Spent a weekend there, and enjoyed the new look of the place overall. Service was decent, but not perfect. The best service took place at the pool, where we rented an opium bed for the day, and were waited on hand and foot! The only negatives were that the pool could have been warmer, and we only found one jacuzzi which was packed.
The front desk was polite, but - when we asked for a room change - it took over two hours for them to accomodate us. They need to have more service professionals there based on the size of the facility. There are 4 towers; my advice is to avoid the Versailles and stay in one of the other 3 towers.
Be advised that this is a convention hotel, and not a small, cute locale. It gets packed, including with lots of kids.
As for dining, all of the restaurants are still newly open, and each one that we tried had good points along with some disappointments. I expect these to be cured by years end.
Overall, a funky, yet family friendly place to enjoy both eye candy and decent dining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach