The last time I stayed at the Fontainebleau was in 1986. I have to say that the hotel (fortunately) has changed since then,,,! We (family with 3 children) stayed here for 4 nights in December 2012, in a family suite in the Tresor Tower. A very large suite (with an Imac at disposal) with a similarly large separate bedroom, a fully functional kitchen, large bathroom and a nice balcony with a southbound view of the beach and Collins Avenue.
This giant hotel (1600 rooms) just has everything. From the largest (and best) pool area at Miami Beach (with several poolside bars) to great (but pricy) restaurants. Service is good everywhere from check in to the staff at the pools and the beach and to checkout.
The location is OK, if you want to get just a bit away from the buzz of South Beach, whic can be reached by cab in 10 minutes.
All in all - A pricy but close to perfect hotel for familys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach