I should start by stating that the Fountainebleau Resort is a beautiful hotel, the proprietors seeming to not have spared any expense when it comes to the aesthetic and tactile elements.
But, that's where my being impressed ended. The service levels did not match the hotel's physicality. They were, at best, mediocre-- from the Front Desk to Housekeeping to Room Service. It was as if no one told the employees they were working in a luxury resort.
Housekeeping was terrible. I checked into a room in which the bathroom was not cleaned at all. The "clean" bathrobes in the closet had visible hairs. It took three days before my room was vacuumed, even after expressing my concern over it on a daily basis. Turndown service took place on only one night of the five that I stayed.
The "Ask Morris" service -- a sort of "one-stop shopping" experience for whenever you have a request/problem -- was beyond ineffective. One of my requests was completely ignored, and a wake-up call was entered incorrectly in their computer system, causing me to lose 45 minutes one morning.
The resort opened only one week before my stay, which may account for why a good number of the staff I encountered seemed to be floundering on common tasks. I would recommend not going to this hotel until after May 2009. Hopefully, by then, they would've worked out many of the kinks, and can therefore be a destination hotel in Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach