“Lots of hype”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the newly renovated pools are spectacular and if you're looking for spending all day at the pool this is the place for you. The only down sides are that the main area of South Beach is a cab ride away and like all other hotels on South Beach, the prices are fairly outrageous. Additionally, probably due to the fact that it was summer, the hotel was fairly over run with kids, which was not a problem for us, but could be if you're looking for more of a grown up feel. Drinks are great and the spa was fabulous, but again at a stiff price. Overall, you will be well taken care of, treated well and lots of "scene" but a fair bit away from the main drag. That being said, there is so much to do, you really don't need to leave.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your generous comments regarding our beautiful property, pools and service at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is particularly satisfying to receive such compliments from a Senior Contributor like yourself. We hope you enjoyed your pre baby trip and we look forward to your return with the entire family!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Fontainebleau is such a beautiful hotel but like many large resorts in size service is paramount in order for the whole experience to shine at a level that meets modern day first class expectations. My experience this last long weekend at the Fontainebleau was falling far short of that expectation with mediocre at best valet & maid services. This included one incident where I returned from golf on Friday & 2 maids were watching TV in my room and then they proceeded to tell me it was not my room, even though my key had just worked in the door ?!?!
That said my anger over the incident (& a not so great first 2 days at the hotel in general) were immediately changed for the better upon entering the SPA. The Spa host George was excellent, knowledgeable about the facility with a welcoming style. When I visited the Spa again over the next few days I was treated like a returning member at a club & not a random person or numbered guest being shuttled through. Unfortunately not all service members at the resort have George’s professionalism, or skill level for service frankly, but in all the Fontainebleau lives up to its reputation as the hot spot it is. --- RJ

Room Tip: Newer towers have bigger rooms
Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry that the great service you received during your spa treatments were accompanied with displeasing valet and room service. Your comments will be shared with our team and George from the Spa will be recognized for his great efforts in customer service. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was there a couple of times for different motif, at different seasons. The hotel is little old fashioned at the front, because it have a lot of history, it was place of some films, concerts, is a lot of history around this nice place. It is so ''salty'' for my normal budget to travel, but is a must if you are coming from far and want to be sure you'll get everything you need in one place. Top notch restaurants, beach view modern gym fully equipped, sweet water and salt water, just steps away from your room, fascinating pools, cozy pool cabanas, first class bars, any drink you imagine is just seconds away from your hands.

The rooms are clean, modern furniture and decoration, great view in every direction at every hour of the day or the night, If you like discotheques there is the most important of the beach by far.
I was at a Tiësto concert, and it was a complete experience, added to everything else just in the same place. there are famous and rich people, average tourist like me, and wild girls during the Disco nights.

Room Tip: Not for elderly people looking for a restful place for stay calm, it is a little bit savage young an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your fantastic recommendation and review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is a great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed our historical beauty as well as all our facilities. We hope to provide you with another unique experience very soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. our flight was delayed and got to the hotel at about 3AM i was so exhausted so Iwas surprised to find such a long line due to the time it was. However, once at the front desk the staff received me with a big smile and warm hello. the young ladies were very patient with me when there was a small issue finding my reservation they seemed like they really cared to make us feel like at home and making our stay wonderful. we stayed in the Tresor tower and we loved it. the rooms are so spacious and the hotel was beautiful overall. we dined at scarpetta and the pasta was beyond delicious. it is true they charge a MANDATORY HOTEL FEE of 19.95 but its worth it because you get to use the gym and beach chairs and other things. the funny thing was the mini bar which was weight censored and at check out i had like 3 things from the mini bar but they removed it from my bill so i was glad. overall my experience was fantastic and i cant wait to go back with my children in August!!

Room Tip: get a room in sorrento!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear that our front desk team members were so accommodating to your party. We strive to provide the best service in the industry and it is very pleasing that we have lived up to your expectations. We look forward to your return this August; don’t forget to check out FB Kids!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Fountainbleu for a girls weekend. We couldn't have picked a better place. We never left the property. From the food to the room to the spa, we were in awe. We absolutely loved it and will return next year!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank JMW48

Thank you for your gracious comments in regards to your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so pleased to hear that you and your friend had such an amazing time! We welcome you back to create many more fabulous memories!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Fontainbleau complex (yes, it is a complex because it's huge with multiple towers) is very nice and even though it has been around and has a lot of history, has been renovated and is still very fresh. Known for the megaclub LIV, many celebrities and wannabes can be seen here, showing off their newest 2 best friends or brazilian butt lift. The restaurants are all very good, especially Hakkasan for dinner or dim sum Sunday, the spa is relaxing and offers a variety of services, and the pool is the prime spot for daytime people watching, relaxing, and sunbathing. I could stay here for at least a few days and not feel the need to leave the complex.

2  Thank Tiffany M

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer including dining, spa, recreation and nightlife. We anticipate your next visit to create many more memories!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would had like to stay at the Fountainbleu for business, but some of the policies are rediculous. I can start off saying it may had been aperfect hotl to stay is it were not for my first night. We arrived late and they only had one room left. The room they gave me stunk of cigar smoke and only had one bed. I ordered in the official reservation 2 rooms. I immediately went to the lobby and spoke with the concierge. He said that the previous individuals would be fined, but there were no extra rooms. I complained about the one bed and gaurantee him the original reservation. He replied that it is there policy not to reserve two bed rooms. I have never heard a hotel that will not gaurantee a room with 2 bed room. I took my business organizer to get another room.

It's too bad, could had been a nice place for business or pleasure - but if that gaurantee a room that doesn.'t stink and has the proper amenities.....please. Also, they have a mini bar that charge from a sensor pad. Accidentally knock over a water, $10 charge. I actually found a $20 charge on my bill even though I we were very careful not com close to the mini bar

Buyer beware.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank worldtraveller198
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear of your guest room and reservation troubles. The mini bar has a 20 second courtesy period before charging the room for the item. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team in an effort to better future experiences. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.