“One of the best”

Ranked #35 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Loved this hotel. Had lots of old characteristics about it but the exterior was made to look fresh and modern with a great pool and restaurant around the back. You have private access to the beach from the back of the hotel which is a great perk, as if it gets windy you can just head back to the sheltered pool area. Great food and great staff in the best location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and for deeming the Raleigh to be "one of the best" in your book. We're delighted that our staff, location and food were all essential and wonderful parts of your stay. We would love to welcome you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2014

i must admit, the hotel is beautiful....but, i will never stay here again. my trip started off great. jasmel at the front desk helped me make a reservation. he was amazing. i was traveling alone and stayed 5 days. i went to the beach and was harassed by a worker at the raleigh beach. he would not stop saying inappropriate comments and all of a sudden he started rubbing my feet. i felt horrible. and the worst part of it was i gave the worker my name and room number. needless to say, i didn't sleep well. i mentioned this to a manager and was offered a glass of wine for my troubles.
i splurged on the room and wanted to have a great experience but that wasn't the case for the last 2 nights.
i tried calling numerous times to speak to a general manager but would not and could not get connected.
i certainly don't like complaining especially on a social website but i guess there is no alternative.
i love miami and did only love staying at the raleigh (i have stayed here at least 10 times) so i will have to find a new hotel to stay....

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank fancy12345678
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. I understand that you did not find your trip to be pleasurable which is disheartening, I would like to discuss this experience with you further. Please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
London
Reviewed August 1, 2014

this is one of the most iconic hotels in Miami Beach (and by extension in the world I would argue). great if a splurge is called for. somehow less people than a lot of other major SOBE hotels (Delano and other drinking holes come to mind). really like both the sitdown breakfast outside and the little cafe in the lobby for something faster and more convenient. legendary pool. helpful staff helped me take delivery of some tickets

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your kind remarks and for considering us to be "one of the most iconic hotels", the Raleigh certainly has it's history and old school flair and often times referred to as the Grand Dame of Classic Art Deco hotels. We're delighted that you had a great stay and we would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have stayed in several hotels along Miami beach including the Ritz Carleton (amazing) but loved the classic look of this hotel even more. The pool was beautiful and you can sense the ghosts of Hollywood past staying there.
The hotel lobby is elegant and our suite was large, with terrazzo floors and high ceilings a double shower head and old tiles in the bathroom were only slightly institutional looking. The suite had a comfy queen bed and the living room overlooked Collins which made for interesting people watching on a Saturday night. Lincoln Boulevard is only a couple of blocks away and we had dinner at the 5 napkin grill and desert at Serendipity 3. We spent the hotter hours in the shelter of the poolside cabana and we took advantage of the beach access at sunset and jogged along the beach on Sunday morning....love it! We finished off our post cruise stay with breakfast at the hotel restaurant-it was great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We're glad you enjoyed you a wonderful stay and great experience. The Raleigh definitely has it's own character when it comes to the original Art Deco look and feel and nostalgic charm. We're glad that the suite and amenities were just the perfect fit for you and that you were able to enjoy our outside oasis and poolside area. We would love to welcome you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was actually staying at the Redbury across the street, but I had access to the Raleigh beachfront, which was an amazing perk by the way. I've never written a review on Trip Advisor before, but had to because of the amazing service I received from Trey, one of The Raleigh's beach staff. When I got to the beach, Trey was incredibly friendly and helpful. He always addressed me by my name and gave me plenty of towels because it just finished pouring and the beach chairs were wet.

I had such a relaxing time on the beach and I wished I could have stayed longer. I would love to stay at The Raleigh next time I'm in Miami because receiving such wonderful service in a short amount of time (I was only at the beach for like 1.5 hours) left such a great impression, especially since I wasn't a direct guest at your hotel. Plus, your pool is very pretty!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa C
We are so thrilled that you were compelled to post this review on Tripadvisor, primarily due to the level of hospitality and friendliness that you found in our beach attendant Trey, who is definitely a superstar in our book. We will certainly share your warm remarks and comments with him and our team. Whether at the Raleigh or Redbury we would love to welcome you back again soon.

Minnesota
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The front desk and valet staff were very friendly and helpful. I was travelling with my 17 year old son, and they didn't have any double beds available, so they upgraded us to a suite! The pool area was beautiful! Location is superb. I ran up and down the boardwalk - it was about 2 miles down to the south end. Will definitely stay here again if/when I'm in Miami again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are delighted that you and your son enjoyed a great stay. Our location in the heart of south beach, and proximity to jogging trail along beach or beach path are also some great attributes. Above all we are happy that our staff was friendly, helpful and made a great impression. We would love to welcome you back again soon.

North Bergen, New Jersey
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is the best hotel because all the employees are really kind and nice to us. We had a reservation in the National Hotel 2 weeks before we got there. We reserved 2 beds but they only gave us one. They wanted us to pay alot more when they made the mistake and that hotel was expensive but I didn't like what they did to me. After that we looked for hotels and we found this one. An employee named Elkin showed and helped us around the hotel. With all of his respect and love he helped us with everything.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.