“Wow” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New Hampshire
“Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years. It has been consistently good. This is my first visit since the most recent renovation a couple of years ago. The hotel is beautiful and EXPANSIVE. This time I stayed in new tower. Room was large with nice balcony , microwave, refrigerator, flat screen Tv with good size bathroom.
The workout center has plenty of equipment with view of pool and ocean. Multiple pools with main pool as large as inland sea. Only knock is location which in mid 40s is somewhat out of the way for south beach action. Oh yes, valet service for car VERY slow.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,192)
  • Turkish first
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the last couple years. I am usually here every 3-4 months. Its normal for a hotel to have staff turnover and your personal experience can change from time to time.
I was again delighted with the top notch service by the staff @ this hotel. They live up to their 5star rating.

1St thank you to Stefanie Silverman for arranging my trip and making sure everything went smoothly. I truly appreciate all your help. Thank you to Alfredo Morles for greeting us when we arrived and making sure we have had everything we needed. This was a short 3 night 4 day trip. Most of out time was spent @ the pool. HUGE thank you to David & the rest of the pool staff. He always goes above & beyond & takes care of us makes sure we have everything we need. Thank you Christina one our favorite past pool staff waitress whom we were lucky enough to have again. She is so personable & charming. 50% of the reason I love this hotel so much is the pool area & the pool staff! Thank you again Fontainebleau staff for a fabulous long weekend. See you again in 4 months!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ and get a ocean front balcony. It is so worth the extra $. If you are traveling wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My Group went to Miami to do a 70.3 Triathlon. We stayed at the Fontainebleau because the other hotel we originally booked was going through major renovations (jack hammers on the balcony at 8am-6pm, The Perrry Hotel) ...So we decided to move 10 people to The Fontainebleau. This Hotel was amazing! Gotham Steak House was superb, the Lobby was breathtaking and the service was impeccable. We all had Junior Suites facing the ocean in the Sorrento Tower. I loved that we had a small fridge with an ice maker, microwave, dishes, etc. The beds were very comfortable. It is pricey at $750 per nite!

Room Tip: Junior Suite in the Serrento Tower 3-1212 was perfect because it was oceanfront!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a conference at the Fountainbleau and my wife joined me, so we could extend the trip and enjoy a little vacation. The property was fantastic. Whoever is in charge of hiring and training does a fantastic job. Everyone was friendly, nice and engaging. A very special thanks goes to our waiter at La Cote - Fermin - he is terrific and his description of the dishes will make you want to order each one.

For those on a budget, the food and drink prices can add us in a hurry, but it does not have to be that way. For instance, La Cote is the outdoor restaurant near the pool bar, open for dinner Thursday through Saturday, and the prices are average, while the food is far above average (it was excellent - go for the lobster thermadore, their signature dish). At the resort, you can get everything from a pizza or sandwich to a truffle-laced appetizer. The wine list is extensive and, although it has many bottles in exess of $1,000, there also are excellent wines for less than $100. With 8 restaurants on the property, it is easy to find several that meet your taste (as well as your budget).

The people watching is "off the hook." If you are offended by the idea of high heels and short skirts, then you do not want to go there, as that seems to be the standard issue for guests and visitors. Of course, that is also the standard issue for all of Miami Beach, so you may want to hit Orlando instead.

We will be back. We travel alot and have been to many places, and Fountainbleau is now on our list for a return trip (but, next time, just a vacation so we have more time to enjoy it, without a pesky conference getting in the way).

See you by the one of the many pools! Cheers.

Room Tip: We were in the Serento Tower, with an ocean view and a king bed. I think I would like to try a room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

You'll have a fantastic time for several days at the Fontainebleau and you won't even have to leave the property. Try all the restaurants. Scarpella was our favorite. My only complaint was that the lovely quiet bars at the three main dinner restaurants did not open earlier. At 5pm the only bar option was the beautiful but noisy Bleau Bar.

Room Tip: get a view of the ocean with a balcony...that is why you are there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
new orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am hot and cold with regard to this hotel. First of all, let me praise the staff. Very friendly, nice looking, immaculate appearance, and ready to please. This includes the concierge and the bellmen. The lobby is a bit on the tacky side with pink neon lights but the marble floors are magnificent. Also, I found the environment to be spotlessly clean. My room was perfectly cheery with a comfortable bed and a wonderful view of the ocean. It was the most fabulous way to wake up in the mornings-overlooking the blue ocean with crisp white cotton sheets. The bathroom was shower only and was tiny. I like soaking in a tub after the beach but oh well.
I think the best part of the hotel is the pool and beach area. Magnificent. Elegantly maintained tropical foliage surrounds the pool and there is always someone to take a drink order or set up your chair. I thought to myself, there BETTER be someone here as it costs 30 dollars extra per day to use the pool and have a chair.
The negative part for me was the price. Even our corporate conference rate was pricy but 20 dollar cups of sangria? C'mon! 8 dollar bottles of water? The worst part was that the hotel is too far from all the sidewalk places in Southbeach. It took about 10 to 15 minutes to walk to the nearest place to get some diet coke or bottles of water. I started refusing to get drinks at the hotel. One day, I had to do some work from the room and reluctantly ordered a club sandwich by room service. Thank you 30 dollar check. I wish I were rich enough to stay here!
So, all in all, I would stay here only if I were back there for a conference. I think people loved the place more than I did because they did not want to leave. It is very self-contained and if you have the money, you don't have to leave the property. Food was pretty good and VERY HIGH marks to go the restaurant Hakasan. Fabulous food and really wonderful views. The lobby bar at 2:00 am was hopping. If you like that sort of thing, it's great for partying. But, despite the party atmosphere, the rooms were fabulously quiet and the beds very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Fontainebleau Resort has a longstanding reputation as one of the best in the country. This was not my experience during a recent stay at the resort. The facilities are gorgeous, but there are several issues with service throughout the organization. In particular, I found that while some of the food was exceptional, other restaurants were overpriced and bland. The valet service was atrocious and failed to deliver my car on several occasions despite calls.

I have stayed at numerous high end facilities over the years, and I recognize and commend quality when I see it. In my opinion, with my recent stay in mind, the Fontainebleau did not meet my expectations at all...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Ron, Thank you very much for your review. I apologize on behalf of my entire team if your experience did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. Our entire Team of 2,300 works diligently to produce an exceptional guest experience and I am sorry we were unable to do that for you. We have reviewed your comments with the team in order to improve our products and services. I hope to have the opportunity to host you at Fontainebleau again in the future to change that perception around.