“Wow! A Place I Could Relax and Feel Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh Miami Beach

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #41 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Wow! A Place I Could Relax and Feel Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am coming from a tough year and I have made it a point to go to South Beach to Relax.... I was not let down or disappointed in anything while staying there and now I feel amazingly at ease. The Staff was extremely helpful including Fernando and Crispy. It is my wife and I 10th year anniversary and we were given a corner room FREE UPGRADE that had beautiful views of the pool and was very smooth Modern Features. We Loved the pool and the beach and then lounging for an hour in the room before getting ready to go out. Fernando said. "I was thinking about you guys and a place to celebrate your 10 years- Juvia"- We were amazed that the staff had thought of us and made Excellent Recommendations of places to go like Ola' and PubBelly too so we were not stuck on Lincoln Rd as tourists.
Crispy and the Raleigh Staff sent a bottle of Sangiovese to our room to help us celebrate our anniversary on the house which we took to the beach and enjoyed the Sunset Hours on a Life Guard Station- They really made us feel at home there and we did not want to leave.
We had excellent service throughout South Beach and are making the Raleigh our GO TO SPOT for my wife and I to Relax.
Thank you to all the staff at the Raleigh- Sincerely, Matt and Jen Dougherty

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has Ocean View- And if you can a Corner Room- It allows a lot of light!!!
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Raleigh is always my choice to stay in Miami - great pool , good rooms though really I spend so little time in the room but all in all one of my favorite places to stay except that this time there were a few problems... The staff seemed deflated and in a bad mood - not sure if its a mangemnet thing. They were definately short staffed only having one person doing pool service for food and drink, The pool bar was closed, the restaurant service slow. It felt like they were missingbodies. The young lady at poolside did a great job and was cheerful but you could tell she was completely over worked and I was amazed that she kept going during the rush peak times. I felt bad for he having no support. There were ot enoug bar saff in the evening too. My room was also serviced late at 5pm?? It feels like management has cut the staff numbers and are running their current team ragged. Saying all that the service was still very personal and the over worked staff were as always all great and lovely. I would go back but they def neee dto work out some kinks - if my stay next time is the same I may have to consider a new place in Miami which would be very sad indeed

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nyxtian
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at The Raleigh four times in the past seven years. We absolutely love the pool area and everyone that works there is soooo friendly. We were walking distance to one of the best restaurants we've ever been to, OLA. The food at The Raleigh is great too - we had two items we've never had before, kobia fish and grilled shishito peppers. Yummy. Our bartender at the patio bar during most of our stay was Louis. He was terrific. He made us a spicy yellow pepper drink that was amazing. And for dessert one night, he made us a chocolate liquor drink with crispy little pieces of chocolate in it. Looking forward to our next stay in a comfy poolside "bed", hanging with Louis, and sampling the great cuisine of Miami.

1 Thank JevaPennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Raleigh is located in a very desirable stretch of Collins Avenue. The hotel has beach front access, which comes with chairs and an umbrella. If you want to really get your money's worth, spend some time at the pool. Poolside drinks are a little expensive, but worth at least one. The hotel martini bar is a nice nightcap. Don't expect a big room, but it is quite clean and comfortable. All in all there is a really timeless feel about this place, with the 50's era photography hanging on the walls and it's art deco design.

You can walk about two blocks to shopping and restaurants at Lincoln Road out door mall. There is also a Wallgreen's close, which is very convenient.

In short, I dream about this place.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Emurray910
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

With a very nice lush pool and a more sophisticated clientele than you will find at the bigger Miami hotels, the Raleigh never disappoints. You may however be disappointed when you look at your bank balance after a long weekend at this pricey gem! Save for special occasions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here to relax after a tour of America and Canada. I like to mention the positives first and we were pleased with the size of the room. I know some people have complained that there one was small, but we received an upgrade, but that ended up being a disabled room. Not sure why, but we had no complaints as the room was nice and spacious. The staff were excellent always keen very polite and willing to get you anything you wanted. The staff on the beach were also excellent ensuring that you had a mattress for the sun lounger and towels. The pool area was great very quiet and places to lie in the sun or in the shade. They also had several bed type loungers which were available to everyone, unlike other countries where you pay extra. There were also several relaxation areas where you could sit out of the sun with the fan on you and completely wind down. The gym was limited and outdoors which meant you sweat like you couldn't imagine however all the equipment worked without the hint of an out of order sign. There was no Tea or Coffee making facilities in the room which was a real shame, but we did have a fridge. It wasn't freezing but it was better than not having one. There were some areas within the hotel that looked tired, The tiles in the restrooms by reception has several broken and old drilled holes. The problem is with a period building is if you try to cover cracks it just looks worse. Miami beach as a whole gave the impression that several buildings were in need of improvement and although The Raleigh was a lovely period building it is imperative that the ethos and demeanor of the building is maintained otherwise it could look shabby.

Room Tip: This seems like an odd one, but it would be worth asking for the disabled room.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I really enjoyed my experience at the Raleigh... With SOOO Many hotels to choose from in Miami Beach, I was happy to have found a quiet gem in the heart of it all... The pool & beach is a place for R&R... If you are looking for a RAVE party during the day poolside, Look somewhere else... The rooms have that old school 1960's feel... Very Clean.
Bathrooms are spotless, however they are very small.. The architecture is true to Old Miami Beach.. They kept this boutique hotel true to form... Quiet & Quaint...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends