“South Beach experience” 4 of 5 stars

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #40 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“South Beach experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Miami native, we stayed here for a bachelorette party. We always choose this hotel for parties and when we want to go out. Typical South Beach chic hotel, great pool vibe, more of a younger crowd. Room service food isn't very good, but the hotel restaurants are terrific. Overall if you are looking for a south beach vibe, definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,189)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in a suite and I loved it! This hotel was perfect for me and my BFF (Diamond Divas) It was everything we needed for a perfect weekend. The food in the hotel was pretty good and the staff was GREAT!!! The furniture needs an upgrade but overall I was pleased. I stayed at the Eden Roc a week prior and there is no comparison! (The Eden Roc was awful!) The bathroom reminded me of home and I was able to spread out and comfortably apply my makeup :-) We went the infamous LIV and it wasn't all that. I got a table just because and it was totally not worth it ($1500) Each time I visit Miami from now on, I will be sure to stay at the Fontainbleau! I had a better time at Cameo. Great hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Savannah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Absolute slice of heaven. Caters to the "hip" crowd. Pristeen facility! Allow a bit of time to orient to the facility - its huge! Front desk staff was super friendly, housekeeping virtually out of sight. Interesting amenities. Has something to offer everyone.

Room Tip: Request the Sorento tower!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Fontainebleau is my favorite hotel in the world. I visited a year ago on a business trip, and I promised myself that next year (2012) I would to back to have fun and relax. I love the computer in the room.They make everything so easy. A gym is a must for me, and the gym is far superior to what I have at home. There is a particular stair machine that is the only one I use. Most gyms don't have it, but they have 2 at the Fontainebleau. I especially love the boarding pass printing station. I haven't tried any of the upscale restaurants, but the offerings at Solo are a personal favorite. From the pool guy to the doorman, the staff is friendly and accommodating. They truly go above and beyond. The only negative for me is the high prices of extras. I accepted the offer to upgrade my room, but I'm not sure it was worth it. I am also not used to spending $6 for a glass of iced tea or $3 for a drink in a bottle. I understand that most of the clientele can more than afford it, but the prices are high to me. That will not keep me from coming back, however. I am planning a longer stay next year. If you want a worry-free vacation and like to be treated like a celebrity, you can't go wrong with the Fontainebleau.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to this hotel when I was a kid with my family, before their major (and much-needed) renovation so I was not expecting much when I visited as an adult this past weekend. They did an amazing job! I really liked the design from the lobby to the rooms. It was interesting and modern without the intimidation that some nice hotels seem to inspire. They provide free wifi and really nice Mac desktop computers, which so many hotels would charge for. It was also so clean, which is always my #1 priority in choosing a hotel. The staff seemed pretty nice, the pools and grounds are great, and the view is really fantastic (ask for an oceanfront room). There are plenty of restaurants onsite and they are really pretty expensive, but I think that is to be expected for the area. It's like a $7 cab ride to the South Beach party scene, or you could go to LIV, the club in the hotel (which is pretty fun). I probably wouldn't come with kids, but for a trip with friends or a significant other, it is a really great spot.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

When I first stayed at the hotel I was impressed with its size. I thought it would be one more of those chain hotels that looks exactly the same everywhere you go (ummm. Marriot), but once I arrived I realized that it had a unique feel. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very kind. We were greeted by one of the managers, David, and he was kind enough to upgrade us to a bigger room once he realized I had my whole family coming with me. Even though it was a small thing for him to do, it meant the world to me. Completely changed my experience. The food was also really good. Even though the pool has a mature feel to it (lot of hot bikinis), my kids enjoyed every minute of it. (So did I) Next time I am in Miami my choice is already made.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karelins
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Went there for a family vacation. Beautiful place, amazing pools, great service! It's good for family's and party people. The best part was the pool area which was huge. Few pools to choose from. One for kids only.
The restaurants are good too. Favourite one Gotham Steakhouse, food was delicious!!
Definitely a place to be at in Miami!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family