“Amazing!”

Ranked #55 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, GA
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 1, 2007

DO NOT believe any of the bad reviews. Not only did we get upgraded to a THREE ROOM SUITE.....but the service and the concierge and the pool were WONDERFUL! It pays to be polite and NICE. Because we too very skeptical after reading the reviews, but had an AWESOME trip. There were 7 of us Southern Gals who went down for a long weekend for a bachelorette trip and had a ball. We are in our mid 30's and were treated so well. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I'd go back in a heart beat!

1 Thank megfrances

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed June 27, 2007

First, let me start by saying that I am a professional travel writer and when reviewing hotels I judge by one simple criteria: how good is the hotel at delivering their specific brand of experience. After all, I'm not going to go to Amanyara for a social scene and I wouldn't go to the Shore Club expecting quiet and relaxation. That said, for what it promises (social life, access, and a posh miami vibe) it delivers perfectly.

I came down with a bunch of friends (all late 20s early 30s) to celebrate a joint birthday party. Normally, I'm not into the scene getting plenty of that in Manhattan, but being with friends I found it was the perfect place to stay. First impressions and check in were great. It took 5 minutes to get us into our room and the lobby was a cool all white escape from the heat outside.

First thing I noticed was how friendly all the staff were. Having visiting many upscale and attitude-filled hotels in NYC (Gansevoort, Soho Club, 60 Thompson), there was no attitude, no pretension. In fact, I remember saying how shocked I was that everyone was so nice, because that's not what you expect at these types of hotels.

The rooms and cool hallways had a nice clean aesthetic that I enjoyed, in keeping with the overall look of the hotel. The toiletries were top notch and the shower was huge and so comfortable.

What I liked most about the hotel that all our friends could be around each other and really would never have to leave the hotel to enjoy the best of what Miami had to offer, from the SKyBar to the lounge to Nobu, everything is there. You even get access to the Delano hotel's pool, bar, and beach. The pool scene is also an amazingly fun experience and yes, it can be tough to get a bed, but you could always hang by the beach in the meantime while you wait.

And of course, you have to make reservations at Nobu. You can't give guests last-minute access because so many other people made reservations beforehand.

I saved the best for last. THE SERVICE. Again, I've travelled all over the world and write articles about some of the most exclusive properties, but this hotel surpassed all of them. Here's what happened. My husband and I just got married last month and his wedding band was still a little loose. The first night we got there, his ring slipped off while we were lounging in a bed around the pool. Being that it was very dark, the staff immediately rushed in with flashlights and started moving tables and beds around. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anything and my husband was crushed. The next day after talking to some pool staff and the pool manager, they brought engineers to find out what happened and to see if the ring might have slipped into a small crack by the pool. They went so far out of their way we almost felt guilty, but it was an expensive ring, so not that guilty. They said they could lift up some of the cement tile (a huge job!) and we were shocked that they would even offer. But of course, they couldn't do it over the busy weekend.

So...Steven H. (the rooms divisions manager and our personal hero) talked to us for such a long time exploring all the possibilties on Sunday right before we left. He promised that he would have engineers remove some of the tiles on Tuesday, a far less busier day for the pool. Of course, I was doubtful that anything would be found. I was very sad about the ring at that point and had already accepted that we would never find it. So on Tuesday we get a call from Steven. They had lifted two tiles where the ring was dropped and nothing...but at the last minute someone had suggested lifting off a third tile near the drain, and the ring was FOUND!! We couldn't believe it. So much effort on our behalf and Steven even called twice that day and followed up to give us the FedEx tracking number.

it's a small miracle that it was found. And we can't say enough about the staff and hotel and Steven for going out their way like that. Most people would not have. Believe me. I've lost things at other hotels and nothing.

But in the end, the biggest testament to the hotel was that even when were so upset and depressed about the ring, we still had an amazing time. That's how great the hotel is. It makes you feel like everything will be all right...and it was.

• Liked — Fun euro scene with amazing hospitality.
  • Disliked — Obviously it's expensive...but it's a small price to pay.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelWriterNYC
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I was treated to a stay here for 4 days and 3 nights last month. And I have to say I was a bit leery after reading the reviews here before I went on my trip. But I was pleasantly surprised. I knew the rooms would be minimalist, which I didn’t mind because we were there to have fun and didn’t spend a great deal of our time in the room anyway. The staff was helpful and we had no problem getting a bed at the pool on Friday. We got a bit of a later start on Saturday so we didn’t have the same luck, so we went to the beach instead. Still was able to order food and drinks at both places. The wait for drinks at the pool was long a couple times but I think there was some sort of mix-up with the wait staff. Most everyone we dealt with was friendly.

We did stay in the tower where you had to walk through Nobu to get to your rooms so at first that was a kinda weird, especially after drinking all night and walking back to your room through the smell of raw fish, but it wasn’t that big of a deal.

The only small negative thing I noticed was like some have previously said, you’ll want to wear flip flops or something in the room because the cement floor does seem to cause rubbish to build up on your feet. And you’ll probably end up putting down towels in the bathroom by the shower because it tends to leak.

Other than that, the pool scene, people watching, music (great music!!) and easy walking distance to everything else made up for any negatives. Definitely not the worst hotel ever. I had a great time!

• Stayed May 2007
1 Thank bellezzaAZ
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Service Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2007
Dear bellezzaAZ,

Glad to hear you had a great time enjoying the Miami Beach vibe at The Shore Club! The amazing nightlife and high energy are part of what makes us such a popular destination. I hope to see you living it up at our pool again soon.

Regards,

NYC
Reviewed June 21, 2007

The Shore Club used to be a great pool scene with class A people. No more. I actually witnessed a bunch of meathead guys spraying champagne all over each other in the pool. Um...yeah. The rest is the
same as it always was - below average rooms, rude and snobby staff...
and all for the bargain price of $600 per night. We actually had to beg Nobu to let us eat there - no privileges for hotel guests. I used
to love the Shore Club, but I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thelika
London
Reviewed June 21, 2007

If you're young, single and want to experience the full south beach social scene then staying at the shore club is a must. The daytime pool scene at the hotel was awesome, with music played during the daytime to give it a beach party atmosphere. The pool is certainly not for the body conscious as there were a plethora of stunning ladies and muscle bound hero types but the overall daytime scene was very chic. One issue arose on Saturday when there was a waiting list for poolside beds, one resident was overheard saying that he got down at 7:00am to get a bed! However on other days during the week beds were easy to get. The staff by the pool were attentive at all times and the quality of the food/dinks by the pool was also very good.

In addition to the great pool scene the nightlife was equally as impressive. The skybar/red room bar within the hotel are very cool recognised nightspots with the same stylish clientele, Fri/Sat night involves queuing to get into the red room, however if you are a resident you can avoid this and walk straight in, a decent benefit of staying here. Another advantage is being able to get into the fabulous Delano Bar. On certain nights this was closed off to non residents but one flash of the shore club residents card allowed us to gain entry (they are part of the same hotel group).

The rooms at this hotel were clean and functional although those who don't admire the minimalist approach to design should avoid staying here. Our sizeable room also had a great balcony with views of downtown Miami. A great place to have a few drinks before heading out for the night. We also had room service a few times and the food was delivered quickly and was good quality/value.

Overall this hotel is hard to beat with excellent staff and great amenities. I would not recommend this hotel for families or children as it is orientated to the younger/hip kind of crowd. For me this was a great trip made more memorable by staying at the right hotel.

1 Thank Raj_P
ireland
Reviewed June 14, 2007

this hotel is absoultely class. dont listen to any bad reviews. we would go back in the morning. the staff were amazing. we partyed by the pool by day and the skybar by night with celebrities like JESS MCCAFF... brilliant

Stayed June 2007
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Service Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2007
Dear POC258,

How cool is that? You never know who you will be sitting next to at our pool. Just another reason to come back and see us again!
Cheers,

London
Reviewed May 26, 2007

my husband and I stayed at this hotel from the 19th to the 26th of may..we were quite reluctunt at booking this hoyel after reading the negative reviews..however we found the hotel to be be amazing..very clean..very helpful and the most friendly staff..I cannot fault this hotel in any way...Thank you shore club for a truly memorable holiday..

• Liked — lovely staff
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Service Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2007
Dear chajpa,

Thank you for your feedback. Our staff’s guest in the center attitude is a main focus of our guest experience. We look forward to creating another unique, cutting edge stay the next time you visit.

If you have any questions or need assistance with a future booking, do not heasitate to call me.