No one can ever doubt the initial Wow factor and old school glamour which Fontainebleau provides, but beauty is often only skin deep.
I debated long and hard before booking this hotel, and to be honest if I hadn't found an amazing deal on the Alpha-rooms website I probably wouldn't have ended up there at all.
The hotel is vast, it's on the same scale size wise as the resorts in Vegas or Cancun, so if you are looking for a more intimate hotel and personal service this isn't the place for you.
We arrived around 11am in the morning, our baggage was taken out of the cab and into the storage room by the very delightful Edwin, we then went on to check in. Our check in assistant Sandra was a gem, she was friendly, efficient and knowledgable. Although she couldn't give us all 3 rooms immediately she promised to call us as soon as they became available. 2 of the rooms were available around 1:30 but we had to wait until almost 4 for the final one.
We headed straight to the pool once we had completed check in. Because our room keys had not been issued at that time and despite us being issued with the FB information pack, we had to show security our luggage storage tag before they would give us access to the pool. I understand non guests try to gain access to the pool at the weekend but having to show luggage tags or room keys at 3 separate check points is a bit much. Pool chairs were easy to locate and once you tip the pool boys their entire attitudes change and they are the most helpful, friendly people alive. LOL!
I sat on those beach chairs for close to 3 hours before approached by the bar service staff and was only approached after one of them noticed that i had gotten up and popped to La Cote for cocktails.
The rooms are nice enough, the air conditioning was a bit hit and miss but the overall space was ample enough for my needs. We were based on the 7th floor in the chateau building, the view was amazing but if I ever returned I would pay the extra and get a balcony.
Housekeeping was a little blah, the ironing board was left in the middle of the room and I'm positive that the bathroom floor didn't see the mop for the 4 nights while I was there. I would have been a little upset if my rate had been any higher than it was.
Apart from having lunch at la cote, I didn't actually eat in the hotel. Ihop is a sort cab ride away and snacks can be purchased at Walgreens.
Bottom line is, the property is amazing if you are into the club scene or want to celebrity spot. I saw Neyo, Anthon Ferdinand and Flowrider to name just a few, within the first couple of days The pool parties and Liv at the weekend would have had me sold if I was 15 years younger. But if you require great service and peace and quiet, you will have to go somewhere else to get this.
FYI: make sure you look at the little Bleau booklet given to you at check in, it provides all sort of discounts at the restaurants within the property. We also received an extra 5% off our purchases at Bloomingdales by mentioning we were staying at Fontainebleau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach