“Weekend Bleaulive Event - Adam Lambert”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #42 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed December 5, 2013

First time at the legendary Fontainebleau. Was there as a VIP guest for the Adam Lambert show. Every staff member was courteous, above and beyond. I would like to call out Abdel who helped tremendously with a small situation that I encountered that was not the hotel's doing. He was so helpful and courteous - went above and beyond. I believe that all aspects of the show were well handled, including changing venue due to weather. Dined in Scarpetta - excellent food and service! The room itself in Versailles Tower was nice. I would only call out that the first night the towels were rather rough. The towels the 2nd night were better. The pool and bar areas were great! Shopping was fun; good variety onsite of foods and beverages. Had a pedi at the spa and Beatriz did a great job! I would go to the Fontainebleau again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the Adam Lambert show. Abdel and Beatriz will certainly be recognized for their amazing service. We welcome you back for another great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,858)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The entire staff there were over the top great! The place was incredibly clean, the pool beautful. Think they could have used another outdoor hot tub. We were happy with free room upgrade. The gym staff was great!

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deanna G

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy to hear that our team members exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This past weekend I had the pleasure of staying at the Fontainebleau Resort in Miami Beach Florida. It was gorgeous from the moment we arrived till the day we left is was magical. We arrived around 4 in the afternoon and were greeted by valet parking and pointed to the front desk area for check in. As we walked through the lobby we were greeted by so many beautiful sights and helpful employees.

We got checked in and headed to our room to drop of luggage and explore the hotel. Our room was gorgeous and had a ocean front view that was breath taking.

In the room the bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful it even had a phone in it how cool is that. Plus the mini bar was stock with so many goodies it was unreal.

We left our room to go explore the beach and pool area as well get some dinner before heading to see Adam Lambert perform(that post will come later).

While out exploring the beach and pool area Melyssa Rodriguez a very sweet woman who helped make this stay at the hotel possible had a gift delivered to our room. It was a tray of the most delicious chocolate covered strawberries and bread with three kinds of spreads plus a basket of treats that were to die for.

We finally stopped flailing over the beautiful basket and gorgeous view from the room and headed to the meet and greet with Adam then to the show. The show of course was EPIC which I expected nothing less.

When we returned to our room we found our beds turned down with chocolate and bottled water on the night stand for us. It was so amazing we never wanted to leave but at last morning came and we checked out to come home. I have to say this was one of the best stays I've had in a hotel in some time. It really was worth every penny spent we are already making plans to go back in April or May for a mini vacation. Plus we are hoping that the hotel will ask Adam back soon for another performance because not only was our stay amazing but so was Adam.

I have to say that if you are ever in the Miami area and want a beautiful place to stay that makes you feel like royalty then you have to stay at the Fontainebleau. The service was wonderful, staff friendly and helpful, hotel clean and in top condition. Plus everything you need is on site including access to the beach for your kids. This really is the place to stay. think they let me move it. (review can also be found on my blog http://www.everydaylifes.com/)

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony the view in the morning is so worth it
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca B
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to learn of your magical experiences. Melyssa will certainly be recognized for her excellent service. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Adam Lambert BleauLive concert at LIV. We look forward to having you back next year!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed in Chateau great view & bed very comfy. Pool is beautiful view & always busy - get out there early if u want a spot while they r busy. 1st time at FB & I had 2 days to kill b4 work so I had to go to the beach and hang out. I was greated immediately with smiles from: Kenny,Jose S & Edwin- great attitudes and smiles. Kenny & Jose made sure I was happy and they made sure I was smiling. They both even came bk and checked on me. Steven S set my chair up such a happy guy. You have to ask for Pablo- my server and he is so Funny and always made me lol. and great sense of humar. My next day out they all rem me which was amazing. Boucher Brother FB team is "GREAT"! I got my food from Fresh - omg the fish is so fresh. U have to try it yes its pricey but it is worth it. If you go to the beach ask for these guys they r so friendly they make you want to come back and visit. I can't wait to go bk in a couple wk's with fam this time. Jose,Kenny & Edwin u made feel at home. C you soon FB fam!

Room Tip: Chateau room up higher great views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to hear that our team members made your stay more enjoyable. Kenny, Jose, Edwin, Steven and Pablo will all be recognized for their amazing service. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed in the Chateau in a basic room, it was great: free internet, very clean, view of the ocean.

BUT... a few necessities that were missing in the BASIC rooms, and included in the SUITES...there was no corkscrew in our room; if you moved anything from longer than 20s in the mini-bar you were automatically charged, so we couldn't use the fridge for anything; and there was no coffee maker in the room so we were forced to buy the pricey ones in the lobby cafe.

Everything was far too expensive (I know, you cannot stay in a luxury hotel and not expect high prices), but it was over and above any prices I've ever seen. $50 on the beach for two drinks!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your guest room. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband booked us on a one-night getaway at the Fontainebleau. We had a great time, but we had some very positive and some more negative experiences with our stay.

The good:
- The room was really very nice, with clean, spacious bathrooms and great shower. Bed is very comfortable.
- The pools are great, beautiful, BUT very crowded. If you want to be close to a pool you need to reserve a chair at 7am. No joke. There is a kids pool with a little slide for the kiddies, which is nice.
- There are several bars and restaurants which are nice, however none seemed to cater very easily to special needs diets (i.e.: gluten free). We had to bring food from outside the hotel because my husband didn't want to eat just a salad with chicken!
- The pool staff is excellent. Everyone we came across at the pool and beach area was very friendly, helpful, and efficient.
- The location is fantastic. As the hotel is right on the beach, you can go for a long walk on the boardwalk, or a dip in the ocean.

The not so good:
- Our reservation clearly said that we had reserved a room with a king bed. When we arrived and no king beds were available, the staff responded to us in the most rehearsed, cookie-cutter way possible. We felt like we were speaking with robots, not people. Everything is incredibly rehearsed and programmed, there was absolutely no human touch to our check in experience. We were apprehensive about this stay… we were finally switched to an upgraded room by a less cookie-cutter employee. THe room was better, nicer, but full of dust and cardboard pieces. Housekeeping and engineering came immediately and cleaned and took care of the problem very efficiently.
- In our experience, this is a very large, very efficiently run hotel, with very little, if any, personal attention given to guests. Feels more like a conference/business hotel than a vacation property

One more thing:
There is a lot of action going on at this hotel day and night. This is NOT a family hotel! There are some amenities for kids, but I would not recommend this property for families! When you walk into the hotel in the evening or night, you are walking into a nightclub, dimmed lights, many, many people, loud music, a lot of alcohol flowing. Lovely for the Miami nightclub scene, but not a place for kids.
There is loud music, couples all over each other everywhere. Teenagers however will love this!

If we had to, we would stay here again, but it wouldn't be our first choice.

Room Tip: Stay as far as possible from the elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jellypop12

Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us started with an unpleasing check in; although I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wow after spending a billion dollars one would think they be able to deliver " billion dollar " service... ( looks like someone made an extra 700 hundred million on the renovation )

Do not let them try and stick you in the Sorrento tower, as it is literally a quarter mile from the front desk.. And it looks like it has been "mothballed " waiting for an amway convention , there really is not a sign of life in the place, they even have an unmanned desk in the reception area and get this, if you check in early after flying all night they actually make you carry your own bags to your room.

Once there the sheets aren't changed daily unless you ask for them to be and turn down service at night ??? You might as well forget about it.. As long as they get paid for the room and $14.00 for a small bottle of water in the room they must be happy and feel like they have done enough..

Me thinks not...

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the original building the chateau if not pass and go somewhere else... And not on t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied. Your comments will be shared with our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.