I stayed here for five nights with my wife on our holiday to Miami in December 2013, and had a very enjoyable stay.
First things first, the hotel complex is absolutely massive. There are various different towers, a couple of pools, beach access, various restaurants, fitness center, clubs, etc. In short: there is always a lot going on here.
Our room was unfortunately not ocean-view, as there were none available. Nevertheless, the room was spacious and modern, with a lovely bathroom and shower, and a comfortable bed with pillow selection. The rooms were always cleaned well and there was really nothing to complain about. The iMac and wifi worked well also.
2) The Pool/Beach
The pool area was well-maintained, and staff were always on hand to provide information and assist with any requirements, including for food and drinks. Towels were immediately provided, and loungers organized for us.
Our visit to the beach heralded the same results. We were immediately provided with towels and given the option of simple loungers, or a more luxurious canopy. Food and drinks were provided, and of a high standard.
We came here for my birthday dinner, and were very happy with both the service and the quality of the meal. Having visited Hakkasan and HKK in London previously, I was glad to see that this outlet of the brand represented a fair image of the quality and service expected by its patrons. Staff were helpful and eager to give advice on the menu and accompanying beverages and condiments.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The only real negatives I would point out are the extortionate parking fees, and the sometimes slow elevators. I would definitely stay here again, but would point out that the hotel is mainly targeted towards a younger audience (21-40), with poolside DJs, and a lot of nightlife in and around the establishment. Otherwise, perfect distance from the hustle and bustle of SoBe, and a short cab ride from the main attractions in Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach