The Fountainebleau is a beautiful and historic property, and yet is thoroughly modern. It transforms from a more conservative resort suitable for families and business meetings in the daytime to one of the hottest clubs in Miami Beach at night. There is so much to do, you never have to leave the hotel. From the spa to multiple restaurants, a nice lobby bar, to the beautiful pools and beach, this hotel has it all!
Unfortunately, my recent experience was ruined by poor management of the front desk. I arrived for a business conference only to find that my confirmed room had been given away for the first night due to "unforeseen circumstances". Initially, I was told that it was my fault because I was a "no show". However, I had called reservations to let them know of my situation in advance. Of course, no record of this was available at the front desk. Similar to other reviewers, my experience was that front desk personnel are trained to be friendly and listen to your complaints, but are empowered to do absolutely nothing. If they were overbooked, whey weren't they ready for me with a solution when I arrived? There was nothing done to provide me with any kind of apology or complimentary service as a result of the inconvenience. The front desk had no information and promised me that a supervisor would be in touch. Then nothing, even after repeated inquiries. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that my only interaction with management has been through apologetic e-mails resulting from automated surveys after I returned home. I heard at the conference that a few other attendees had this issue as well.
If everything goes well, you will really enjoy this resort hotel. The spa is outstanding, the food at the restaurants is top notch. Just hope that everything goes smoothly because there is no pathway to get your situation remedied and you will be convinced that management does not care. Until hotel management gets the front desk working at the level of other luxury hotels, my otherwise 5 star hotel rating drops to 2 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach