I travelled to Miami from Scotland on my honeymoon (my husband has always loved the look of Miami so we picked the flashiest hotel for our honeymoon). I had read a lot of reviews on this hotel that weren't so good - staff rude, overpriced, too far out. That could not be further from the truth! Arriving at the hotel after 20 hours of travelling and a 5 hour time difference was tiring but the chap who checked us in was lovely! He found out we were on honeymoon and immediately upgraded us to the most gorgeous room - kitchen, jacuzzi bath, huge balcony, amazing sea views!! Tresor Tower - 32nd floor!
We stayed at the Fontainebleau for 2 weeks, which is a long time at an expensive hotel but we managed fine on a budget. We are not a wealthy couple, and had a tight budget of just $300 per day to spend - if this is just on food you would struggle, never mind having drinks too! But everywhere in Miami is expensive so the hotel prices were actually quite reasonable. We did end up having microwave macaroni and hot dogs most nights but we like to spend all of our money on drinking and clubbing so that's just our preference! haha.
The pool boys were fantastic - couldn't do enough to help you, and I listened to then often trying to figure out ways to better their service, and quizzing each other on aspects of the hotel (something that scottish workers dont seem to care about). The pool bar staff and waitresses were lovely too, and very friendly. If you are ordering drinks from the bar they will charge you a service charge, but this is much less than ordering from the waitresses who will expect an extra tip too!
You will need to get a taxi into the main strip at night (Ocean Drive, Washington Avenue best places for nightlife) but this is only around $10. If you are in early you can catch a bus for $2 each, but the last bus stops around 9.50pm!
All of the restaurants look lovely although we only dined in Gotham Steak House ($24 burger, $50 steak) and Vida which do a wide range of food at EXCELLENT prices.
The hotel was so clean and fresh, and there were always nice little touches left in our room, chocolates, coffee etc. You do pay a lot to stay at this hotel, but to live in luxury you have to pay for it! I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else - especially after taking a trip round the city tour bus - none of the hotels even look half as nice as the Fontainebleau!
LIV nightclub was easy to get into despite what most reviews say (although we are a young couple that are easy on the eye) and is a great night out!
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone, and you can definetly even do it on a budget! Can't believe i've had to come home - I miss it so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach