“Another Gem”

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #37 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 4, 2014

From the start we knew this was the right place for us to stay. The warmth and professional manner
of the entire staff was extraordinary. I had some special requests and all were taken care of immediately.Our room was not over done, very clean.
The diversity of the guests was very enjoyable. We had conversations in Italian,Spanish and Dutch.
The only thing that we were very unhappy about was the Food. Everything and I mean everything
we ordered was so salty that the food was mostly inedible, even the bread was over the top salty!!! I think the person that owned the food concession owned a salt mine and also the Alcohol concession.
Would we stay there again? probably, but only if we do not eat there.

Room Tip: try for a room overlooking the pool and the Ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your review. We love that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was helpful, friendly and able to fulfill all your requests. We do cherish both the diversity that Miami is known for and the guests we get to welcome from around the world. Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience, I will be sure to relay this to our F&B team and please know that all your obesarvtions and comments are extremely valuable to us. We would love to welcome you again as our guest and for you to give us another opportunity at the restaurant and provide you with the true Michael Schwartz experience.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Raleigh Miami Beach

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Came down from chilly New York in mid-January 2014 to find some sunshine and celebrate my birthday. We were looking forward to our weekend stay at The Raleigh as we wanted an authentic Art Deco experience and still be directly on the beach.

The hotel is unique and beautiful, with original period details whilst still feeling modern and fresh. It has real character unlike many of the other hotels on Collins Ave. All the staff throughout our stay were extremely friendly and attentive, often times going out of their way to be of service.

We were lucky enough to have an ocean view room with a balcony which gave us a fantastic view of the gardens and iconic pool. The gardens, including the restaurant area, and outdoor space by the pool and at the back, were truly exceptional. There is ample space to spread out and relax. You feel as though you have privacy amongst other guests.

Had a lovely brunch sitting outside under a canopy of leafy greenery, such a pleasant place to sit and eat. We loved the little coffee shop in the lobby where we got freshly pressed juices and smoothies as well as great coffee every day. Also open 24hrs a day!

Already looking forward to another visit at The Raleigh!

(Our only complaint if we had one — although not sure it's really The Raleigh's fault — was the weather... it was really very cold that weekend!)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are thrilled that you chose the Raleigh as your destination for your birthday celebration getaway. I'm glad that you found the hotel's Art Deco design and old-school charm to be your cup of tea. Our garden or "oasis"as we call it is in fact a little sanctuary within the hotel, both ample ane tranquil, and along with the poolside, makes for the perfect place to kick back and relax. The restaurant is also located in a very beautiful part of the property and offers a fantastic brunch which we're glad that you were able to enjoy. We are sorry about the cold, but as you can imagine, it is very unsual for the temperature to drop below 60 Farenheit, even in January. We hope to have you as our guest again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly with any assistance you may need in planning your future stay.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Lovey stay in a old south beach art deco classic.
Thought that the hotel on the whole could be restored to a slitley higher levle
The room was clean and the bed was very nice.
Jaz at the front desk stood out to me as great member of the staff and was very helpful
Also I had left my phone by the pool and a staff attendent found it and returned it to the front desk where I was able to retrieve it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you had a memorable experience and wonderful stay. I'll be sure to share your positive feedback with Jasmel at the Front Desk. I am happy to hear that we could help in locating and getting your cell phone back to you.We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here on business in January of 2014. The hotel is beautiful, the period details have not been updated beyond recognition and the hotel has everything you need. Good restaurant, spectacular pool with a great combination of deep, leafy shade and sunny deck. Unlike most of the hotels along Collins, even the nicer ones, the Raleigh looks distinguished, with large vines grown into a distinguished canopy. The perfect place for a tasteful, formal wedding.

The staff here were especially terrific. I had lost my wallet before my trip and had to receive a fedex package and send another after I left. The staff handled these things with aplomb and were all exceedingly gracious. Perhaps the only thing that wasn't completely satisfying was that he coffee in the lovely little coffee shop in the lobby was only good. The barista was perfectly good, but the coffee itself was unremarkable. Far better than most hotels, and better than the coffee shop down the street, but one look at this place and you expect the coffee would be amazing. I can't wait to see if they rectify this small shortcoming the next time I stay at the Raleigh.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are elated that your stay was wonderful and in particular that our staff was "terrifc"; we thrive on being able to provide you as memorable and enjoyable an experience as possible, where every moment and every part of the hotel is key. I'm glad that our staff was available to assist you with whatever you needed. The Raleigh has been around for quite a while, so of course, it has developed an identity and authenticity all it's own, because it is very important for us to preserve this, it is very rewarding for us whenever we hear from our guest that is one of the things they remember their stay at the Raleigh for the most. I'm glad you enjoyed our very special and retro little coffee shop, needless to say we want to make sure our coffee is up to par with the coffee bar so we will definitely look into this. We would love to have you again and to see you soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Raleigh is an excellent hotel, in the Art Deco style, in a fantastic location on Collins Ave., backing onto Ocean Drive and the sea, yet only a couple of blocks from the main dining and shopping areas!
The whole character of the place is trying to maintain that 1930's style, and they do it with panache!
Our room was really great, full of character, despite appearing initially to be dated and a little tired! Then you realised that was The Raleigh!
The service was excellent throughout, from valet parking when you arrived, to final check- out!
We had two fantastic Russian girls serving us at breakfast, and once at dinner - Olga especially couldn't do enough for us at breakfast! Polite, highly attentive, professional but friendly - what more could you ask for in service!
The only slightly negative thing I have to say about the Raleigh is it's very pricey compared to other 4/5 star American hotels we've stayed in - and that's a lot!
Parking at almost 40 USD per night is pricey and our dinner, for the one night we dined there, was very expensive for very small portions and a not great wine! When I commented on this in their survey I was advised that their prices were comparable to other similar Miami hotels!! Oh well, if that's Miami, then it's got to have the most expensive hotels in the US!
The Raleigh is an excellent hotel, I can't recommend it enough, but park and eat somewhere else!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and that our staff and service were to your liking. I'm so happy to that Olga, and I will find out who the other young lady was, afforded you a very pleasant and warm dining experience. Our old-school charm and Art Deco legacy and feel are some of the defining and singular attributes that we are certainly most proud of. South Beach is in fact a pretty expensive area, whether for hotels or dining, but we also seek to be more than reasonable and fair with our prices so we will definitely heed your comments and take them into special consideration. We would love to welcome you back and ensure you have another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I really don't want to say too much nice about the Raleigh, as I'd like it to keep its quant charm. So don't go!!! You may fall in love with it as I have over the past 10 years, and you'll keep coming back...

Seriously, a wonderful place. Best outside dinner ambience anywhere, a talented kitchen and a classy quality all around. Rooms are small and nothing fancy, but quite comfortable. The pool is a beauty, and beach access and amenities are great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled to hear that your love affair with the Raleigh is going on its tenth year. We truly appreciate your review and savor your words for it is your loyalty and your memories that keep the spirit of the Raleigh alive. Our terrace and deck just adjacent to our pool make for a special place to dine and we're glda that you've made this setting all your own and the pool will continue to be the charming and nostalgic time capsule that represents us. We look forward to an eleventh year and a long and thriving relationship with you. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with your future stay. I would love to welcome you and meet you in person.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed one night in the Raleigh and had a wonderful time. Staff is friendly and helpful, the location is great and I loved the Art Deco style elements - especially the pool area. This hotel did a great job combining original character with modern time needs.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you were able to make the most out of your stay, however brief, and that the Raleigh, especially the pool, was enjoyable and to your liking. We would love to have you again, perhaps for a nice, long and relaxing vacation. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with planning your future visit.