“Excellent Service! Beautiful views - close to SoBe”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #45 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 6, 2008

This hotel is under construction, however, they completely made up for the barley audible noise level by their superb customer service! The staff at the pool are incredible - Sean, Karla, Rey C - just to mention a few - go way above and beyond to make you comfortable! We barley made it to the beach because they were so great - they mist you when you're warm, check in just enough to keep the DELICIOUS drinks flowing (highly recommend the Banana Peel), poolside food is also really good. They will even move your chair into the sun if you barely mention you aren't totally happy!

We had 3 girls in a junior suite and there was plenty of room for us. Big large bathroom - lots of mirrors to get ready etc.

Also - very close to SoBe - quick cheap cab ride away. Will definitely
want to check this hotel out after the renovations are complete in July 08. It is going to have a Pure nightclub, a huge pool by the beach, among many other amenities. I'm sure the price will go up as well, but for now it was a bargain for the service & location!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank frv100
There are newer reviews for Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Reviewed January 29, 2008

We stayed at the Fontainebleau Suites for two weekends, both before and after a cruise out of Miami. We were aware of the construction in the area, and chose this hotel because of its proximity to friends, and houses of worship in Miami Beach. The people at the Reception Desk were friendly and efficient, but we were taken aback by the daily charge to park, $30, and a $40 per day charge for a rollaway bed, which we needed to accomodate our kids. The suite was large and well decorated, with a beautiful view of the bay, Miami skyline and ocean. This was the less expensive bayview suite. The view was beautiful, and I certainly would not pay the extra $50 per night for an oceanview. The bed was quite comfortable and the kitchen was spotless, having a practically brand new fridge, oven and microwave. There are also two flat panel TVs in the suite. The pool is small though, but the attendents were quite helpful in helping us find pool chairs. By the way, the pina coladas at the pool were the best we have tasted in a while!

Our major problem was with the service. We waited over 3 hours for the rollaway to arrive, and each time we called,we were told "it is on the way". Finally, someone honest at the desk admitted to us that the service elevator was broken, and they were having a hard time getting it up. They did agree to omit the $40 per day charge for the rollaway. I expect more out of a five star resort. Overall though, our experience with the Fontainebleau Suites was positive, and I would give it 3 and a half stars out of 5.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank PinaColadaLover
Reviewed January 25, 2008

Stayed at the world famous Fountainbleu for one night, and thank goodness it was only one night. For the unbelievable price of $450.00 per night, there were no services available as they are in the midst of major reconstruction; there is no restaurant, bars, the swimming pool is backyard size; there is dist flying thru the air, wherever you go, and the sound of jackhammers banging all day; the supposed shuttle to Lincoln Road is a joke and didn't happen. On a dust filled walk to the beach, past the construction, you are accompanied by chalk dust and soot; when you get to the beach, if you want a chaise lounge, it costs $5.00. A chicken and turkey sandwich that they kept in a regular cooler costs $43.00. The buffet breakfast, costing $25.00 was a very poor spread; when I asked if I could get an omelet, I was told that I could at an extra charge. I would say the room, a jr. suite was very nice and well appointed but that was it. When I brought my complaints to mangement I was told that since I made my reservation thru Orbitz, they could not help me; they did offer to reimbuse me $5.00 for the chaise lounge. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else where you can enjoy and not get ripped off like this.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
11  Thank antoniaofpc
Reviewed January 21, 2008

My family have stayed here for many years since they grew up in this area. We love the fountainebleau and today it is even better than ever! The rooms are huge and luxurious and very well appointed. The service is excellent nothing above that though. The pools are the highlight way more than enough service there and lounge chairs. It is pet friendly which draws us there and has a great gym. The kids area is also very nice a big with slides and stuff for them to do. The lobby of the hotel is very historic and the restaurant is great too, food was good, no complaints. The beach is also great since there is a boardwalk along the strip. This place is definintely a great place to stay if you are looking in this area! Feel free to contact me with any questions!

• Stayed: October 2005
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TheMiamiUrbEx
Reviewed January 17, 2008

We were very excited about having asuite in this world-famous hotel, but once we got there... we had a junior suite, right, the room was beautiful and clean, but the balcony seemed to be completely "neglected": there was sand everywhere, even what we guessed to be pigeon's excerements and no wonder there was non electic light to read a book on the balcony in the evening. Moreover we had been informed that the pool was closed due to general restoration, but what we were not informed of it was the fact that there was no restaurant available at the hotel, only room service, really expensive as you can imagine. lastly we were supposed to have a courtesy shuttle to lincoln road, but the service had been changed months earlier so we had to get a taxi every time. The suites are marvellous, but the service...just don't bother it's not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CSIJen
Reviewed January 16, 2008

The hotel was clearly sold out when I checked in on New Years Eve--and at 5pm I was still waiting for my suite to be ready. At least the front desk kept me advised on what was going on --and the suite was worth the wait. I was impressed with the good quality furnishings and amenities and the view was lovely. I had a few issues with the room key not working--but overall the stay was a good one. The location of the hotel is excellent and the value is solid--the staff is friendly-- perhaps not as polished as one might expect at the price point. Room Service exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clefsdorsf
Reviewed January 10, 2008

This hotel has been beautifully remodeled (most of it, anyway). the room was the peak of luxury, a bed that I could die in and a view of some of the classic old hotels of North Beach, some currently being remodeled. Seriously, the bed was fitted with the most luxurious comforter and pillows, immaculately clean. You know a hotel is seriously plush when even the bathroom is luxurious. I hear that an old James Bond movie was filmed onsite at the Fontainebleau. This was seriously nice luxury, a $15 cab ride from the nightlife of South Beach, and uncompromised comfort in the rooms. I would recommend this place to any person, any time.

• Stayed: November 2007