The Raleigh Miami Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$275
$223
$451
$369
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$379
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$381
$369
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$198
$179
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$264
$246
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$269
$199
$388
$284
Travelocity
1,641 results
All reviewsmartini barmichael schwartzart decopool areabeautiful poolclassic hotelrooms are smallbeach accesslincoln roadbeach staffhotel restaurantthe entire stafflounge chairsan umbrellaocean driveocean frontshore club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My partner and I spent 5 wonderful nights here for my 60th birthday in November, 2013. We could not have a more wonderful experience! (Although there was a slight glitch with the type of room booked, Fernando, the concierge, and the reservations staff, went out of their way to fix it in a manner satisfactory to us.) We stayed in a wonderful 5th floor ocean/pool view corner room, with windows in two directions. Would highly recommend #503! Baths are small due to the age of the hotel, but there is wonderful water pressure in the shower and it is instantly hot! Our first evening ended with a bottle of complimentary champagne in our room, sent for celebrating my birthday.

The Raleigh pool is often named the most beautiful hotel pool in Miami and rightly so. We have a hard time leaving poolside during the day. Water temperature, service, and poolside food/drinks are all great. Finally spent one day on the beach, and got the same great comfort, food, drinks and attention.

Speaking of drinks, they make a wonderful drink at the Raleigh, in the martini bar, or at the outdoor restaurant and pool bars. Classics, as well as innovative drinks are served. In addition, the Michael Schwartz restaurant did a phenomenal job with our outdoor dinner for 10, as did the restaurant wait staff.

Although we love this hotel, we realize it may not be for everyone. It is not glitzy and new. Minor inconveniences include the facts that available electric receptacles in some rooms are somewhat limited, and there was not a work desk in our room. Fortunately, we did not stay there to work! In my opinion, the Raleigh is for travelers who like a sense of history and want to stay somewhere unique and memorable. It is definitely an endearing classic! I could not have had a more wonderful birthday...

Room Tip: 4th floor and up have best ocean and pool views
1  Thank Bobby R
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Greetings, thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled and delighted that you celebrated such a momentous occasion, as is your 60th birthday, with us, and that "you could not have had a more wonderful experience." We are sorry for the initial situation, but we are glad that both Fernando and reservations were quick to resolve this problem in a manner that was satisfactory to you.

We will definitely note, for your future visits, that 503 is your favorite gem among our rooms. It also sounds like you have a favorite spot in the hotel, which is our iconic pool, and it is certainly setup and designed in a way that it can be very difficult to leave. We're glad that your dinner at Restaurant Michael Schwartz, and drinks at our Martini and Pool Bars, were also hallmarks of your stay. We will definitely convey your appreciation to our entire F&B team. As you stated, the Raleigh is somewhat different as far as hotels go, especially on the strip. It is not uber-modernity nor standard, but it does have what we like to think is a classic quality, history and character all it's own.
We would love to have you again for your next celebration or even a simple getaway. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with your next stay.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The best quality that the Raleigh Hotel has after the wonderful pool is the staff. I stayed there for a week to attend a conference and got very sick during my stay. When the staff found out, not only they were helpful offering to get me food, drinks, meds, but also had the manager contact me to ask if I wanted a doctor... I remember him saying "pelase do not feel alone or worry, your family at The Raleigh Hotel is here to help you". Thank you a thousand times for what you did. Also, I have to say that the decoration of the lobby and the pool, make the hotel one of the best ones I have visited in Miami Beach. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniela R

Thank you so much for your comments and kind words. I'm very sorry to hear that you got sick whilst on your trip and hope you are recovered and feeling back to normal. Of cousre you're well being and comfort are of the utmost importance to us and I am glad that our staff conveyed that. It is the human element, the warmth and spirit of service that we value most as a quality among our team members and that we strive to demonstrate. I am happy to hear that despite not feeling well, you were still able to enjoy the facilities and your stay. We would love to have you again. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with you next booking.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I wanted to start off by saying how much we love the Raleigh Hotel. I run a retreat for several hundred women, each year, and the Raleigh has always welcomed us with open arms. We have used this hotel TEN TIMES and have always received superb service. We have always been so well taken care of and enjoyed every moment. I would like to give special thanks to Jasmel (Front Desk Sup) and Elkin (Front Desk) who did a wonderful job and were ever so gracious and accommodating. Fernando(concierge) was so helpful with all of our requests. Ana (restaurant) has to be recommended for her wonderful service. The best for last is Saira (housekeeping), she has taken care of me for 7 years, and each time we come she has offered the most phenomenal service and so much warmth and love.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and kind words. I'll start by saying that is our absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your visit each year. We are truly grateful that the Raleigh has become your home and destination for such an important and anticipated event, time and time again, and that you allow us to continue to serve you. Mama Gena is part of our history as we hope that the Raleigh has become part of yours. Every member of our staff is crucial in providing an overall excellence in guest service, for this reason we appreciate you acknowledging Jasmel, Elkin, Fernando, Ana and Saira (who has been with us for so long.) I am proud to have each one of them on our team and representing the Raleigh. We know that your stay was a success because you tell us so. Everyone in your party had a fun and enjoyable time, and that's what we are here for. We will be looking forward to next year.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

With a supermodel on the neighboring chaise lounge, The Raleigh Hotel Pool serves as the focal point at this charming Art Deco hotel in the middle of South Beach. The throw back feel of the lobby and hotel rooms goes as far as the real room key that you're encouraged to leave at the front desk when you go out. The staff was extremely friendly and effusively helpful. Thanks to David in the coffee bar for the late night drinks and efforts of Elkin and Jajmel at the front desk to make certain we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The Premier Ocean View Room with Terrace we had was exceptional. Great view of the Atlantic, beach, and pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would love for it to be the first of many. The Raleigh is certainly a time capsule, with the character and look of a classic 1940's art deco hotel; we like to think that it provides just the right amount of nostalgia for the bygone Golden era of Miami Beach. I will relay your appreciation to David, Elkin and Jasmel, who certainly embody our service culture and spirit of hospitality. We'll note that you found your favorite among our room categories, the oceanfront balcony rooms, and that this is where you would like to stay on your next visit. Please contact me directly to assist you with anything at all you may need. We look forward to seeing you again and we are truly appreciative of your business and kind words.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We just had our second visit to the Raleigh. The hotel has changed hands and has new owners.
I hope this bodes well for the hotel and not bad. I love this classic, iconic hotel with it's calm, cool, rather-moody lobby and it's one-of-a-kind pool and restaurant scene that opens up behind the lobby. The service was better than ever, at every point of service; desk clerk, coffee bar ladies, servers, towel guys, and especially those brilliant young men who work around the pool all day and constantly fill your glass with cold ice water (free) and divine Arnold Palmers (not free).
There are a few changes. I would say the physical plant of the hotel is feeling more aged - I hate to say this because I love the hotel. Small things like loose drawer pulls, no more post cards available even to purchase of the iconic pool - what are they thinking?! They are losing all that free advertising. The front desk clerk said the new owners had done away with these. I asked 3 times for a shower cap for the room, to no avail. The gift shop was never open in 3 days. Things like that.
A little crazy. DO take time to sit in the wonderful, intimate bar and feel glamorous. DO take time to make your way all the way down to the ocean and have the friendly guys set up a little cabana for you. A real getaway. An easy walk to the New World Symphony for a concert, Lincoln Road to explore etc. The Raleigh is still it for me in Miami.

Room Tip: I don't think there are really great rooms here unless you pay a fortune. We asked to face the pool and ocean but we looked over the neighboring place's roof. We investigated a room with a balcony but it was too pricey.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Raleigh. Although the hotel did change ownership back in December of last year, we feel that this will only only enhance our services and facility to better serve you, our guests, and that everything that classically characterizes the Raleigh (our decor, pool, art deco quality, etc.) will remain unchanged. I'm thrilled to hear that it is the service that stood out as the hallmark of your recent visit and that you found it to be better than ever as we are striving to excel in providing only the best service, and it is the human element and warmth that is most important to us.
We will be working on all aspects of the property to ensure that our facilities and all aspects of the hotel our in perfect condition. We're sincerely sorry that we did not have our signature postcards available while you were here but we will have them very soon, and updated to reflect our ownership and branding. Although the gift shop has not remained open and instead has only been available on demand, we are excited to let you know that within a few weeks it will be fully open again and better than ever.
I am so happy to know that the Raleigh is your destination hotel in Miami and we will do everything we can to ensure that we continue to be worthy of this honor. We look forward to welcoming you again and please allow me to assist you with anything you may need for your future stay.