“Fabulous Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #36 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bedfordshire
“Fabulous Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Ralieigh Hotel had undergone a slight modernisation , replacement of furniture etc since my last visit 2 years ago, which thankfully is tasteful and in keeping with the hotel.

My partner and I were not staying at the hotel on this trip but booked dinner at the Michael Schwartz restaurant for my Birthday on 18 June, and enjoyed pre dinner cocktails in the beautiful Art Deco cocktail bar.

We had a fabulous table over looking the pool area, service and food were excellent . We were given a couple of additional complimentary appetisers to sample and given a gorgeous 'Happy Birthday' dessert delivered by the duty manager and waiter - singing happy birthday - a surprise !

We had a great meal and drinks and will definitely return again - thank you to the great staff at the Raliegh .

• Stayed June 2013
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
VBurts,

Thank you so much for your review! We are always excited to receive feedback from a guest who has experienced the Raleigh and leaves with a memorable experience. We are honored that you decided to share your special day here with us and pleased that the Restaurant experience was to your liking. What an even better way to end it with a surprise! We hope that you will come and visit us again soon for a night stay or even back into the restaurant! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were there for the Mother's Day and my son’s 4th birthday and felt relaxed and recharged. The room was clean and roomy with beautiful vintage furniture and elegant marble bathroom. Staffs were very attentive in providing over the top services. We loved having breakfast by the pool; the selection was plenty and the food was delicious. We also had Mother’s Day dinner at the restaurant by Michael Schwartz: the food was only okay and a little too salty for me, but all the mothers received a beautiful long stem pink rose and it was a nice touch. Personally, I think the best part of the hotel were the simple elegance the whole place provides and the direct access to the beach from the back gate. We had a great time sunbathing at the beach and went back to the hotel pool to cool down. Overall, we had no complains and will return when we visit Miami again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the review, we are so excited that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It brings us much joy to hear the sentiments of our guests coincide what we love most about the Raleigh. We focus daily on providing the best and most memorable experiences for our guests as we welcome them in our home. We are happy that you were able to indulge in our pool and take advantage of the dining experiences in Restaurant Michael Schwartz. We certainly would love to have you back here with us. When you are ready to visit Miami again please feel free to contact me directly! I look forward to meeting you.

Ventura, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the night-clubby lobby to the lavish pool to the stylish bar to the retro room, staying here is like going back to a more glamorous time. We were a little worried that a property this cool would come with lots of attitude but it was one of the most friendly and welcoming places ever. We felt like Lucy and Desi having cocktails in the Martini Bar where Ivan took great care of us one night. The turn-down service was spectacular: all the usual amenities plus candlelight! We had pre-paid months in advance, so were we nervous that there would be surprise add-ons that we have experienced at other hotels, but nothing doing. This is a hotel with history and character and style -- analog versus digital, jazz versus techno -- old but still working it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your descriptive review! We are overjoyed that you have a pleasurable experience here at the Raleigh.. The charm and class that is the Raleigh is a vital factor in which we work diligently to uphold on a daily basis. The history of the “ Grand Dame” is one that we are proud of and hold as a honor to preserve and share with our guests. We are certainly excited that you were able to enjoy all that is this property and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Should you desire to come back and share with us again, please feel free to contact me directly to book. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent hours researching the right place for me and my girlfriend to stay, and we both were beyond satisfied with our experience at the Raleigh. Stayed 3 nights at the Raleigh the 2nd weekend of June with my girlfriend - FANTASTIC hotel. Pictures do not do this place justice.

Service - We were greeted with smiles from the front desk to the pool bar. Pleasantly surprised by a bottle of wine when we checked into our room. Check-in and check-out was seamless. No issues, no hassles :)

Food & Drinks - I am a foodie, so this is probably what I was MOST excited about. I've tried Michael's in midtown on a previous trip and the cusine/style is exactly what I like. During our stay, we had lunch, dinner, bar bites, and a dozen or so cocktails, all tasty and memorable. Drinks i'd recommend the Steel Cup and Victoria. Too much good options on the food menu, but here's some favorites in no particular order: pork sliders (bar menu only), shrimp toast, lobster roll, burger, niscoise salad, tempura okra & peppers, and whole chicken (dinner menu).

The Pool & beach - Spent anywhere from 3~5 hours a day at the pool, and we'd do it again. It's beautiful. I'd recommend starting the day at the beach, enjoy a cocktail or two, get some sand and salt on your skin, have lunch at michaels, then cool down at the pool and cabanas until dinner time.

Thanks for a great vacay Raleigh. We'll be back!

Tips:
- Raleigh has their own bikes to rent ($10 for 8 hours) which is a better deal (and more comfortable) than the city/public bikes. I'd recommend taking advantage of this and going for a nice ride along the beach to start the day.
- Use the beach/pool bag they have in the room.
- Make sure you eat at least one meal at Michaels!!!

Room Tip: I paid a premium for an Ocean View room, and to be honest, I was a little dissappointed. I was expec...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles C,

Thank you so much for your review! What a vivid description of your stay here with us at Raleigh. Providing memorable experiences is our driving force amongst our team in ensuring that your stay is flawless and memorable!

Thank you so much for visiting our newest addition to our property Restaurant Michael Schwartz, we are elated that you enjoyed the meals and service provided. We must admit that the Shrimp Toast is one of our favorites as well.

Our world renowned pool is has certainly been a factor in creating memorable experiences and are proud that you have also shared in this as well.

We certainly would love to have you back in our home away from home. When you are ready to book, please feel free to contact me directly! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Raleigh at the end of May, 2013. We were drawn to this hotel by the reviews that we read on Tripadvisor and the pictures of the pool. We wanted to experience the art deco past of Miami. We were certainly not disappointed in the pool -- it is one of the most unique pool areas that we have seen in America. Yes, other hotels on that strip have interesting pools, but this one had the most character and ambiance. The food in the Restaurant Michael Schwartz was top notch. A definite benefit to staying in the hotel to have such a fine dining experience. Having breakfast and dinner outside was really amazing. The service was really first rate everywhere on the property. Especially in the restaurant: the servers were constantly anticipating our needs and went way out of their way to be personable and friendly. The bar is one of the most unique places I have ever seen. It definitely takes you back in time to a bygone era! The bartender there is a true mixologist and was making creations that were incredibly unique. I told him a few of the incredients that I liked and he mixed up a concoction that I will never forget or replicate. Now for the critique: I had to take one star off however, for the prices. It was not merely the cost of the room but the costs of the add ons as well. I understand that in South Beach you can't get a drink for less than $14, but do you really have to pay $25 just for them to set up an umbrella for you at the beach? That is a ripoff and the management should rethink their policy on this as it detracts from the experience a hotel guest has at the beach.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for review, We are elated that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We are very proud of our world renowned pool area and always excited when our guests have a memorable experience there as well. Restaurant Michael Schwartz is our latest addition to the property and certainly one that has made a name for it self, we think the food is amazing as well! Martini Bar has certainly made a name for itself over the years, we are excited that you enjoyed your cocktails and certainly should come back for another! We have noted your concern regarding the pricing of the umbrellas and will handle accordingly. We would love to have you back with us, should you desire to do so, please feel free to contact me directly to book your next stay.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

After having an unparalleled birthday yesterday at the Raleigh I thought it would only be fair to show my thanks. About 10 of my closets friend and I dined at the Restaurant Michael Schwartz for lunch, then relaxed in a cabana by the pool all day. Lunch was simply delectable and very moderately priced for South Beach. Everyone raved about how great their food was. After lunch, we headed over to our cabana to later find out that along with the purchase of lunch and the cabana we also get a magnum bottle of Rosé wine for us to enjoy free of charge. We relaxed at the amazing pool all day and sipped on refreshing cocktails. My only critique was that they kind of had "elevator music" playing through the speakers in the cabana but was a very minor flaw. Additionally, the service at the Pool Bar, the restaurant, and from the event coordinator were top notch and I even received a shot on the house because it was my birthday! Overall it was a very pleasant experience that I would highly recommend to anyone inquiring.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
ChrisM,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so excited that you enjoyed your special day here with us! We are honored that you selected us to spend the day at our newest addition is the Restaurant Michael Schwartz, we enjoy the food as well! We have noted your suggestion on the music and will be sure to handle accordingly! We would love to have you back relaxing with us at our “Oasis” and even stay the night! Should this be of any interest, please feel to contact me directly to book! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

While aware that the buildings in MB must be preserved the interior can be altered. The elevators and rooms are super dark. Very ominous feel. Felt like a motel and definitely not worth $200plus/night. The fine print on my voucher said $35 for parking and I was still charged $39 although I made them aware at check in. Something about the customers is not always right that rubs me the wrong way. Miami Beach is starting to feel less like a vacation spot & more like they're trying to suck every $ out at every turn. Do not see myself staying here again. I enjoyed the National and Royal Palm best.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are disheartened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at the Raleigh. We have noted your many concerns regarding the halls and elevators, as we are an Art Deco building there are many areas of the hotel that we respectfully preserve as a part of Miami Beach history. In regards to the discrepancy with valet, we sincerely apologize that this was not taken care of and can certainly assure you that our guests satisfaction is our number one priority and strive daily to make our guests feel welcomed and at home. I would love to speak with you regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me directly.