“Great girl's getaway!”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #45 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with friends to celebrate all of us turning 40 this year! We were so impressed with the staff from beginning to end! Not only did they take great care of us, but they were genuinely nice people! While we waiting for everyone to arrive, Charlie at the pool bar was great fun and got the weekend started off on the right foot! Had dinner at Scarpetta that night which was delicious-try the brussel sprouts, and mushroom polenta!! You really don't ever have to leave this hotel with all the great places to eat, places to hang out and people watch, etc!
A special shout out to Sarah and Kendra at the pool for humoring us ladies and helping us decide what drink we should try next, and Bryan for making sure we always had clean towels! When we finally pulled ourselves away from the pool, we went for a walk on the beautiful beach and enjoyed swimming. The color of the ocean was amazing!
We also enjoyed stopping at the 7th Floor pool/hot tub to enjoy the view on the way up to our room.
Have a drink (or many) at the lobby bar, definitely the place to be to watch everyone lining up to get into the nightclub "Liv!"

We were so sad to leave!

There are newer reviews for Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just returned from a girls weekend at fontainebleau and had the most amazing time. We treated ourselves to a beautiful suite that had a gorgeous view!! The suite allowed us to have a gathering place so we could all be together. The 2BR suite was wonderful and had a full kitchen, 3 full bathrooms, 2 pull out sofa's, 2 balconies with an amazing view and lots of space. It even had a washer/dryer! The food was unbelievable, the pool was beautiful, fun, and relaxing, the beach was gorgeous and the water was perfect, the bars were fun and VERY entertaining! The service was unbelievable!!! The staff was EVERYWHERE and no matter where we were, the staff always greeted us with a smile and they went above and beyond to make our stay special. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and always helpful. I have never been to a hotel that had a nicer staff!! They made us feel special the entire weekend. Thanks fontainebleau for making our girls reunion so special!!! This hotel has everything! If you don't want to you NEVER have to leave!!!

2  Thank arianenicholson
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed in the Fountainebleau for one night for my birthday in an oceanfront balcony room. My entire experience, from the amenities to the entire staff, was terrific. Eli Kostbar, one of the hotel's managers, was so helpful and was a delight to work with. I will definitely be staying here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone who asked.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and friends went to the Fountainebleau to celebrate my birthday at the beginning of February. Once we checked into our beautiful room overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, we changed into our bathing suits and went out to the pool. The sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky. With the help of John Riccardo, the Director of Signature Dining, who suggested the Fountainebleau to us, we reserved a "bed" at the pool for the day. The staff at the pool could not have been more accommodating or more friendly. When we asked them if they could move the bed around so that we could face the sun, they gladly helped us without hesitation. We had lunch overlooking the ocean at La Cote and the food was fantastic and so fresh. The staff at the restaurant was also very accommodating. We laid outside and relaxed at the beautiful pool for the rest of the day. For dinner, we ate at Hakkasan. We could not have asked for better service, better food, or a better atmosphere. The music and energy in the restaurant were great and every dish we ordered was better than the next. It was perfect! After dinner, we went down to the Bleau Bar, had some drinks, and watched the scene. The nightlife was buzzing! The music was great, the people were great, and the night was definitely great! It was a great ending to my wonderful birthday celebration! Thanks John Riccardo, for if it wasn't for you, my friends, my family, and I would not have gone to the Fountainebleau and had such a wonderful experience. We will definitely be coming back in the near future!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, no question about it. The pool and beach areas are fantastic. The restaurants are very good. I had a 1-bedroom suite which was fabulous, but definitely on the pricey side. This is definitely the place for the "beautiful people" to be seen, so if you're planning on taking advantage of the night life here, bring your flashiest stuff and enjoy the scenery! What really made this place for me was the incredibly helpful staff. When I arrived, I was confused about how to get to my room (this place is HUGE) and when I stopped to ask directions an employee of the Solo coffee shop, David G., actually took me to my room and helped me with my luggage. Samuel and Jenny, the Group Reservations Coordinator, could not have been nicer about helping me get my room rate straightened out. All around, it was the employees who made this a great experience.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade on check-in. These folks aim to please, and if they have the room available, the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DakotaLady
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel is too big for my taste. I typically save 5 stars for superb, more intinate hotels where perfection is the order of the day.

But "big" here offers too much good to penalize.

Incredible restaurants. A superb pool scene. Extraordinary beach. A hotel with history and notable design. Renovations that have the hotel in very good shape with nice rooms.

As big as it is, the service is quite up to par. In fact, I took the card of the person at reception who was extremely helpful to me when I checked in around 10 pm on Wednesday, February 6. But, drat, I seemed to have lost his card. I had wanted to compliment him here. I hope management will pursue this and find and reward him.

The hotel is expensive and big. But it's also fine and memorable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

First of all... I LOVE Miami and have never been disappointed. I was really excited to go to the Fontainebleau and was thrilled about my room upgrade and prime oceanfront location in the Sorrento Tower. The room was amazing, the grounds were clean, abd beach and pool area were fabulous. I read the hotel was expensive so I expected $18 drinks. ($13 for a bag of potato chips and $10 for water in your room is over the top - even for this hotel). As many other reviewers wrote, the service definitely needs improvement. Compared to what I am used to at the Lowes, the Fontainebleau didn't even come close. Bartenders threw together your drinks and pool staff stood around chatting and weren't checking if people needed anything as much as they should have. Honestly, the best and most hospitable were the security guards checking for your room key going into the Sorrento Tower and to and from the beach. What really bothered me was that the hotel serves ALL of their poolside meals in these large plastic containers with a lid that are approx. 12" x 8". Every single one of these are thrown away in the regular garbage and there was not one single recycle bin on the grounds. I'm not a "tree hugger', Green Peace activist or anything like that, but the fact that thousands of these containers are ending up in the regular garbage every week is purely irresponsible for a hotel of that size. There are many other options available that could save the hotel money and be more eco friendly - who knows, maybe their drinks could even drop then from $18 to $16?

Room Tip: Sorrento Tower and Tresor Tower are the newer buildings and have balconies.