“The measure of a great hotel is what they do when something goes wrong.....”

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #33 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This art deco hotel is located perfectly on the beach (back gate across the promenade and you're there), with wonderful internal decor, a great restaurant that spills out onto an open air terrace and a super outdoor pool. However, even the best hotels can have problems, and when your room is next door to the loudest rudest guests in the world, then it will challenge even the best staff to rise to the occasion.
We were at the Raleigh for 5 nights - the first two our sleep was destroyed by the guests next door. The duty manager intervened but to little avail. On the third night new guests occupied the room - but these were no better!!!!! Then we met GABY ROJAS - the front office manager - and possibly the best hotel employee in the WORLD - and I do not heap praise lightly. She did everything she could to make our last two nights perfect - we were moved to a suite and she personally oversaw our transfer. The Raleigh will do well to hold onto Gaby, who is a jewel in their crown!
But miraculously this hotel has more - Julietta from Argentina makes the finest cappuccino on the planet - and as someone who lived in Italy for 5 years this is praise indeed. Her little coffee shop near reception is a real treasure - she had a wonderful smile, a warm welcome and is a perfect barista. And it doesn't stop there either - breakfast staff were exceptional, bell boys ever helpful, the beach guys were a great laugh and nothing was too much.
Great staff make a great hotel even when things go wrong (and even if there is building going on next door). This is a real example of a great team delivering an outstanding level of service!
To Gaby, Julietta and all the others that Max and I encountered - thanks for a great time!

Room Tip: Never take 308 (or probably any derivative - 408, 508 etc.). For whatever reason theses rooms suffer...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback concerning your last stay. There is no doubt that the Raleigh hotel is perfectly located for the ideal vacation on the beach. We are always excited to hear that we were able to make or even turn around a guests stay, making lasting and memorable impressions. Our staff works very hard to provide excellent service to each and every guest. We are especially proud that two of our shining stars were able to make your trip pleasant, I will be sure to advise them of how they impacted your stay! We certainly hope to see you again soon and look forward to creating more special moments! Please do contact me directly when you are ready to book!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at The Raleigh for a week June 25th-July 2nd with our 16 year old daughter and loved our experience....The hotel, lobby, patio, pool and restaurants were beautiful...clean...The front desk, bar, restaurant, pool, beach, and valet staff incredibly attentive and helpful. Food and drinks were wonderful too...The hotel is in the middle of it all...yet an oasis where you can relax...especially the pool/patio area with its lounge music...The hotel is a walk away from Lincoln Road Mall...on the way of good bus routes...Would love to go back and would try to do without a car next time because parking tends to be expensive in this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are humbled that you found our property beautiful and to your liking. Service is top priority as we love to see our guests return and stay with us again! We certainly want you to visit the Oasis that is the Raleigh again in the near future. Please contact me directly when you are ready to book!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have lived in South Florida my whole life and so have gone to South Beach for mini vacations and have stayed at many hotels down in South Beach. Our most recent stay at the Raleigh Hotel in South Beach was AMAZING!! We went for our anniversary weekend and I could not have been happier that we picked The Raleigh. First let me start by saying that we stayed in a suite that had breathtaking views of the the city and the beach. It had a open terrace with lounge chairs that was off our living room and it just made going outside on the balcony even more fun. The room itself was nice, it has the South Beach charm that I love about Miami. We decided to have dinner on premise because how do you not eat at Restaurant Michael Schwartz! I loved getting ready and only having to take the elevator down to get to our dinner table. The food was phenomenal. We ordered many things on the menu to try and loved everything.. The grouper ceviche, home-made potato chips, shrimp toast, mussels, fish dip and lamb shank were delicious! We also had breakfast on premise the next morning and you have to.. have to.. have to.. order the Croque Madame! It is.. no joke.. the best croissant sandwich I have ever had in my life. Enough said. After breakfast we lounged by the pool which is huge and very relaxing. It is very family friendly and you are able to close your eyes and actually enjoy the fresh air and sun. And lastly, what's a trip to South beach without the beach, so we walked out the back door and headed straight to the beach which is right behind the property. I would highly recommend The Raleigh to anyone looking for a relaxing hotel that's close to everything, (it's right between 17th and 18th so close it's walking distance to Lincoln Road and shops!!) has great food on premise, and has super friendly and courteous hotel staff. Best Anniversary ever.

Room Tip: The suite was awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. What an amazing feedback you have shared with us. We are humbled that your stay at Raleigh was amazing, it makes us proud that the beauty and service of the staff left a lasting and memorable impression on you. We are always honored to be selected as hotel of choice for special occasions, we love to celebrate with our guests. Restaurant Michael Schwartz is amazing , and the Croque Madame is delicious! Please be sure to visit with us again soon! Please contact me directly to book.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

PROS:

- Front desk was very helpful.
- The aesthetic of the hotel is Art Deco/retro chic, I liked it, and it extended all the way to the rooms to the pool area.
- The room was very nice and clean.
- I loved that they use Molton Brown toiletries.
- The location is great with being right on the beach. The staff on the beach providing chairs and towels were courteous and professional.
- The pool was gorgeous, they had cabanas and couches there too.

(MAJOR) CONS:

-Valet parking was ridiculous but is expected of any Miami Beach hotel.

- BUT WAIT! Everything was perfect up until my Burberry watch went missing when the last place I saw it was on my bedside table. Thought I just misplaced it, didn't turn up the next day and we were about to leave so I asked the front desk to see if just maybe they had it at lost and found. No watch, of course. I should have NOT left it out on the open but still. That was a depressing note on an otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tunalala

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found the charm and beauty of the Raleigh to your liking as well as the service of our staff. Our pool is always a must see and enjoy while on property especially coupled with the beach in our backyard! Unfortunately we do not carry Molton Brown products in our rooms. We apologize for the inconveniences experienced with the valet and want to assure you this is not common as service is something we pride ourselves on. In regards to the missing items, it is common practice for all lost and found items are logged and investigated. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward to staying at the Raleigh - the big appeal being the authentic Art Deco style. On arrival it was a bit of a shock at just how 'authentic' the hotel was. However that's what makes it a truly beautiful hotel and a unique experience. If you like modern hotels it probably isn't for you.

Following a walk down the beach we were so glad we chose the Raleigh. Huge resort style hotels with loud music and lots of crowds. The Raleigh is a lovely boutique hotel - not a resort - so intimate and very relaxing.

In addition to the original features at the Raleigh - the pool is simply amazing. We swam every day and it was very chilled and never over crowded. Perfect. Couple both of these things with the location and it really is a great choice! You can walk everywhere and you are very central to the nightlife, shops and Art Deco district.

On the negative side I wasn't that impressed with the service at front desk - the restaurant team were lovely - however I happen to agree with other reviewers I don't think they believe the customer is right and they never got back to you! However Miami generally isn't great at service! So maybe the Raleigh is better in comparison?!

More generally in Miami - be aware of the 18% service charge - it's on everything at most hotels and restaurant - even the coffee! I'm used to that in London however really didn't expect to see that in America where they value good service. And the service really isn't that great in some places. Two places stood out to us who were proud not to include the fixed service - Grillfish restaurant on Collins and The Betsy Hotel on Ocean. Definitely the best service we had all holiday.

Stay at The Raleigh if you want to experience proper Art Deco design - and because the pool makes everything all worth while!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on the hotel, we agree that the authenticity of the hotel and its charm may not be appealing for all travelers and we try our best to accommodate each and every guest while here. What’s the Raleigh Hotel without our world renowned pool, we all fall in love with everyday as well and are happy that you were able to enjoy it. We are saddened to hear that our front desk staff did not provide the service in which you were expecting though it is our number one priority on a daily basis and certainly set out to make all of our guests comfortable. I would love to hear more about this experience. Overall I understand that your visit to the Raleigh was one of enjoyment and would love to have you back with you again soon. Please contact me directly to book your next stay.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently had the pleasure staying at the Raleigh Hotel in Miami for a much needed get-a-way with my girls. We had a minor hiccup with our flight and ended up not getting to Miami until the next day. The staff was so accommodating and helpful with our reservations and extended our stay for an extra day. After all of the stress we went through with our flight it was SO nice to get here and have EVERYTHING go so smoothly. Brian, the hotel manager, was at the front desk when we got there and heard us talking about our situation and gave us drinks to help us restart our weekend off right! Brain-THANK YOU!! You definitely started our weekend off right!! Everything about the hotel was perfect! My girls and I were able to relax and do our own thing. The pool was so peaceful and the service there was exceptional. From someone who is in a leadership/manager role I know when the overall service is exceptional it is a direct reflection on the leadership team. Great job management team and THANK YOU for making our weekend nothing less than AMAZING!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review! Girls get-a-ways are the best and we are so excited that you ladies decided to share it here with us! What a great way to start off the weekend with a drink upon arrival. We love to make our guests feel at home in providing great service. We certainly hope that you will visit with us again soon! Please contact me directly when you are ready to book.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I went for a weekend stay based on a friend's recommendation and we're pleased with the choice, especially compared to what we saw from other hotels we visited in the area. The hotel was laid back, quiet, and family friendly with direct beach access. At breakfast at the hotel every morning. Try the granola. We had an Ocean View room and it was nice. The service was very good, as well. All in all, a great stay.
One thing we didn't like: they charge you a $20/day amenity fee that is not disclosed until you arrive. Why is the hotel rate that I paid not inclusive of this fee?
Small price to pay for a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, we are so excited that you are satisfied with the choice you made to stay here with us at the Raleigh. We pride ourselves on being an “Oasis” on the beach. We are happy that you were able to visit our restaurant and enjoyed. We look forward to having you stay with us again! Please contact me directly when you are ready to book.