I have to say I have stayed in South Beach a half dozen times and prefer The Loew's Hotel but we were offered a special rate at The Fountainbleau through my business so my husband and friends decided we would try it for a 4 night stay in February. Let me be clear that this is a place for singles and couples primarily who want to dress up at night, go to the nightclub and spend a ton of money on drinks and food. I felt like the hotel was a giant nightclub. I also felt like the hotel was too big for a relaxing vacation. The pool was big and very noisy...i.e. they played loud music all day and honestly, while walking and running along the boardwalk every day, I heard music coming from other hotel pool areas that was contemporary and soothing. It was hard to read, nap and just enjoy talking with friends over the noise. The best way to get around it was to walk across the boardwalk to the beach which was beautiful and quiet even with many hotel guests. The staff at the pools and beach were really friendly and always asked where we were from, how they could help and were quick to get us whatever we wanted. The front desk help were courteous as well as the housekeeping staff. We did get upgraded twice, once from an ocean view room to an ocean view Junior Suite in Tresor when we checked in, their newest building which was beautiful. They upgraded us again to an even larger suite the third night as there was a water problem in the neighboring room which needed maintenance. None of the moves were of any additional cost to us which was very nice. The pros about the hotel were the beach, the Tresor accommodations and the night life if that is what you are looking for. The nightclub was packed like no other but bring your short tight dress and stilettos if that's your gig! The cons to me were too big of a property, too noisy at the pool mostly beacuse of the constant loud music, exorbitant prices for food and drinks at the hotel ($60 for breakfast for 2, $17 mixed drinks at the pool) and not very accessible to shopping areas. This is not to say that I wouldn't recommend this hotel to young singles and couples looking for fun and nightlife, it just isn't a place that my friends and I would return to as we prefer some peace and quiet and a relaxing atmosphere, something that is definitely offered at other hotels in the area. This is the supreme party place in South Beach, make no mistake!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach