“Great Property over the top customer service!!”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Rochester, New York
“Great Property over the top customer service!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I rented a 2 bedroom apartment in the Sorrento bldg. The accomidations are wonderful. When we arrived we were trying to make a special quaint dinner for our family as all were arriving from diffrent parts of the us and at diffrent times. However, the kitchen was missing several utensil to make that moment happen. After several attempts through different department to find a way, Mr Roberto Quedes I believe was his name from the Housekeeping department went beyond the call of duty to help me accomplish that memorable dinner with my family. This gentelmen was truly a memorable moment maker!!! You dont find those very often But those are the type of employees that make a customer come back again and again. I will never forget that!! My husband and i travel the world and there are many great places to stay around the world but what truly makes you want to go back is the service rendered during your stay. The front desk gentelman that also checked me in were wonderful and the bell man was great. I love this place and will becoming back again soon!!

Room Tip: beautiful view from the 11th floor in the Sorrento bldg
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Fontainebleau Miami Beach team member, Roberto. He will certainly be praised for his outstanding service .I am delighted to hear of the lovely memories our team members were able to help you create. We remain at your service and look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This review is strictly on the pool! Which is absolutely AMAZING! My girls & I stopped by one afternoon after a great SoBe brunch, and took a dip in the Fontainebleau pool. The layout is gorgeous and the servers kept the drinks coming when we needed them! It's a great spot to chill & relax, so definitely check it out while you're visiting Miami!

ENJOY!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is a pleasure to receive such lovely comments from a senior contributor like yourself. We welcome you back for another amazing experience at our pools!
Tampa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This trip started off great with the valet service as well as checking in at the front desk. We stayed in a condo at the Tresor Tower and the condo was very clean and had great maid service. We found ourselves at the pool and the ocean most of our time and could not get over how well we were treated. Jay Hiciano made our trip so much nicer. He was so professional and friendly and was always there to help us with anything we needed like getting our seats by the pool, getting our towels and drinks. In addition, he was so helpful in recommending places to go eat and shop at while we were in Miami. Jay helped make our trip more memorable and we would definitely come back to the Fontainebleau for another vacation.

Room Tip: We chose to stay in a condo since we would have had to stay in 2 hotel rooms versus staying all toge...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Jay Hiciano will certainly be recognized for his excellent service. We appreciate your kind words and welcome you back!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Fountainebleau is a nice, but by no means spectacular, hotel with above average service. The staff was friendly, willing and courteous and the room comfortable. But at $450 a night ( I believe this is the for cheapest room, the tariff increases from there) plus valet charge, I have been to much nicer and more luxurious hotels across the globe. The place is overrun with 20 and 30 year olds (at least when I was there in mid July), very crowded overall and quite overpriced. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for American (and Brazilian, Cuban, Columbian, Argentinian, Puerto Rican, etc.) youth, but for someone in his mid fifties like myself, I prefer a someone quieter environment. If you don't mind paying over $5 for a cup of coffee or $16 for a very average turkey wrap poolside, standing in long lines just to check in or to get a take out breakfast at Solos, or being packed in like sardines on the chaise lounges by the pool, then this place is for you. And don't dare remove any item from the honor bar fridge for more than 20 seconds... cha ching,cha ching.
The valet service was an utter disaster. My brother in law waited over 45 minutes to retrieve his car in the evening after dinner and I, over 25 minutes after checking out. Furthermore, the hotel is a bit far from South Beach, and in retrospect, the Loews, Ritz or Betsy would have been a better choice as far as location goes.
Having said that, if your are in your 20's or 30's and want to share a room, and cost, with two or three friends then you'll probably have a blast. But as for me, not my cup of tea.

3 Thank Radmart59
Thank you for taking a moment to share your impressions of Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I apologize for your troubles with valet. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
The Midlands
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A fabulous slice of Miami glamour! We were very impressed with our room having booked a family remove with seaview we found ourselves in a Suite! Great for people watching and excellent facilities. This hotel is impressive and I would have loved to have visited in my twenties! That said my teenage daughters loved it and I hope they get to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to learn of your glamorous experience. We welcome you and your family back to create many more fabulous memories!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I been visiting Miami for 30 years and this was the first time i stayed at the Fon Bleau. From Derrick & Kamal at the front desk, to Eddie in security, Rick and Charlie at the Glow beach bar i have never stayed at a hotel that displayed so much professionalism. After some sun on the beach, I realize that i had left my cell phone on a beach towel where my wife and i were tanning. (they are even organized on the beach) The attendants on the beach went through every towel in their section and found my phone in a couple of minutes. Derrick& Kamal,thanks for the room upgrade, the fantastic security officers and all the fine and friendly staff at the Fon Bleau. I found a new home in Miami. B. Sledge

Room Tip: The Versailles Tower provide a view of the beach and downtown Miami
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to recognize Fontainebleau Miami Beach team members. Derrick, Kamal, Eddie, Rick and Charlie will certainly be praised for their professional service. We can not wait to have you and your family back!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When checking in, had great customer service from Athina. She was friendly, focused on helping and identifying acceptable room, classy and professional. Loved the stay at the hotel even in spite of the false fire alarm prank by some kids. The pool area is a gem.

1 Thank Ray06one
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Fontainebleau Miami Beach team member, Athina. She will certainly be praised for her great customer service. We appreciate your kind words and welcome you back!