“Very enjoyable experience!”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Huge resort, accommodating staff, very comfortable room and clean room (thank you Norma). Nice resort for families.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
FB_Management, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for such a sweet response. We are certainly happy to hear that you found our staff to be “accommodating” to you and your family. We put a lot of effort towards the family-oriented aspect of our resort, so thank you for your thoughtful recognition.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights . Beautiful location, very clean hotel. Friendly staff nothing was a problem for anyone. Good food in restaurants Chinese and steak house. Very quiet hotel for having 2 night clubs. We were upgraded to a suite which was lovely. Would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

It is great to know that you had such a pleasant stay and that we were able to surpass your expectations in all categories. We are certainly glad to learn that you found everything from the food all the way to the service provided by the staff beyond satisfactory. Thank you for your recommendation and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Founainebleau Miami Beach for two nights after a weeklong Caribbean cruise. Let me preface my statement by saying that we were visiting Florida in 2010 and passed the hotel. We liked what we saw and decided to return for our vacation in 2011. That is was also the hotel where Goldfinger was shot added to the adventure. The front desk staff were quick and efficient. They carefully explained that the mini bar was pressure sensitive and we would be charged for anything moved or removed. Thanks. We were early so I gave them my cell and they called me when our room was ready. We returned to the hotel and the valet couldn't have been more effiecient. He clearly explained that parking was $36 per day and if we need only call down to request our car and it would be waiting. so far so good. We get to the roo. It is perfectly in the center of the curve. Awesome. My son immediately goes for the TV. Only the remote doesn't work and you cannot change the channels without it. We look in the Minibar, only to find a container of takeout where drinks should be. How is that possible. I call Housekeepping: please clean and restock the Minibar, provide batteries for the remote and vaccuum. After many apologies, a staff member appears. She apologies for the extra food and we were told that the minibar items were out of stock and, oh, don't worry, no on checks anyway! In fact, it was her job to check the Minibar. So who would know better? Really? We sat out on the balcony, which had a lovely view of the Atlantic. It also overlooked the Adult only pool. We were on the 12th floor and it was still ridiciously loud (think club music). We decided to leave and tour Miami Beach and called the Valet for our car. Imagine our surprise when we were told and I quote" I don't know if you were told, but we cannot take phone request because it is 4th of July weekend and we are really busy". Awesome service. This may seem nitpicky, but this is billed as a five star hotel. The word "No" should only come when asked if rain is in the forecast. And, since it's July in Florida, that is not possible. This was certaintly not a case of I got what I paid for. This hotel falls far short of 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the situation with the valet. You are absolutely right in being upset at the valet staff’s response. As a matter of fact, one of the core fundamentals within our staff training is “The answer is always ‘yes’” and this was certainly not the case here. We will make sure to relay your message to Valet Management so they can handle it accordingly.

As for the issue with the remote control & minibar, please accept our sincere apologies as this should’ve definitely not occurred. We have strict standards set for keeping thorough inventory within the rooms which includes keeping the minibar fully stocked and batteries in the remote controls. Rest assured we will notify the Housekeeping department of this incident. It’s disappointing that we didn’t meet your expectations so we encourage you to give us another chance and join us in the near future.

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to voice out your concerns and we hope you will give us another opportunity to go above & beyond your expectations. Our Guest Relations team is always available and can be reached at anytime via email atGuestRelations@fontainebleau.com, or via phone at 305-674-4688 if we can help with anything.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

My first trip back in April 2011 was great, thereby resulting in this 2nd visit in October. I had reserved for 4 nights for a girls-only vacation. I was sharing a suite with my BF to whom I extolled the virtues of the hotel based on my first visit. She had never stayed at the FB prior and was eager to try the place out.

Day 1: On the 1st evening, we ordered pizza from room service. It arrived lukewarm and soggy. No one came back to pick up the trays though they called saying that they would. We called again, still no one came for the trays...so we left everything in the hall because the half-eaten pizza was stinking up the room. No biggy I thought, and went to bed.

Day2: We woke the following morning and opened the curtains to discover a man painting the balcony. I called the reception inquiringt and they mentioned that we should have been provided a letter upon arrival advising us of that. I replied we did not receive such letter thereby our shock and the reason for the call. They offered another room and we accepted the change.

That evening, my friend was getting ready for bed and pulled up the sheets. I heard her yell and I came running. She had found a live insect crawling around on the bed. I took a glass and trapped it. I then called reception and they sent housekeeping to get rid of the insect. We were offered yet another room and we accepted. At this point, they sent Security staff to accompany us which I found somewhat strange: "do they think we are criminals?" Anyhooooooo, we arrive in the room which they claim is an upgrade from the other rooms. We said we wanted to inspect this room before accepting it. And here is what we found, with the security officers as witnesses:

(1) No less than 7 strands of hair (perhaps pubic) in the bed
(2) A very long strand of hair in the bedding for the sofa bed

Upon seeing this, they called housekeeping to change all the sheets.
By the time all this was completed, it was well past midnight. I was exhausted.

Day 3: The Intenet was had not been set up for this last room. This was remedied after having called for service. Twice.

Day 4: Uneventful. Uneventful also in terms of service. The hotel did absolutely nothing to make up for the inconveniences. Never mind adding insult to injury with the unhygienic conditions of the last room. I asked to speak with the hotel manager in person but received no follow up.

We had booked the Tresor Oceanview One Bedroom suite. Check out their rates for this suite and tell me that we shouldn't deserve better service!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Junibugs
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was a surprise weekend planned by my husband for my 60th birthday - I was stunned to find we had paid $400 plus per night and our view was of air conditioning units and mechanical equipment (will post photo) ROOM ALERT - 4th floor - Even Numbered rooms in Chateau building overlook a roof with multiple, large pieces of mechanical equipment! In addition, the music at the pool began early morning and went late into the night with a steady boom, boom, boom from the bass speakers resonating through our room :(

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2011

What a view we had from our room; overlooking the pools & the beach!! We stayed only one night; the room was excellent, great view, free internet access (computer in room) balcony overlooking the pool & ocean view. Hotel Staff was very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
FB_Management, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

It is wonderful to hear that you were so utterly pleased with the view from your room. We truly take pride in our installations, and this is why we encourage our guests to book ahead of time and reserve one of our numerous ocean-view rooms in order to enrich their experience at Fontainebleau to the fullest. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

This used to be a great hotel before the renovations. I have been bag twice, and both times have been the worst vacation experience.

The service is horrendous. The staff treat you like you are a jail prisoner (not surprising since this once classy hotel is overrunn by trash).
The prices are outrageous (but good luck trying to find a deal in Miami beach) for crappy food. I've eaten in every restaurant and cannot say I have had a great meal....just average.

The nightlife is decent, there are way better clubs in south beach. The best entertainment is free, just sit in the blue bar and watch the freak show that gathers in the hotel.

If you make it to your room alive, you can hear whatever they are playing in Liv nightclub, so bring your earplugs or sedatives.

• Stayed: July 2011