We were invited to spend the day at the Fontainbleau in Miami Beach as guests of someone who is staying there for the week. Our experience is limited to the pool and spa and I hope at some stage we will be able to stay here for longer.
The hotel is a luxurious resort which spans Collins to the Beach. It is smart, not particularly Miami South Beachy if you know what I mean but has a designer international opulence. It is almost like a Vegas hotel at the beach, kind of self contained.
The pool area is great, the food by the pool is pretty good, the Jacuzzi is not overhot.
We tried the Spa and it was pretty amazing, the best part of the day, particularly the mineral batch and the marble table on which you lay for a 10 minute tropical rain shower of massage jets. Pretty wow.....
The only down side is the pool security which is in your face and intrusive, the extortionate guest fees for everything but lets face it the people who stay here are not short of a bob or two!
So we are looking forward to a return visit sometime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach