“Would love to go back!!!”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #43 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Me and my Husband stayed here last November for 4 nights prior to a cruise. We had actually booked a different hotel on Miami Beach but after reading some of the reviews we decided to pay extra and upgrade to the FB and we're glad we did.

Upon arrival we were upgraded to a bigger room with a lovely view of the bay and the room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. During our stay we went to LIV on our first night as it was Halloween and had a great night, would def recommend even though the drinks were a lot more expensive than what we would pay back home in the UK. Bleau Bar was also good for cocktails and people watching,

We ate 2 meals in the hotel, La Vida and Gotham Steak House. Both food and service were excellent and in La Vida the Chef gave us a complimentary dessert.

Pool area was lovely and there was always fresh towels and sun loungers available. We used the gym a couple of times and there was a good choice of equipment.

We had an amazing time and it was a great start to our holiday and we would love to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is great to hear that you had an amazing time last year! We remain at your service and look forward to your return!

Write a ReviewReviews (13,837)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Going to FontaineBleau was one of the best experiences of my life. The service was amazing, someone was always ready to assist us. The room was very luxurious everything was clean, organized, and great. We were on the 37th floor in the Tresor building it was very quiet and the view was unbeatable. The Southside entrance had a valet person who's name was Meir. You couldn't ask for better service from Meir, he was amazing. Meir always had a smile on his face and always asked how our stay has been, what we are doing today, and he would alway laugh with us. When ever we got back from what we were doing he would always walk up to us with a smile and ask how was boating (for example that is one of the things we did while we were there). There were many famous people at FontaineBleau, and there is a reason for that. It was because the service, the rooms, and restaurants are amazing. I didn't have a single bad experience at FontaineBleau and I'm not just saying that.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better the view of course.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted that we were able to provide you with one of the best experiences of your life. Meir will certainly be recognized for his excellent service. We can not wait to have you back!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

What an experience - arriving off Collins avenue we knew we had chosen well, valet parking (never done this before so had to try it out $$) was great, very friendly and welcoming. Check in was a breeze and the key card 'pack' was extremely useful as this is a large hotel!! Beautifully appointed lobby - we stayed in a family suite in the Chateau Tower over looking the ocean - spectacular view from the top floor. The room had everything you would need - a fridge would have been nice though!!
We spent 3 nights, all the places we got food from or eat in the restaurants was suberp, final night at Gotham Steak - the saying 'you get what you pay for' is true (and we paid) but for the experience it was definitely worth it!
The pools were fantastic - all 8 of them, and if you like people watching then this is the place. The beach was excellent as well, just over the board walk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am excited to learn of your fabulous experience. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just got back from Fontainebleau in Miami Beach and the experience was to die for. Everything from the service to the amenities was absolutely perfect. I felt compelled to write a quick note because there was one individual on the staff who was always there to help me and assist me with anything I needed, from directions to hot spots in the city. Fletcher, the valet from the "Main Ramp" is an extraordinary young man and I am glad to have met him. He always made me laugh when I came to get my car and never missed an opportunity to grab a car door. This is important because I did not feel I had to worry about my car while it was there. I honestly have not seen anyone care so much about helping people since the old Vegas days when everybody in the hotel knew your name. I look very forward to returning to Miami and the Fontainebleau. Especially, since I know I will continue to get service from employees like Fletch!

Thank you very much for a lovely time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Fletcher will certainly be recognized for his excellent customer service! I am so excited to read your recommendations. We can not wait to have you back!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Booked a trip in June 2013..taxi from the airport to the FB is a flat-rate of $32. No problems with check-in and room was clean, but small.
Stayed for 2 nights which was good because after two days of expensive taxi rides and overpriced food, you are ready to come home!
The FB is a beautiful, but not child-friendly hotel. There are NO refrigerators, microwaves, or coffee-makers in the rooms, which was dissappointing, seeing how a water will set you back $5-6 dollars. Had lunch one day in FB cafe...$14.00 for a turkey sandwich ( comes with nothing). Forget about breakfast on-site...a bagel is $6.85!!
Great people watching (a little on the adult side for the kids), but trying to find a lounging chair on a Saturday afternoon is next to impossible, walked around for 40 minutes baking in the sun until we finally gave up and shared a chair. Not fun!
The nightclub in the FB was a huge let-down- very crowded, no room to dance and 1 round of drinks for three was over $50.
If a beach vacation is what you're craving, save your money and head to the Gulf where you will spend a lot less and get a lot more.

Room Tip: Specify if you want an ocean-facing room...no late check-outs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our night club, dining, and beach. Your comments will be shared with our team in an effort to better accommodate all of our guests. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am currently staying here and feel this place is extremely overrated! More interested in impressing then servicing the guests. Ordered two drinks on the beach and it came to $43! Went to the bar and the bartenders only poured free drinks for their friends and totally ignored the customers. Just came back from walking the beach and past five staff members not one of them greeted us. Room is tiny and we paid extra for water view, should have brought binoculars. Overrated

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank CoastalKK
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our customer service and your guest room. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The FB was amazing, from the valets that always opened the car door for my wife and waited to hand me my seatbelt to the young man who brought our bags to our room who was polite and friendly. The pool and beach area was fantastic (with an exception of the smokers which as a floridian i was not expecting). There was complimentary fruit water poolside and everything was very clean. The room was great, large with an amazing view, nice tv and imac pc.there was nothing less than 5 stars at this hotel. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the fellow guests. At 4am on 6/13/13 our neighbors in 3-1205 were intoxicated, banging on doors & walls, and fighting in the hallways and in their room. I called the desk, security came, gave them a warning and left. This continued until after 6am keeping my wife and i awake and ruining our final full day of the trip. We were exhausted. I called the desk at least twice and even tweeted the fb for assistance. But security just warned them and left the floor each time. Security should have predicted the continuation of the disorderly behavior based on the level of intoxication and remained on the floor to monitor compliance. I am an executive over 2500 employees in a comparable industry. I have managed security incidents with greater execution, situation awareness and control. At our exit there was no mention of the incident or apology offered. The FB was great, in fact i was just speaking with friends about going back for a long weekend sometime. Im sure this was an isolated incident and was difficult to respond to, but i did expect more enforcement from a guest safety perspective as well as from a customer service/service recovery standpoint. But i guess my money was already spent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that your amazing stay ended with loud neighbors, Your constructive comments will be shared with our team in an effort to become even better. We look forward to your next visit!