“So much fun!!!”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #55 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2007

I just love the Shore Club! I wish I could permanently move into it!

The Shore Club is fabulous for its ambiance, outside of the room. The pool scene, regardless of season or time of day, is always fun & the attentive staff makes sure that you always have a mojito (or glass of champagne) in hand. The hotel rooms themselves are quite nice as well – though they could be a bit cozier / sensual & less stark (my boyfriend hates the rooms “too cold”). I love the wetrooms. Reserve a room with a balcony, preferably overlooking the pool. The restaurants, including Nobu, are perfect though pricey. Skybar is always fun & plays great music. Scoop boutique also has an outpost here, just incase you need a new bikini or party dress!

Convenient location for going to the Delano as well as Lincoln Road. Lincoln has some of South Beach’s best shops, including Base Annex, Base, DWR, Jonathan Adler a great vintage boutique & a collection of art galleries.

Beware though…unless you are up for the party, you will be unhappy here. Even from locked doors & closed windows you will hear the loud music until the DJ decides to go home. You will also hear all of your bordering neighbors acivities. They really do need to work on sound proofing the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank roberta_nyc

Reviewed July 14, 2007

The bare concrete floors everywhere (with color chips, but bare concrete-looking nontheless) mentioned in the prev reviews is accurate. Might be intended as hip, but comes off as prison cell. Makes the hotel look like unfinished construction and noisy with lots of echos and thumping music. In my opinion, the place has two bigger problems: it's a terrible money-sponge and the service ranges from mediocre to poor. I've stayed at my share of posh hotels/resorts, but this place unabashedly soaks you. I'm sure it's in the name of exclusivity, but it seems unjustified for what you get and the room rates. A bottle of water is $13 at the pool..it goes on and will floor you. Also, they include an 18% gratuity in your bill for everything, which is fine because I tip more than that, but it seems to leave much of the service staff unmotivated to provide anything better than barely-adequate service or worst. When you factor it all in the value just isn't there at all. The restaurants, spa and nightclub/pool area are nice (pricey also), but I wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank mika50
Reviewed July 9, 2007

My husband and I decided to stay at the Shore Club after going to the Sky bar on a previous trip to South Beach and having a great time. The rooms in this hotel look like jail cells. I know they are going for the minimalist look but this is ridiculous. Concrete walls, no carpet, lame dresser, 2-3 CVS drugstore looking pictures on the walls. First of all, the elevators are so small that your luggage and your husband CANNOT fit in there together. Our room was musty, had a large pool of water under the bed (how did that get there?) and there was the constant sound of the air conditioner humming. I called the front desk to change rooms and was put on hold for over 20 minutes. I called back again, was put on hold again. Finally, I was able to move rooms. It took them 1 hour to get us moved to a new jail cell.. oh I mean hotel room. I moved from the 5th floor to the 3rd floor. I specifically requested a quiet room and was assured that the 3rd floor was quiet - LIARS!!! I may as well have just gone to the sky bar since it was just as loud in my room. the service at the Shore Club SUCKS!!! We left bright and early the next morning and went to another hotel. they were nice about refunding the rest of the expenses paid in advance but they are probably used to doing that. Next time I'm heading straight for a real hotel - LOEWS. When I'm paying top dollar I want top service and a room that doesn't feel like I'm serving 5-10 years in jail.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunshineOnMyMind
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I'll start witht he positive: great location, beautiful, original lobby area, the pools are wonderful, the bars have great indoor and outdoor areas. The service is mostly friendly. I loved my room - nice and spacious and great bathroom with modern decor. The crowd was young and hip, almost "too cool." You have to wonder "who are all these people with big bucks to spend"? But it's all good fun.

Now the not-so-positive. My friend came for breakfast for an hour. He valet-parked. $24. Neither of us could believe it. My room was along a long concrete hallway. My door had no weather stripping. So as people sauntered past at night, their noise was magnified and it was as if they were right in my room! It woke me up many times. I asked the front desk to either move me or add weather stripping. They said they would but apparently I was not an important enough guest for them to follow through.

The bar and restaurant were very overpriced, but I guess that's what you get in South Beach.

In all, I'd stay there again if I got a good deal. But I'd make sure my room was in a quiet place or I got some earplugs. And I'd go to the little Kabob place right outside for a couple meals and save money.

Oh - watch out for all the shampoos and lotions in the bathroom. If you use em - you pay.. and they're not cheap.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 1, 2007

DO NOT believe any of the bad reviews. Not only did we get upgraded to a THREE ROOM SUITE.....but the service and the concierge and the pool were WONDERFUL! It pays to be polite and NICE. Because we too very skeptical after reading the reviews, but had an AWESOME trip. There were 7 of us Southern Gals who went down for a long weekend for a bachelorette trip and had a ball. We are in our mid 30's and were treated so well. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I'd go back in a heart beat!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank megfrances
Reviewed June 27, 2007

First, let me start by saying that I am a professional travel writer and when reviewing hotels I judge by one simple criteria: how good is the hotel at delivering their specific brand of experience. After all, I'm not going to go to Amanyara for a social scene and I wouldn't go to the Shore Club expecting quiet and relaxation. That said, for what it promises (social life, access, and a posh miami vibe) it delivers perfectly.

I came down with a bunch of friends (all late 20s early 30s) to celebrate a joint birthday party. Normally, I'm not into the scene getting plenty of that in Manhattan, but being with friends I found it was the perfect place to stay. First impressions and check in were great. It took 5 minutes to get us into our room and the lobby was a cool all white escape from the heat outside.

First thing I noticed was how friendly all the staff were. Having visiting many upscale and attitude-filled hotels in NYC (Gansevoort, Soho Club, 60 Thompson), there was no attitude, no pretension. In fact, I remember saying how shocked I was that everyone was so nice, because that's not what you expect at these types of hotels.

The rooms and cool hallways had a nice clean aesthetic that I enjoyed, in keeping with the overall look of the hotel. The toiletries were top notch and the shower was huge and so comfortable.

What I liked most about the hotel that all our friends could be around each other and really would never have to leave the hotel to enjoy the best of what Miami had to offer, from the SKyBar to the lounge to Nobu, everything is there. You even get access to the Delano hotel's pool, bar, and beach. The pool scene is also an amazingly fun experience and yes, it can be tough to get a bed, but you could always hang by the beach in the meantime while you wait.

And of course, you have to make reservations at Nobu. You can't give guests last-minute access because so many other people made reservations beforehand.

I saved the best for last. THE SERVICE. Again, I've travelled all over the world and write articles about some of the most exclusive properties, but this hotel surpassed all of them. Here's what happened. My husband and I just got married last month and his wedding band was still a little loose. The first night we got there, his ring slipped off while we were lounging in a bed around the pool. Being that it was very dark, the staff immediately rushed in with flashlights and started moving tables and beds around. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anything and my husband was crushed. The next day after talking to some pool staff and the pool manager, they brought engineers to find out what happened and to see if the ring might have slipped into a small crack by the pool. They went so far out of their way we almost felt guilty, but it was an expensive ring, so not that guilty. They said they could lift up some of the cement tile (a huge job!) and we were shocked that they would even offer. But of course, they couldn't do it over the busy weekend.

So...Steven H. (the rooms divisions manager and our personal hero) talked to us for such a long time exploring all the possibilties on Sunday right before we left. He promised that he would have engineers remove some of the tiles on Tuesday, a far less busier day for the pool. Of course, I was doubtful that anything would be found. I was very sad about the ring at that point and had already accepted that we would never find it. So on Tuesday we get a call from Steven. They had lifted two tiles where the ring was dropped and nothing...but at the last minute someone had suggested lifting off a third tile near the drain, and the ring was FOUND!! We couldn't believe it. So much effort on our behalf and Steven even called twice that day and followed up to give us the FedEx tracking number.

it's a small miracle that it was found. And we can't say enough about the staff and hotel and Steven for going out their way like that. Most people would not have. Believe me. I've lost things at other hotels and nothing.

But in the end, the biggest testament to the hotel was that even when were so upset and depressed about the ring, we still had an amazing time. That's how great the hotel is. It makes you feel like everything will be all right...and it was.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TravelWriterNYC
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I was treated to a stay here for 4 days and 3 nights last month. And I have to say I was a bit leery after reading the reviews here before I went on my trip. But I was pleasantly surprised. I knew the rooms would be minimalist, which I didn’t mind because we were there to have fun and didn’t spend a great deal of our time in the room anyway. The staff was helpful and we had no problem getting a bed at the pool on Friday. We got a bit of a later start on Saturday so we didn’t have the same luck, so we went to the beach instead. Still was able to order food and drinks at both places. The wait for drinks at the pool was long a couple times but I think there was some sort of mix-up with the wait staff. Most everyone we dealt with was friendly.

We did stay in the tower where you had to walk through Nobu to get to your rooms so at first that was a kinda weird, especially after drinking all night and walking back to your room through the smell of raw fish, but it wasn’t that big of a deal.

The only small negative thing I noticed was like some have previously said, you’ll want to wear flip flops or something in the room because the cement floor does seem to cause rubbish to build up on your feet. And you’ll probably end up putting down towels in the bathroom by the shower because it tends to leak.

Other than that, the pool scene, people watching, music (great music!!) and easy walking distance to everything else made up for any negatives. Definitely not the worst hotel ever. I had a great time!

• Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank bellezzaAZ
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Service Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2007

Dear bellezzaAZ,

Glad to hear you had a great time enjoying the Miami Beach vibe at The Shore Club! The amazing nightlife and high energy are part of what makes us such a popular destination. I hope to see you living it up at our pool again soon.

Regards,