“Amazing Zane”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #46 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Amazing Zane”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Went to Vida for lunch and found the place extremely packed. I reluctantly sat at the sushi bar and immediately thought I was in for horrible service. The waiter Zane orchestrated the chaos of the sushi area with amazing grace making it all look so easy. He took a notice to what I can imagine was a pissed off look on my face because of my wait. I was told it would be atleast 20-45 minutes to get my food. He refilled my drink and inquired about my order then whispered something to the sushi chef. Before I knew it I had my food! It was evident that he genuinely cared about my visit as he continuously checked on me through out my stay. Although he wasn't my waiter he took care of me better then the one who was. The food was awesome and the service was absolutely outstanding! Thanks Zane!!!!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The service at Fontainebleau is second to none. If you drive there, you may see Carlos Mena at the Valet station. He is absolutely wonderful and beyond helpful. So is Renald LaPierre - they both provide fabulous service and are wonderful people. They are always willing to go the extra mile. As the owner of a business, I was setting up for a trade show. Carlos was willing to trek across the entire property with ALL of my gear!
At check-in, Candace Carman was very informative and friendly.
I would definitely go back anytime.

Room Tip: If you check in late on a Friday, and there is a convention occuring (usually is) you may just get a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Me and my wife visited to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. From the Bellman Jerry assisting us beyond his duties with his friendly attitude and great service to our front desk agent Katlin which made us feel like if we where home. The hotel is great, the room was very modern and most of all clean and with great views to the ocean and bay, thanks Malik for recomending such room!!! it was what we wanted, and our celebratrion could not be more romantic than what it was. Everything around the premises was beautifull, from the lobby to the pool areas, and not to mention Arkadia where we had a Blast, I will definetly go back on other times!!!

Room Tip: Ocean front or Ocean view they are great!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Brought my team in for a board meeting and decided to stay over for this weekend. I must say that the resort is quite big and spread out over 20+ acres I am guessing. The constant remodeling over the years keeps it looking fresh. Rooms are of a Four Seasons Quality as is housekeeping. Grounds are well maintained. However,It is extremely pricey for what you can experience elsewhere however.
My surprise is that they constantly remind you that everything is extra. Want a beach chair ? They check your key to see if you are entitled to one based on your room rate. Want an umbrella ? $ 20 bucks; want ANYTHING to eat or drink ? Automatic 20 percent added to bill regardless of service level. Since they get the 20 percent service levels vary greatly by server. Lots more examples ....but then it starts to feel like a Spirit airlines merged with Four Seasons after a while.

Room Tip: Be sure you are clear as to WHAT you are getting , ocean view vs Ocean front, someone's timeshar...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cpate001
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Our property is on 22 acres, making it the largest resort on the Eastern seaboard of the United States. I appreciate learning of your honest and constructive feedback, and I apologize if you felt as if though my team was constantly trying to advise you of extra fees. We do our best to be transparent and clear with our guests with all of our policies and pricing, as we know how frustrating it can be to have surprise charges at the end of your stay. Please note that our pricing is in-line with all luxury hotels on Miami Beach and that the service charge is very common on South Beach as well. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we provide exceptional value to our Guests.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2012

great hotel, great staff especially the manager David and Eli they are there to please. Pool can be busy but the beach is right there.Rooms come with Mac computer and great munchie bar if you need it. Water pressure in the shower is the best I have seen the gym is grand the spa is over the top. What can I tell you its worth the price.

Room Tip: call ahead talk to the hotel staff see what's available
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2012

i was just here for a long weekend. the rooms were nice but small. the service was great at the pool area, and we loved hanging out by the pool for 3 days...everything is ridiculously expensive, $17 for a kettle and club is absurd! also noone tells you that gratuity of 18% is included in every bill- that is not nice at all... also, trying to get a quick drink in the lobby is impossible as the service is terribly slow...oh the gift shop was ridiculous too-$265 for a dress shirt???, no thanks I will pass.
the gym- was awesome, with views of the ocean and pool area...

this place is way overated and not worth the extra coin to stay here. plenty of other better choices in south beach at much lower prices, and much closer to ocean blvd, espaniola way etc( good places to go out at night)

no way I will come back to this place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tscarr11
Thank you for posting a review of your experience. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our service at the pool and our gym, and I will ensure that our Pool team is recognized accordingly. I am very sorry if you found that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. Although there are many choices on Miami Beach, none will be able to offer the wide array of amenities and food options as Fontainebleau. As for pricing, you will find that other luxury properties on Miami Beach are in-line with Fontainebleau. I hope to have another opportunity to change that perception around.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed here for a business conference and it was fantastic! I was with some co-workers from New York and New Jersey and we had a blast! At first we were somewhat lost, not really knowing where to go and what to do in our off time. We first wanted to know where the good places were to get a drink and some dinner and really enjoy being in South Beach. After asking around for a while, we finally ran into the VIP and concierge manager, a Ms. Eti Itah. She gave us a tour of the hotel and gave us a thorough description of the nightlife in the area. She was outstanding! Knowing where all the hot spots were, we turned a business week into the time of our life! I highly recommend the Fontainebleau Hotel and if you want to find out where to go and what to do to enjoy your experience to the fullest, I suggest you ask for Eti at the concierge desk. She will direct you the right way to the ultimate South Beach experience! I can't forget the views, watching the sunrise over the ocean was just magical! I can't wait for our next conference down there, much needed after the big storm we just encountered. Club Liv was ridiculous, best club I been too! The Arkadia pool was just as great! I may take the fam there very soon to get them away for a while and forget about what Sandy left behind! Do it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business