14,682 results
All reviewstresor towersorrento towerlapis spableau barliv nightclubpool areabeautiful hoteljunior suitelobby barocean viewamazing servicebeach servicepeople watchingpool staffvalet servicevalet parkingbeach chairs
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I did not stay in this hotel (stayed next door at the amazing Eden Roc, see my review) but attended a conference here and saw my friend's room. It is HUGE and has a resort feel (multiple interesting restaurants, delicious bakery/dessert place, stores for shopping, spa, large nightclub) but it is too busy and crazy for our group (young 30s). Beautiful people are everywhere around the pools and certainly the young people at this hotel have a "see and be seen feel." The conference food was superb though, compared to other hotels with the standard cold offerings as well as quiche or egg wraps. However, the conference facility areas were very cold (air con) for most of us.

The rooms were nice but nothing special - my friend stayed in the Versaille tower. Like a nice Marriott with small bathroom (shower only). The view was of a roof. There was an apple computer for free internet use. For a comparable price, I would stay at the Eden Roc for a more comfortable and luxurious stay but at least visit here for food or to hang out.

1  Thank yvrgirlToronto
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences during the time you spent at Fontainebleau. We are glad to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy some of our offerings while here for a conference, such as the exquisite food prepared by our Banquets team. We are disappointed to learn the room your friend stayed in did not meet her expectations. There are a total of 1,504 guest rooms and suites in four towers on our property. You can view pictures and obtain more information about each room type on our website. We really hope to have you stay with us on your next visit!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I recently spent three nights at the hotel. He was attending a professional meeting and I came along for the trip. We had an enjoyable stay, found the hotel beautiful over the top deco with lots of energy and great people watching. The hotel is a mix of professional meeting attendees, some families, and lots of young singles--particularly at night in the lobby. Kind of a happening place, it seems, loud, but fun to watch.

The service was very good with special mention to Ezra, at the front desk, who assisted us in obtaining an ocean view room, George, in housekeeping for his attention to service, and Jesse, at the beach, who made sure I had a comfortable chair and umbrella on a somewhat quieter spot on a very crowded beach.

The negative would be how crowded the pool area is--like sardines packed in rows, and also on the beach. It almost seems that the facilities cannot accommodate the number of guests.
Our last day it rained and we went to the spa. A beautiful facility. Our services, however, we okay. Good but not great and not worth the price. We would not choose spa treatments from the spa again.

In general, all beverages and meals were very expensive and the drinks served on the beach are over the top expensive. Would have to agree that selection of beach food is less than would be desired.
Finally, the gym is large and beautiful and I enjoyed using it every day.
We had fun and would return for another getaway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of Fontainebleau, we sincerely apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your stay. There are certain dates we hold special events by our main pool area which can possibly lead to the attendance of a large crowd. We would like to make a recommendation for you to visit our Tresor and Sorrento pools next time. Located in our separate suite towers, the environment tends to be more calm and relaxing for our guests and families to enjoy. We would also like to share our appreciation of your positive feedback. It is pleasing to hear that you had a great time, enjoyed your ocean view room and amenities on the property. Thank you for also mentioning Ezra, George and Jesse, and the excellent service they provided. We are very fortunate to have them on our team and will commend them for taking great care of you! Please come back to see us very soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Our recent stay at the FB is the first since it underwent a major renovation and commemorates our 25th anniversary. Our first (25 years ago) and the few in-between were very memorable. Unfortunately this recent stay offered little resemblance to our earlier visits: Despite having confirmed with in-house reservations to stay in a particular area of the Chateau tower (thanks for nothing Nate), upon arrival we were informed that there were no accommodations for the historic Chateau tower and that we were to stay at the Tresor tower. I’m a former Marine, Retired officer from a major city warrant unit, now run a heavy highway construction company and have little or low tolerance for incompetence, so I requested to speak with management. After a brief discussion we were upgraded to a wonderful penthouse in the Chateau tower (my Daughter’s interpretation of the conversation was “he got schooled”, for me it was another day at the office –Thanks again for the upgrade Sam!).
Reserving a specific poolside cabana proved to be a daily challenge: I decided to reserve a poolside cabana for a few days and contacted the pool concierge the night before. I requested a specific cabana and was told they could not guarantee a specify cabana however they assured me it would be in the designated area and that I should get there early to make my selection. I was there at 0700 and waited until they opened. I was met by a charming young lady who accepted my cabana selection. I left a few items in the cabana and went back to the family to work out our agenda for the day (little hint: flexibility is essential when traveling with family). The following day was typical but the third day brought some entertainment. Although I went through the same motions by going to the pool concierge early, confirming my selection for the day, leaving some belongings in the cabana I selected, and returning to the family to discuss the day, when I returned to our selected cabana my things were gone and another party had settled in. After another discussion with a young pool concierge’s representative, who implied I was fabricating my early morning selection account, the party left and the cabana was once again ours. Ironically, about a half hour later the same pool concierge’s rep returned with the belongings I had left earlier and softly said “These items must be yours”. The next morning was even better. When I selected the same cabana I was told the cabana was not available, that it had previously been reserved by another guest who enjoyed his visit at the FB a year earlier. That’s odd? I recalled being told that the cabanas cannot be reserved in advance. Hm? I guess our visits dating back over a span of 25 yeas don’t compare. I didn’t bother to argue this time, by now I had 4 days of what was tantamount to a month in Disneyland. Disneyland you say? Yes, the place was crawling with teens over exuberant with the desire to look like a character in their version of my big fat gypsy wedding (really parents?).
The main pool was cloudy and the night club spilled over into the main lobby creating the ambiance of a cheap car with an over sized sound system driven by a young teen who hasn’t developed appropriate social skills so they compensates by blasting an impression into your head (and this was the week after spring break). Hats off to Gotham Steak for their porterhouse, filet mignon and wine selection!
In brief: Management seams not only to be fragmented, its different components appear to be autonomous and independently exercise decision making authority, or perhaps they’re just make it up as they go along. We spent approximately $10,000 at the hotel during our 4 day stay with tips ranging from $100-$200 above the automatic gratuity (yes, I’m a proponent of sharing the wealth - my way) and although it had an effect on staff it had little effect on management. Regrettably, the Fontainebleau is no longer on our top ten places to stay.

Room Tip: Apparently there’s no guarantee which room, or tower for that matter, you may get so be prepared for a surprise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Steven E
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Fontainebleau. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Our management team has attempted to reach out to you personally via telephone. We look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

What can you say about The Fontainebleau? It's a 4.5-star hotel and expensive. I was fortunate to attend a business conference at The Fontainebleau and enjoyed my stay very much. Let's go over the basics:

The room. My room was a "standard" room, which is guess is bottom of the barrel. It was clean and included the usual amenities, such as a flat-screen TV, phone and room safe. The cordless phone handset didn't work, despite my putting it on charge during my stay, but one can use the speaker in the base to speak with room service, I found. The room had a complimentary Mac computer with free Internet access. If you're there on business, expect to pay $15 per 24 hours of Internet access if you want to use your own PC. The room temperature controls were responsive and quick to reach the desired temperature. My room had two queen beds and the linens were excellent quality. The bed was extremely comfortable, at least for me (and I have back problems). The room had a fridge but I didn't open it, since anything removed for more than 20 seconds will be charged to your room - and that's not an exaggeration. Same with the snack display - just leave it alone, unless it's an "emergency." There was a TV in the bathroom, as well as a phone, which seems to be the norm in expensive hotels, I've found. The wonderful shower, with tiles and an inch-thick glass door, was large enough to fit three people at once and the hot water was quick and plentiful.

The hotel & grounds. The hotel was spotless, as should be expected in a quality facility, and the grounds were clean and well-kept. I didn't use the pools but they were popular, naturally. During my stay, a major hair-care company had a soireé at the main cabanas and models & celebrities were on hand - which added a degree of chaos to the hotel & lobby - but to me just added to the interest of the stay. There is a major coffee chain store in the lobby, and being a coffee snob, I was there daily. Pricing was not outrageous. The LIV nightclub was pretty amazing inside, see my pics. Drinks are expensive, of course.

Conference considerations. The catering, presumably in-house, was excellent. The staff was courteous and helpful and the food, most importantly, was delicious. During breaks in the sessions, the cookies, snacks & coffee were also delicious. They kept the rooms cool, which I prefer, to help stay awake!

Ratings explanations. I gave 4/5 for "Service" because I had to wait for two hours until my room was ready. I was early, but come on, two hours? They get your cell number and text you when your room is ready, which was convenient. For "Value," that's really subjective, but if paying full-price I'd feel only okay about my stay. For the same money, at the Wynn in Las Vegas, you get a bigger room and better quality accommodations overall, including the hotel decor. Like I said, subjective. I gave 4/5 for the "Room" rating because the phone handset didn't work, I think it's nickel-and-dimeing to charge extra for Internet if you have your own laptop, and the iron leaked water on my clothes when ironing, which delayed my morning routine. Small potatoes, really, but perfect is perfect and the room wasn't.

Final comments & tips. There is a Walgreens drug store about 1/3 of a mile away that sells some groceries, which is nice to have in the room for snacks. For liquor, there is a liquor store at Collins and 39th, which is just a short walk away (prices are reasonable). There is an ATM in the lobby and yes, it does charge a fee to use it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to share your Fontainebleau experience with everyone. Our 2,200 team members are trained to go above and beyond everyday to provide our guests with unforgettable experiences just like yours. We appreciate your generous compliments regarding our helpful service and well maintained facility. Once again, thank you for this review and we look forward to the opportunity to one day serve you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Just returned from four nights in the Sorrento Tower at Fountainbleu. Hotel location and view from our suite were excellent- ocean, pool complex, Biscayne Bay and the city in one sweep from our balcony, which faced North. The room has kitchen amenities, large screen TV and an iMac included. But for about $900 per night in an off-peak period it should be even better.
As a guideline for guests who will be dining in the hotel restaurants or equivalent, you should budget about $150 per day per person, not including drinks. Drinks will ramp up the tab dramatically, as other reviewers have noted. Menu selections for in-house restaurants should be expanded.
Many guests, including ourselves, wandered around lost on a regular basis due to extremely inadequate signage. Las Vegas resorts twice the size are relatively easy to get around because signs hang prominently overhead indicating directions to various towers, restrooms, elevators, etc. Nothing like that here.
All employees that I dealt with were extremely deferent and helpful. Staffing levels seemed haphazard, however. Staffing is high for bellmen, valets, restaurants, and security. It seemed low for housekeeping, which was late and decidedly superficial. Food and beverage service for sunbathers at the pool and beach is absolutely the worst I have ever seen. Management is foregoing a lot of revenue by leaving guests nearly unserved in this area.
To summarize by an analogy I will suggest that at the Fountainebleu, Miami Beach you pay for the Ritz-Carlton but get the Hilton- in a beautiful location.

Room Tip: Money. Don't leave home without it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom D

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We appreciate your compliments regarding our impressive scenic views and our helpful and accommodating team members. Rest assured that we will use your comments as constructive criticism to continue improving our service levels for you and for future guests. We sincerely value you as a guest and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a future stay.