The Hotel has a long and illustrious history and a Billion Dollars was spent refurbishing and extending it just two or three years ago. At first arrival you are impressed with the number of porters and parking attendants making order out of a great deal of traffic, somehow the parking/drop off area seems too small for the size of the Hotel which went from two towers to four in the refurb.
We were over half an hour in the line at reception which didn't impress me, we had booked a suite but were left to find our own way to it and work out the room for ourselves which I did not rate as five star service. That being said the suite itself was beautiful, spacious and well furnished, with a very comfortable bed.
The standard of room cleaning during our 5 day stay left a lot to be desired.
Our room was 150 yards from the lift and it was another 150 yards to Reception and a further 150 yards to the pool so you got plenty exercise. there were several pools dotted around the property with a seperate one dedicated for children, however you had to go to the beach to get any peace and quiet because the main pools [and the main lobby bar] had loud house music playing all the time and you couldn't really have a quiet conversation. Beach Beds free but sunshades were $25.
The front of house staff to a person were everything that you would expect and there was a very high level of security about the place.
This review may sound negative but I don't really mean it to be. We really enjoyed our stay at the Fontainebleau, but at those prices we were looking for perfection which it wasn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach