“Party, Party and More Party” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #41 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Farmington, Connecticut
“Party, Party and More Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have to say I have stayed in South Beach a half dozen times and prefer The Loew's Hotel but we were offered a special rate at The Fountainbleau through my business so my husband and friends decided we would try it for a 4 night stay in February. Let me be clear that this is a place for singles and couples primarily who want to dress up at night, go to the nightclub and spend a ton of money on drinks and food. I felt like the hotel was a giant nightclub. I also felt like the hotel was too big for a relaxing vacation. The pool was big and very noisy...i.e. they played loud music all day and honestly, while walking and running along the boardwalk every day, I heard music coming from other hotel pool areas that was contemporary and soothing. It was hard to read, nap and just enjoy talking with friends over the noise. The best way to get around it was to walk across the boardwalk to the beach which was beautiful and quiet even with many hotel guests. The staff at the pools and beach were really friendly and always asked where we were from, how they could help and were quick to get us whatever we wanted. The front desk help were courteous as well as the housekeeping staff. We did get upgraded twice, once from an ocean view room to an ocean view Junior Suite in Tresor when we checked in, their newest building which was beautiful. They upgraded us again to an even larger suite the third night as there was a water problem in the neighboring room which needed maintenance. None of the moves were of any additional cost to us which was very nice. The pros about the hotel were the beach, the Tresor accommodations and the night life if that is what you are looking for. The nightclub was packed like no other but bring your short tight dress and stilettos if that's your gig! The cons to me were too big of a property, too noisy at the pool mostly beacuse of the constant loud music, exorbitant prices for food and drinks at the hotel ($60 for breakfast for 2, $17 mixed drinks at the pool) and not very accessible to shopping areas. This is not to say that I wouldn't recommend this hotel to young singles and couples looking for fun and nightlife, it just isn't a place that my friends and I would return to as we prefer some peace and quiet and a relaxing atmosphere, something that is definitely offered at other hotels in the area. This is the supreme party place in South Beach, make no mistake!

Room Tip: Ask for the Tresor Tower which is new with beautiful views of the Ocean. Get a room with a balcony s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,215)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've hosted a few dinners and meetings at the Fontainebleau; the restaurants are great, and so is the service! The rooms are very comfortable, and the Events staff is fantastic as well. The property is so large, they are able to accomodate almost any size of group! They accomodated a small group for us for 20 attendees and treated us like we were the only group in house.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have never experienced such a delight as Anna Hoyos, She was very attentive, accomodating and a pleasure to work with!! She made our stay that much better and we will definately be returning soon!! Looking forward to meeting again and spending another awesome weekend!!! Also the manager at Scarpetta Garrett Rubinstein was "outstanding"!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rox0922
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the review below entitled "ups and downs." That reviewer hit it right on the
nose. Is the hotel gorgeous - oh yes! Do you pay for that - oh yes again. The drinks and food are outrageously priced. Watch out for the 18% service charge tacked onto every bill, even if it cafeteria style. The staff will not correct you if you don't see the existing sevice charge or forget. Never again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Elaine155019
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've been here two times, both times had very good experience. The location is great, I love the decoration, very trendy and elegant, luxurious!! My suit was beautiful, lots of space and a nice jacuzzi. The bed was the most confortable i've slept in a hotel. The pool, omg the pool.... wish i was there rigth now. I love this place, wish I could go back every year. It is pricey, but it's worth every single penny.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I thought my room was a little tired, definitely not 5 star. The wifi seemed intermittent and I kept losing the signal. Hotel shops are definitely on the expensive side and there are no shops outside the hotel for them to compete with.
The thing that bugged me was the 11.00am check out. The hotel was busy as there was a conference on so I could sympathize with them not extending my checkout but when I asked if there was anywhere I could change clothes later they said I could change at the Spa and then said that would cost $35! I thought that was really cheeky as lots of hotels will let you change in there Spa for free.
Also why is it that expensive hotels charge for wifi and cheaper ones give it for free!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Bezi
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Fontainebleau in October 2012 for my birthday. I booked my room through VRBO and got my rooms at 1/2 price. When I went to check-in, the staff was extremely snooty, unfriendly, and unhelpful. They made me feel like I didn't belong there. I was told that I had to provide a credit card for each room, which would each be charged something like $600 for a deposit per room. I was told I would get the money back at the end of my stay, but I don't own a credit card and didn't bring one. I was caught by surprise because the owner didn't tell me anything about this. I tried contacting the owner but she was very rude and acted as if she had no idea about this policy. The only person who made the check-in process a pleasant experience was Clara Pantin, directer of owner's services. She was so sweet, helpful and kind. I was almost to the point of tears until I met her! She ended up knocking down the amount of the deposits, as well as a few other discounts, and gave me and all my friends spa passes. She set the tone for the weekend, and I'm so grateful for her.

As far the the hotel, it's absolutely gorgeous. Rooms were amazing. The pool was my favorite part. We spent almost an entire day at the pool by Arkadia, and we all felt like we were in a music video. It didn't feel real! There is also a boardwalk that leads right out the the beach, which is gorgeous. The restaurants were great, we ate at Scarpetta, which was obviously very expensive as everything in the hotel was, but absolutely delicious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends