“THIS IS MY FLORIDA HOME!”

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #36 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
St. Petersburg, Russia
“THIS IS MY FLORIDA HOME!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Me & family stayed at the Raleigh December 4th-11th for the Art Basel events.
It was our second stay there and I insist it is not the last!
Raleigh became a home to us!
I've stayed to a lot of luxury hotel worlwide in my life but I've hardly ever met such a welcome back professionalism!
The staff is fantastic! everybody is so so helpful and welcoming you don't have to even think and its done!
The property is small and cosy and this makes it a home away home!
The greatest agvantage to other nearby hotel is that only here you can feel that art deco old glamour Miami! All other hotels mixed with each other in their evergreen race to high-tech and modernity while the Raleigh is a crown jewel of SoBe with its nearly untouched glamour of the 1940's!

The restaurant is great from breakfast till dinner! The pool is....oh..... the state of the art! The lobby is so jazzy that you can feel Frank Sinatra and Dean MArtin are having martinis in the intimate and glamorous Martini bar!

Reallym there is only one think I would change (not CHANGE, but advise to update) - the conditions of elevators and floor corridors. It needs a little bit of cosmetic restoration. But hey its a tiny thing in comparison to other thing it give to you!!!!

My big big advice is to stay there at least once ! Just to feel the real Miami Beach as it was meant!!!!!

PERFECT WORK GUYS! TAKE CARE AND SEE YOU SOON!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Take a terrace!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
What an amazing review! We are thrilled that you and your family have made the Raleigh your home away from home in South Beach. Having a memorable and care free experience is what we are all about providing. Our hotel is rather small, at 105 rooms, when compared to larger chain hotels of 300 +, but our size allows us to retain so much of the Art Deco charm (as you graciously put it) and intimacy, as well as personable and warm service. Our pool, lobby, oasis area and all our outlets are certainly designed for your enjoyment and comfortability while staying true to Raleigh’s historical integrity and history. Also, we do have plans for some restorative work in the near future so we will be updating much of our commons and rooms. We are also so happy that you you were able to come down for Art Basel, which is definitely our favorite time of the year in Miami. We anticipate your next stay with us and are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The penthouse could have been lovely had it been kept up over the years, art hung on the walls well worn wooden panel walls and had a 80dba cooling tower (I used the decibel meter app on my iPhone) running 24/7 outside just above the terrace. The staff was nonplussed when I informed them about it saying "we could move you to another room but it won't be as nice". Probably true I guess? Not to mention there were events each evening of my stay until 11pm that no one mentioned.. So best to go to bed late and be tolerant of music, talking and the smell of cooked fish wafting into your room?
Over all a confusing stay at a disorganized place that seems to value the staffs comfort more than that of their guests. I've stayed at worse hotels and make no mistake this is not a bad hotel it's just way over priced for the condition and the level of service

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bentlebottom
Greetings and thank you so much for taking the time to share both your feedback and thoughts with us. It is from our guest experiences and reciprocity that we are able to improve and personalize our service as much as possible. We’re sorry to hear that your response from the front desk, upon mentioning to them that the noise from the cooling tower was too loud, was not satisfactory; of course we handle any request or issue with the utmost urgency and we seek to address these accordingly. Room 803 is certainly one of the gems of our property, however due to it being adjacent to the penthouse parlor, if there are to be any events taking place there, we normally bring this to your attention beforehand or at checkin so that you are aware and have the option of selecting an alternative if you wish to do so. Please know that your satisfaction is very important to us and we would love to have you stay with us again under different auspices. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with your future stay at the Raleigh, we would be honored and and would make sure that your stay is nothing less than amazing.

Best Regards,

Brian Vujnovic,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 11, 2013

we stayed at the raleigh over the weekend. upon check in, we met jasmel, he helped us with upgrading our room. the room we were upgraded to was magnificent! he also recommended amazing restaurants and places to go! actually, the whole front desk staff was so friendly and helpful...always a welcoming smile.
the pool....simply outstanding! so beautiful. the servers at the pool were so awesome too!
i love the art deco charm of the hotel. i will only stay at the raleigh hotel in miami ever again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Greetings, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings regarding your stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to afford you an upgrade to a room that you found to be “magnificent.” I’m happy that Jasmel was instrumental in facilitating your upgrade and providing you with helpful recommendations; I will definitely share your comments with him and our team. Our pool, and pool service are definitely hallmarks of our hotel and we are happy that they were a crucial part of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back and to many future stays and happy memories for you at the Raleigh. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with plans for your future visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We'd been away from home for 6 weeks when we arrived at The Raleigh, and what a disappointment it was. Our prewar rival interface was positive with the hotel agreeing g to hold some large bags for us while we went o Cuba, but after signing in we were met by challenge after challenge.

This wasn't a cheap weekend: 2 rooms, 3 people, with rack rates of $US545 each, but by the time we added on all four taxes, the resort charge and its taxes, the daily room price climbed well over $600.

The rooms tiny, and the bathrooms even smaller. Difficult even shutting the bathroom door.

The furniture was Art Deco, but other than the bed, not in use. The purpose built mini bar and service equipment drawers empty, and the fridge locked. The showers had a problem whereby it flooded the bathroom every Tim we used it. While there was a pair of spare towels, there weren't any racks or hooks (no room for them) so our shower base was always loaded with saturated towels.

Breakfast was expensive although the fixed menu was broad and the food good. But with limited choices and high pricing we didn't think we got fair value.

The hotel had assigned the beach end of their garden to an art exhibitor which entailed constructing a temporary building and re routing beach access. This disrupted our day by the pool with tradies using power drills and labourers moving pot plants around our pool beds.

And pool side service was non existent until. I complained, after which they looked after us quite well.

With good attention and no disruption from workmen this could be a nice place to relax.

Room Tip: We would avoid this property. If you have to visit South Beach there're so many good hotels avai...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your experience with us could have been better. Our guest experience and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us. Clearly while you were here there was a lot of movement and preparation taking place for Art Basel. We make every effort to have this affect our guests as little as possible and to inform them of what’s going on in a timely manner, we truly apologize that this affected your stay and experience by the pool, we would love to amend this in whatever way you would find fitting. Pricing for our rooms is contingent on many factors including the season, and time of year, please bear in mind that this currently is the peak of our high season so you can expect the room rates to be a little higher than in the summer for example. The menu pricing at Restaurant Michael Schwartz is comparable to many restaurants along the strip of the same caliber. Of course I understand that any getaway, especially considering the length of time and the distance, takes a lot of planning and work, but on your next visit to Miami we would love to have you stay with us and ensure that your experience with us is nothing less than perfect. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your recent stay and to assist you with anything you may need.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Raleigh many times, and particularly love it for it's old school charm and BEAUTIFUL pool. I am planning a group trip down at the moment, and cannot speak highly enough about the support I have received from the staff in setting this up!! From having the right rooms for everyone, to offering to help with group bookings - they have not only responded super quickly, but are always so friendly and hospitable, and i'm not even there yet! Cannot wait for my trip and many future trips. The Raleigh is 5 star all the way!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments. We love to hear that the Raleigh is already your favorite place to stay in Miami and that you are planning to visit us soon. Of course we are more than thrilled to welcome you and your party back and we will do everything we can to make sure that everything is wonderful and that everyone has an excellent experience. The perfect hotel experience for us starts not when you arrive at our property but from the moment you make your reservation. We count on an efficient and eager front desk, reservations and concierge team, among others, to assist you with any requests you may have and any planning you may need. We look forward to seeing you soon and I look forward to greeting you in person.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My partner and I spent 5 wonderful nights here for my 60th birthday in November, 2013. We could not have a more wonderful experience! (Although there was a slight glitch with the type of room booked, Fernando, the concierge, and the reservations staff, went out of their way to fix it in a manner satisfactory to us.) We stayed in a wonderful 5th floor ocean/pool view corner room, with windows in two directions. Would highly recommend #503! Baths are small due to the age of the hotel, but there is wonderful water pressure in the shower and it is instantly hot! Our first evening ended with a bottle of complimentary champagne in our room, sent for celebrating my birthday.

The Raleigh pool is often named the most beautiful hotel pool in Miami and rightly so. We have a hard time leaving poolside during the day. Water temperature, service, and poolside food/drinks are all great. Finally spent one day on the beach, and got the same great comfort, food, drinks and attention.

Speaking of drinks, they make a wonderful drink at the Raleigh, in the martini bar, or at the outdoor restaurant and pool bars. Classics, as well as innovative drinks are served. In addition, the Michael Schwartz restaurant did a phenomenal job with our outdoor dinner for 10, as did the restaurant wait staff.

Although we love this hotel, we realize it may not be for everyone. It is not glitzy and new. Minor inconveniences include the facts that available electric receptacles in some rooms are somewhat limited, and there was not a work desk in our room. Fortunately, we did not stay there to work! In my opinion, the Raleigh is for travelers who like a sense of history and want to stay somewhere unique and memorable. It is definitely an endearing classic! I could not have had a more wonderful birthday...

Room Tip: 4th floor and up have best ocean and pool views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobby R
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Greetings, thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled and delighted that you celebrated such a momentous occasion, as is your 60th birthday, with us, and that "you could not have had a more wonderful experience." We are sorry for the initial situation, but we are glad that both Fernando and reservations were quick to resolve this problem in a manner that was satisfactory to you.

We will definitely note, for your future visits, that 503 is your favorite gem among our rooms. It also sounds like you have a favorite spot in the hotel, which is our iconic pool, and it is certainly setup and designed in a way that it can be very difficult to leave. We're glad that your dinner at Restaurant Michael Schwartz, and drinks at our Martini and Pool Bars, were also hallmarks of your stay. We will definitely convey your appreciation to our entire F&B team. As you stated, the Raleigh is somewhat different as far as hotels go, especially on the strip. It is not uber-modernity nor standard, but it does have what we like to think is a classic quality, history and character all it's own.
We would love to have you again for your next celebration or even a simple getaway. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with your next stay.

Warm regards,

Irvine, California, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The best quality that the Raleigh Hotel has after the wonderful pool is the staff. I stayed there for a week to attend a conference and got very sick during my stay. When the staff found out, not only they were helpful offering to get me food, drinks, meds, but also had the manager contact me to ask if I wanted a doctor... I remember him saying "pelase do not feel alone or worry, your family at The Raleigh Hotel is here to help you". Thank you a thousand times for what you did. Also, I have to say that the decoration of the lobby and the pool, make the hotel one of the best ones I have visited in Miami Beach. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniela R
Thank you so much for your comments and kind words. I'm very sorry to hear that you got sick whilst on your trip and hope you are recovered and feeling back to normal. Of cousre you're well being and comfort are of the utmost importance to us and I am glad that our staff conveyed that. It is the human element, the warmth and spirit of service that we value most as a quality among our team members and that we strive to demonstrate. I am happy to hear that despite not feeling well, you were still able to enjoy the facilities and your stay. We would love to have you again. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with you next booking.

Warm regards,