14,676 results
All reviewstresor towersorrento towerlapis spableau barliv nightclubpool areabeautiful hoteljunior suitelobby barocean viewamazing servicebeach servicepeople watchingpool staffvalet servicevalet parkingbeach chairs
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Parking is 30 plus a night which is about typical for a resort type property. There are several buildings on the property, I stayed in the Tresor which as I understand it is a building where individual unit owners allow the hotel to rent the individual rooms. Out of a 6 night stay we had housekeeping clean our room twice. We had to call just to get someone to come and empty the trash which was piling up and get some clean towels….but they did not remove the dirty towels. A drink at the pool is 14 dollars plus 18% gratuity unless you are a unit owner (they get a different menu) and then it is about half that. A coffee in their lobby coffee shop is about $4.50. Meals on site are also expensive. Overall the site is well kept and clean and if you want to hang with the “haves” it is a good location. Be prepared however to complain about normal housekeeping if you expect that service. This hotel is not for those on any kind of budget so do not got there expecting to be thrifty.

Reviewed February 15, 2009

WAYYYY OVERRATED! Unless you have a personal chauffer and disposible income (and are stupid) this is a ridiculous place to stay. Although absolutely beautiful, the "resort" is overpriced, crowded and way too big for its britches. The staff has no idea how to maintain this monstrosity. It is a joke. The rooms start at like $600 on New Years and my room wasn't ready for 1.5 beyond check in time without any discount or anything for my inconvenience. They get you on this resort that you can't escape unless you want to wait forever to get your car out of their valet. If you have no car, you are stuck in a part of Miami Beach where the only place to eat is Subway. Otherwise, you're stuck paying $20+ for a premade tuna sandwich. A total joke! You also have to pay for internet service in the room even though they supply a beautiful Mac computer. Again, WTF!? Also, if you want to go to the bathroom or find your room, for that matter, it takes forever to get there (from the pool). And, there are hotel key checker Nazi's all over the place so you'd better have your key handy. And the beach, it was so minimal that I had to move everytime the lifeguard on the four wheeler would drive by. Stay somewhere else! This place is a joke!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sk8erjess
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I stayed at the 'Bleau back in 2006 and was very impressed. I am a military contractor and I try to find a nice hotel when I'm on my R&R's. Fast forward to January 2009, I now have a place in Miami, but wanted to see the improvements that were many billions in the making at the hotel.
I booked a one day stay at the Fountainebleau mid week (Jan 14). Or so I thought. Apparently I booked for the 13th. When checking in this error was found but promptly corrected I was handed a key to my Sorento one bedroom suite.
Upon entry I was very impressed. Everything was brand spanking new. Excellent kitchen, marble everywhere, inviting living room area, full length balcony overlooking the renovated pool area and beach, comfortable bedroom, and one of the nicest master baths you will find in a hotel.
As I was on a tight schedule I dropped off my belongings and headed back out. exiting out I found the marble to be awfully slick....
I returned to the hotel around 8 ish with a friend (Rich, who happens to be a manager at the hotel). I head to my room and my key card is not funcitonal.
I return to the front desk and I am told that i was never checked in. Mind you I have already stopped by the room and dropped off my belongings. The front desk was quick to correct and I was sent on my way.
I had a couple of friends over and we watch a few basketball games and talked about college days (Barry U!! woo hoo). I took my shoes off and made my way to the bedroom, the carpet on from the kitchen to the bedroom was soaken wet. Like a fwe gallons of water were dumped and left to soak! By now it is 10ish in the evening. We decided to tough it out and countinue with our evening.
There were no other problems (the in room movie service was iffy at times).
I checked out (in room, through the tv/internet service) and proceeded to the valet, provided my ticket and waited for 35 minutes for my vehicle.
A week later I check my bank balance and I am double charged for the room ($661). By now I am in transit back to Iraq to head to work. A few days later an additional charge of $700+ is on my statement.
I contacted the billing department on several occaisions and am forwarded to a voicemail. I leave my details, explain that I am in the Middle East (and 8 hours ahead in time) and request assistance. Nothing.
I was very impressed with the improvements at the hotel, and honestly wouldn't mind staying there again, if and only if resolution could be had regarding my billing issues.

Oh and handle the wait for the valet.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank skullylover
Reviewed February 10, 2009

The food at Vida...once you can get seated...once you can get one of the "servers" to take your order...and once they finally bring it to you is good. Expensive, but good. With very generous portions.

However, the service was without a doubt the worst I have experienced in a long time. My company had us there for 4 days and I ate there on 3 different occasions for lunch. We had an early lunch, a late lunch and a lunch in the middle of the rush. Each experience sucked worse than the 1 before.

The host/hostess station is a cluster...Why would that person need to disappear for significant amounts of time to keep going into the back kitchen area?

There is an army of waitstaff, even when they are at the height of being busy it still seems like there should be plenty of servers. But I have never eaten somewhere where there was more of a flurry of "Activity" but really not much happening. Servers disappear off the floor for several minutes at a time, again to go back into that mysterious back kitchen area. What is happening back there? We sat down for an early lunch on Monday and there were maybe 12 tables filled. I think there were more wait staff than tables. It took 15 minutes after we were seated (and that took 10 minutes?) to get someone to simply acknowledge us, let alone get a drink order. Finally a waitress comes and takes our water and coffee order and comes back 5 yrs later...no cream. Never brought a spoon for the creamer...our water was never refilled. The bill took forever to show up and then of course like everything at the Fountainbleu you get hit with an 18% gratuity. For what? Is there anyone managing the restaurant? The whole operation is a disaster other than the food. I felt like I was watching a Gordon Ramsey show on Fox. Yes it was that bad.

The resort itself is beautiful if overpriced. The food for every event we had was really great. The drinks at the bars were crazy-expensive but at least served professionally and competantly by their extremely sexy staff. Not sure where they find these people, but especially at the lobby bar, has some of the most beautiful women you will ever see. Finally our housekeeper that cleaned our room every day on the 10th floor of the Chateaux was great. We ran into her every afternoon on our floor cleaning other rooms and would always ask us how our stay was and if it was ok to clean our room. Every afternoon we came back the room was immaculate. She was such a sweet older lady.

To sum up, it's a great resort, but my colleagues and I had such a consistently miserable time at Vida. Even on the shuttle back to the airport all I had to do was bring up the word Vida and everyone on the shuttle immediately "launched" into a diatribe about their uniquely bad experience with the service. They need to get this fixed FAST.

1  Thank Whiskeyman96
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Just returned from staying at newly updated hotel....decor nice...but we were put in Tresor
tower...1 of 3 towers that connect to main hotel. Alot of walking all day to get any meals or to the pools.
The boardwalk and ocean were right outside the gate, as well as the pool area was terrific-as long as the smokers and cell phone talkers don't drive you nuts!
Would not return here. Way too expensive for the food and drinks and service which was not what it should have been.

1  Thank EasternShoreMom