14,677 results
All reviewstresor towersorrento towerlapis spableau barliv nightclubpool areabeautiful hoteljunior suitelobby barocean viewamazing servicebeach servicepeople watchingpool staffvalet servicevalet parkingbeach chairs
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Fontainebleau and I had a truly excellent stay there. From check-in all the way to check-out, we were met with nothing but pleasant employees. After reading the negative reviews regarding the quality of customer service, I was a bit worried but the negative reviews could not have been more wrong based on my stay. The gentleman we dealt with at check-in, Joshua, was one of the kindest and most helpful people I have ever dealt with in a hotel. He made sure we had everything we needed in our room and that we were completely satisfied. My family that we were traveling with even had their room upgraded to an ocean view at no additional charge. Furthermore, in all of the hotel's restaurants and stores, every person we encountered was genuinely nice and always helpful.

Although the hotel was a bit expensive, you do get what you pay for, everything was of the highest quality. The pools were beautiful and the grounds were kept impeccably clean. Even the floors in the lobby were so clean each day I could practically see myself. Our room on the 11th floor was spotlessly clean. The in room iMacs were a great touch and made it so easy to stay connected and get anything we needed from the hotel. The beds were so comfortable that I wish I could sleep there every night. Also, the gym facility is state of the art, with plenty of beautiful machines and view that would make anyone want to work out.

In all, everything about our stay at the Fontainebleau was extraordinary and I can't wait to return there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Hotel was really nice! Have been to plenty hotels in my short life, but this one was killer with the beach directly attached!!! Loved it!

Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Before arriving at the Fontaine Bleu, my expectations where very high, i had heard nothing but fantastic things about this hotel, its location and services. WOW was that a understatement, the hotel is amazing, the cleanliness of the entire hotel can not be faulted, the size and layout makes the getting round the hotel seem so effortless.
There are plenty of places to grab lunch and some very famous restaurants including Hakisan, which was beautiful.
The beach area is very nice although the further you walk towards South Beach the wider the beach area gets, but also the busier ;-)

I had read a lot of reviews about the hotel being Expensive, this is true the hotel food/drink prices are, but what i realized is, MIAMI is an expensive place, it isn't just the hotel. No matter where you go you will be paying over the odds for food and drink. So not holding the hotel personally responsible for this.

I went in a group of 5 young guys, and the LIV night club / blue bar in the this hotel are booming from Thursday through to Monday. Big stars, big crowds and the hotel lobby is just buzzing! the best club in miami for sure.

Hope this helps

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Fontainebleau. Our first impression was our bellboy, Jimmy. He was really nice and helpful, we were immediately impressed. Check in went quickly and the person checking us in was really friendly. We were unsure if our room would be ready because we got there around noon, before normal check in, but it was ready. The room was really clean and comfortable. The beds were amazing. We didn't have a view, but we weren't in the room enough for it to matter. Having the Mac in the room was very convenient.

The pool area was amazing. The chairs were really comfortable and the cabana boys were really nice and helpful. There weren't always chairs available by the pool, but there were a bunch of them on the grass.

Fresh was the only restaurant we ate at and it was really good, but a bit pricey. So is the Glow Bar- I ordered chicken tenders and a soda and the total was just over $20.

I read other reviews with people saying they could hear the LIV all the way on the 10th floor (of Chateau), we stayed on the 9th floor and heard nothing. It was loud in the lobby at night, but that's to be expected.

The hotel is expensive, so beware. The valet is about $34 a night, the restaurants are expensive (especially Gotham steak), and you tip most of the employees you come across.
We had a fantastic visit and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Positives: the place smells amazing. It's a landmark. The location is very convenient. The pools are beautiful. The spa (though very $$$) is gorgeous. Don't be put off by the fact that the Spa does not answer their phone (which is bizarre). Just go there in person and then don't be put off by the clueless young women who handle appointments. Once you get past them for your appointments, you will be treated royally by all. Negatives: The prices are ridiculous. $4.50 for a Coke...no maid service unless you specificically request it (including NO changing of your sheets unless you specifically ask)...$12.95 per day to use the fancy Mac computer in the room PLUS an additional internet fee if you use your own computer. Overall, if it's not your dime, you'll enjoy your time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business