“World class service across the board”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #42 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Great place for a conference and to relax at the end of the day. Staff is superb - from the bell staff to front desk to restaurant staff. It is clear there is a customer service focus that will bring me back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
FBGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

What a wonderful compliment. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your gracious review.

We are most inspired to know that our service level and over 2,000 team members made your experience as relaxing and memorable as mentioned. Please rest assured of our uncompromised commitment to service excellence for you to enjoy on every visit.

Your loyalty is the sole reason for all we do at Fontainebleau. We look forward to hosting you again.

Guest Relations Team / Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Write a ReviewReviews (13,844)

Reviewed November 20, 2010

First the good review...great location, plush rooms (with an Apple i-mac and free internet included) and great facilities.
However, calling room service to get an early morning coffee (no coffee machine in room) proved a lengthy affair - two days running it entailed a 15 minute wait to get through (and then only to be told by the operator "would I mind holding") and then another 20 minutes for the coffee itself.
Also avoid odd-numbered rooms overlooking the hotel drive-up and entrance in the main block if you want an undisturbed night's sleep. The nightclub empties from 4am (and closes at 5am) and a succession of stretch limos and taxis are honking their horns and there is a general hubub. Guest Services were just about apologetic but suggested nothing.
So, if you get an ocean-view room and avoid room service you might have a good time

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

Please accept our apologies for the lack of responsiveness in our in-room dining services and the disturbance early in the morning that derived from our nightclub operation. We should have offered satisfactory solutions when you notified our Guest Services. All our accommodations in the Tresor and Sorrento towers are equipped with in-room coffee makers. Had we known your personal preferences upon receiving your reservation, we could certainly have offered these options.

In the hope of restoring your satisfaction, we would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss the specifics of your challenges. At your convenience, please contact us by e-mail at GuestRelations@fontainebleau.com, or via phone at 305-674-4688 with the reservation name, room number and dates of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I have never felt the need to write a review. Being in the luxury business I have often felt jagged and not very impressionable, well, the Fontainebleau in Miami has the left an everlasting impression. I traveled with my 10 month old twin boys and husband this weekend and have never felt more taken care of. Traveling with infants is not easy, unless you are staying at the Fontainebleau! The hotel provided cribs were waiting for us with the most beautiful linens and the shipment I sent with all the diapers was unpacked and perfectly put away when we got to our room. There was a pack-n-play waiting for us at the pool with the most adorable bumble bee toys, the baby sitting service was so reliable, trustworthy, experienced and professional.
Now, about the service and food at the restaurants………..it was nothing short of perfection. I live in NYC and have been to all the best places here, Gotham Steak and Hakkasan were out of this world, I can not say which was better the food or the service but I will remember both for a very long time. The breakfast buffet at Vido had everything you could ever imagine wanting and the waiters were so pleasant even while cleaning up after my very messy twins.
The Fontainebleau has a great scene in the lobby at night and the drinks there are wonderful. It is a perfect place to travel with your family or just friends – there is no reason to ever leave the hotel, they have everything there and if for some reason they do not have, I know they would find a way to get it for you.
We will be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
FBGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2010

Thank you very much for the extremely inspiring feedback.

Our entire team from frontline employees to management is completely overwhelmed with your gracious compliments. We are most grateful and pleased that you and your husband were able to treat yourselves to the well-deserved vacation, and that your twin sons also enjoyed themselves and our breakfast services in Vida.

We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to host you and make your stay a memorable experience, and anxiously await your return visits. Your loyalty means the world to us.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

AN amazing experience, cant tell any bad thing about it, an terrific place for vacation, love Miami, Love this hotel, excellent staff, awesome valet cant complaint.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
FBGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

What an inspiring compliment your review is. We are truly appreciative of your recent stay.

Thank you very much for allowing us the opportunity to host you. We look forward to your loyalty and sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back on your future visits to Miami Beach.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

I travel a lot. Last year alone I topped out at 230,000 air miles and I have never written a review for a hotel. But after staying at Fontainebleau, I decided I had talk about my experience with this great hotel, staff and amenities.

I was on my way to Miami to meet with some clients and called a friend for a suggestion on a different location to stay at and a new restaurant to take my clients this trip. His suggestion was the Fontainebleau for both.

After a tour of the hotels 9 pools, fitness center and restaurant locations I met my clients for a drink at the Bleau bar then we headed to Fontainebleau’s Scarpetta restaurant for dinner. My clients thought it was the best Italian food they have ever had and I agree; it was phenomenal.

Truly an exceptional staff, from the Director of Quality to the valet guys everyone at the hotel was nice and went out of their way to take care of my needs. It's nice to see an entire hotel staff that’s dedicated to service and there guest.

This is truly one of those great hotels that everyone should experience...on a regular basis. I will be back in Miami in 2 weeks and without a doubt will be staying at Fontainebleau.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
FBGuestRelations, Director of Quality Operations at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

We are sincerely grateful for your most gracious compliments. Thank you very much for your recent stay.

Please know that our entire team of over 2,000 employees wholeheartedly appreciates your wonderful feedback about us, our service and your dining experience at Scarpetta.

Your loyalty is the sole reason for all we do. We anxiously await your future visits.

Masahiro Ito / Director of Quality Operations
Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I don't have a lot of time because it's time to check out, but I do want to say that I'm fascinated by the comments about customer service. During both of my stays here, now and August 2009, that has been the highlight...the beautiful, comfortable rooms and the high quality of guest service. Being in the business, I know that it's sometimes difficult to deal with some customers. So I go into it knowing that and find that the employees respond in kind. They do a wonderful job at the Fontainebleu. The prices are ridiculously high here...and everywhere in Miami. I could never afford to live here. But I knew that before I came.
Wonderful stay...thank you.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
FBGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Thank you very much for your return visit. How gracious of you to share the wonderful compliments with us.

We are extremely inspired by your most rewarding comments. Please rest assured of our uncompromised commitment to higher levels of service quality that we strive for daily.

Your loyalty is the sole reason for all we do. We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

I would definitely consider this the best hotel in Miami - surpassing the W, Mandarin and Eden Roc. There is exquisite detail in everything at this hotel. It seems no stone was left unturned. Mostly, I loved the restaurants and the very modern and chic decor. The bedding is superb and made specially for fontainebleau, unfortunate because when I stay somewhere with bedding I really like they are usually able to direct me where to get it. I ate at all the restaurants and most of the small cafe/eateries - all were great. Staff was excellent.

The pool is also amazing, though if you want to upgrade from the standard beach chairs, a large round beach bed was $60 and a cabana was $200, I believe, though I may be wrong.

At the end of the my stay, I had spent more than I planed, though (a small pre-made cesear salad at a food stand costs $15 for example). Parking was about $35 a day per car.
It was a great escape for my friends and I, and also seems great for families, couples and business travelers alike. This hotel is not walking distance to the shopping, tourist area of SoBe and Miami, so be ready to cab it up or drive to go to these places, but the resort is quite all inclusive with several restaurants, bars and a popular night club.
We stayed in a two bed standard room, not a suite, and it was still very nice. Our friend had a one bed room which seemed signficantly smaller.

This hotel is expensive, but well worth it so I give it 5 stars. I can't say enough good things about the Fontainebleau. It is simply gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
FBGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

How heartfelt your compliments are to all of us. The entire Fontainebleau team of more than 2,000 employees is most grateful for your stay and kind review.

We are pleased that our staff made your experience memorable, and that you found our guest room amenities and dining venues to your liking. Please be assured of our uncompromised commitment to higher levels of luxury service simply because we value your loyalty more than anything.

Thank you very much again for allowing us to become your exclusive destination. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Our bedding also awaits your return visits.