“Great time at the Fontainbleau”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, Canada
“Great time at the Fontainbleau”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Fontainebleau. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The pool area and beach are fantastic. The service is outstanding. This is a hotel for people that want to enjoy life. The restaurants are great as well. Everything in the hotel is very expensive though and most everything has a 18% service charge (tip) so be careful when you sign the bill. The lobby bar at night is very fun and the nightclubs are fantastic but not worth the $100 cover charge. The hotel has celebrities walking around if you are a autograph seeker. I was at the hotel for a conference and they did everything extremely well, even the food which is tough for a group of 800. There is not much around the hotel so you'll need to cab to any shopping or restaurants. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. I did not use the spa but heard amazing things about it but I can say the gym is outstanding when compared to other hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The resort staff are very friendly and quick to try and please but this is a big, expensive resort that knows how to charge for the little things. $9 coffee, $36 valet parking, $18 for a resort fee. And whatever you do, don't make any long distance calls from your room. The costs are many times in excess of whatever I've paid in any other resort.
The positives include the pool staff who are quick to assist you and ready to help at any time and everything is kept very clean. The rooms are not large and offer limited drawer space. I could have done without the honor bar in favor of a fridge that I could have used for my beverages.
Otherwise, it is a nice place, a little big and a little overpriced.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2012

There are other hotels in Miami with the best prices, services and locations.
My client asked me to make a reservation at the Fontainebleau in October of 2012.
I informed him about the problems I had and never got response Mr.Orlando or anyone else. For this, I wrote this review again. I made a reservation for my client and when he returned, he confirmed having the same problems described below. Plus, he requested a service room that also took 3 hours. What occurs ... Fontainebleau does not have enough employees to meet 1600 accommodation rooms!
Bellow the email without any responses from Fontainebleau

Arrival Date: 05/16/2009 Departure Date: 05/21/2009
Assigned Hotel: Fontainebleau Resort
Confirmation Number: 3218303.
Dear Mr. Orlando,
I would like to share with you some of the experience I had during my stay at your hotel.
1) The room I stayed in ( maybe 656 ) had a hallway shared with two other rooms. To get thru the hallway door I had to use my room key. I had problems getting thru thus door 3 out of the 5 days of my stay. Could not get into the room and had to go downstairs
every time and change the key. Very annoying when you are tired
of the end of the day.
2) Mini-bar. When I first arrive in the room, realized the mini-bar door was locked. Called downstairs and requested someone to open it. Next day did the same! It was never opened
3) On May 19, towels were not changed. At 5.00 PM I wanted to take a shower with clean and dry towels. Called downstairs and requested. By the time, towels arrived I was already leaving the room. It took more than half hour to arrive!
4) Valet parking. The day I was leaving ( after check out ) I called valet for my car. Since I was not in a hurry I asked the lady when the car would be ready at the entrance for me.
And that's what I did. Went downstairs at the time she told me. Unfortunately, the car was not there and I waited about 25 minutes for the car to arrive, worst specially when you pay US$ 32.00 more tips per day for the service. The way I see it, these problems above should not happen in a 5 stars hotel. Those comments intended to be constructive.
I not to be comfortable to indicate your hotel to my friends thinking they may experience the same.
Your comments are welcome.
Best regards.
The hotel does not give me any excuses or comments.
They do not care about my complains and concerns.
Take care. Choose other hotel close Lincoln Road Miami Beach
like Loews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travelling_Agt
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great and Beautiful Hotel! Our second time within a year and the experience was even better.

The staff is very caring and personable. At the Solo Merlande, Julio, and Majorie were very friendly and cheerful, Marcella did a fantastic deep tissue massage and the spa amenities is worth going for a couple of hours, out at the pools the personnel service and attention by Kiara was very refreshing, and the La COTE restaurant Alejandra was on top of everything, plus the Gotham Steak Restaurant was outstanding; the dinner, wines, and desserts were very good and the attentive waiter, Pablo, made it an enjoyable dinner.

Already planning our next trip.

Room Tip: Worth paying hte upgarde for a balcony, just to sit out during the day and night to look at the ocea...
2 Thank George H
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my second time to the Fontainebleau and it was even better than before. This classic hotel has been completely remodeled and is absolutely beautiful. It is a close taxi or walk away from the nightlife of South Beach and sits right on the water. The boardwalk along the hotel is amazing. Make sure to ask for an upper level room with a view because the views are incredible!! Great place for vacation or business meetings. I have done both.

Room Tip: Ask for a view and an upper level. They will try to accomodate.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Despite having travelled to Miami/South Beach several times this was our first stay at the Fontainebleau and in fact our first stay north of 19th street /South Beach, we were not disappointed. The Fontainebleau is a resort- with multiple hotel towers, restaurants, pools, and a beach. You don't need to leave the resort your entire stay if you don't want to! A resort fee is charged to cover chairs, towels and our room had an iMac computer with free internet included.

The front desk staff/check in process was great. We had a quick check in.

The room: We were upgraded to a suite in the Sorrento tower- and got a very spacious suite with kitchenette. The view was spectacular from an oversized terrace. The bathrooms were spacious as well. The Sorrento was a walk from the pool area but was quieter and had an ocean view.

The food:We had a great meal at Hakassan. Had dinner at Blade Sushi- which had amazing sushi! Breakfast was good and reasonably priced for a resort. Pool side service for drinks were pricey - but they served great Watermelon mojitos. We found it was also a very short cab ride to South Beach to go out in the evening. Trendy scene in lobby of hotel at night with club (Liv) /bars available.

The pool area was spacious- despite a very crowded weekend- There was no struggle to find chairs to lay out by the pool but it was at times hard to track down staff for towels, etc. The beach area was great- had chairs/towels/umbrellas etc set up for you- the beach is narrower than the typical beach area in South Beach but still good!

The gym: was one of the most top of the line gyms that I have been to. The boardwalk at the back end of the hotel by the beach- goes all the way down to 14 Street- which made for great morning runs! My friends used the spa which was great as well.

Overall, a great weekend away with friends- Would return!

Room Tip: Stay in Sorrento Tower- Although a walk from the pool the rooms and tower were quiet, had a kitchene...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We recently attended a Conference at The Fontainebleau and had the pleasure of spending four nights there. Everything about the place is first class. The staff all recognize that they are in a service industry, and the service we got was fantastic. The resort itself is very large but we found it easy to find our way around. As we were at a conference, all meals were provided. Breakfast was excellent each morning. We only had one dinner there as part of our conference, but it also was fantastic. The Resort is Five Star, and comes with Five Star pricing, so don't expect an economical holiday. But, everyone should treat themselves once in a while. WiFi and wired Internet service was readily available throughout the hotel and we had no difficulty in connecting. If you want to be pampered, this is the place.

When we were checking in, the clerk that looked after us saw that the room we had been assigned was on a lower level, and said that we might be bothered by noise from the Night Club, and she offered us a higher level room without asking.

Room Tip: Don't get a lower level room as noise from the Night Clubs can be a little overpowering.