean Drive and a great fish dinner at Talula which is only a five minute walk away. Both were recommended by local friends who also sent us to Michael's in the design district. That was delicious too. The walks on the board walk are great. The Art Deco Welcome Center has some excellent books about the local buildings. We loved the crab and key lime pie at Joe's and also the gardens and house at the Vizcaya estate.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

I have two toddlers at home and I went to this hotel with the expectation that I would have a little vacation away from them. However, I quickly discovered that staying at this hotel was like staying a day care with toddlers running the show. I had to ask the staff 5 times before they would do something. They seems to have very little concentration -- I had them place wine bottles in my friend's rooms and gave them cards to go with each bottle. They threw out the cards by mistake. Any time I needed something delivered to the room, it would take them forever to get it there. When we checked in, they did not have our rooms available until 4 hours AFTER the check in time. However, when we were to check out and asked for an additional few hours, they would not let us.

The rooms were small. I had a suite and the windows were dirty overlooking the pool. An expensive room for crappy service. AVOID IT.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank travelswithdogs123
NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was my first trip to Miami Beach and my stay at The Raleigh made it that much better. The hotel was impeccable and the pool was amazing! They have all the details nailed and even have Kiehl's in the bathrooms. I just loved it all.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business