“Wonderland?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York
“Wonderland?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

This is the first review i have posted on trip advisor. I planned a two week holiday for the last week of February. My first stop was the lively shore club in miami then followed by a mellow trip to the caribbean. i was recommended the shore club in miami, the hotel has a brilliant architectural style and a funky atmosphere. The service was fantastic whilst Nobu restaurant was as brilliant as ever...

We reserved a deluxe king room, it suited our needs and i even think one of the smaller options would have been perfect. i have no doubt that i will return again soon.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Dear swanstravel,

I’m overjoyed you had a great stay with us and embraced our architectural style and ‘funky atmosphere’!
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Jennifer E.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

I booked this hotel on Priceline and got a little scared by some of the negative reviews and contacted Jennifer E at the hotel and she was most graceful in helping us out with a GREAT room that was both very quiet and relaxing. Awesome bathroom and a very comfortable bed with nice sheets. This exceeded my expectations!!! Thank you Jennifer and The Shore Club
Mike K

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shoreclubmanagers, Guest experience manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Dear exportm / Mike K,
Many thanks for your kind words. As I mentioned to you before, thanks for giving us the opportunity to form your own opinion about Shore Club. I was glad you contacted me previously and we tried our best to show you a great time in a great room!
My offer to help you with future reservation arrangements is still up—so please let me know and we will continue to exceed your expectations in your future vacation.

Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

I, too, got 'matched' with the Shore Club from Priceline for $250. The grounds are very pretty with a fantastic restaurant and club on the main floor - Nobu - must go for the best sushi in South Beach. However, I highly recommend you visit for dinner and NOT stay. The elevators and hallways leading to the room felt like you were in a run down mental institution. The room was very small, we couldn't even roll our suitcase between the bed and the dresser to get to the other side of the room. The floors were a terrible stone that gave you the willys when walking on them. The bathroom was very nice, but again, carried the stone floor throughout. In terms of room decor, it felt they cheaped out on everything - the furniture looked like beaten down 1990's ikea furniture, the ipod dock speakers were blown, the curtains didn't block the light, etc. Just a joke.

Staff was friendly and helpful, but it couldn't make up for missing the basics. Don't take a chance Priceline-ing it for this area. It does NOT deserve the 4-star rating it has. I hate to write a bad review, but we were so throughly disappointed that I felt the need to.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeBronKahn
Dear LeBronKhan,
Thanks for complimenting our staff. Although, I’m sad to read you didn’t have a happy stay. I wish we would have known this while you were still at Shore Club so we can turn around your experience. Our minimalistic décor and the Mexican sandstone in our guest rooms doesn’t please everyone; and we are looking at other options to provide to our guests.
Pacific Grove, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

Priceline guarantees very little, but I do expect a good night's sleep in a comfortable and quiet room. It would be fair to say that The Shore Club simply cannot meet that simple standard...nor do they necessarily intend to. They are a great trendy, hip party hotel for a (mostly) younger clientele, but the employees who were able to be honest with me admitted that there really is not a room in the hotel which escapes the noise on a Saturday night when the bar stays open until 3am. That said, to my delight the staff was friendly, professional and understanding when I chose to check out early and get a refund from....Priceline! (how about that!?) Note to Management: My experience and the numerous similar reviews demonstrate that The Shore Club is too "specialized" to be on Priceline, Hotwire, or any booking service where you don't know what you're getting into.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tonymoco
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

I visited for a weekend and my first room was on floor 3 over the front entrance, we did not sleep all night with the constant noise of cars and people until about 8am. They changed our room for the second night but already the damage was done. Hot tub was great, pool was nice and fun but very loud during the day (DJ) so if you are over 30 I would not suggest it. Beach service with food and drinks were a disgrace, food took over an hour and the order was wrong several times.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Dear travel_ann_NY,
I’m sorry you didn’t fully enjoy your stay with us. I’m glad we were able to offer you an alternate room for you to be more comfortable.
Please contact me should you come back to South Beach and we will definitely offer you a fun and relaxing stay with us.

Tampa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

Priceline hook-upso for a two night stay it met our needs-barely. The valet service and front desk helpful and friendly. The lobby and decor brought a laugh. I am a designer and adore modern furnishings. This was dirty and cheaply done.-much potential though. The room was fine, but do not plan on a full nights sleep. The closed in cat walks with cement floors carry sound and we were woken up by partiers both evenings. If you are under thirty and looking for fun and pretty people you may not mind. Location terrific. It was an experience!!! Huge tub enjoyed..after that it is not top rate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear olivertampa,

I’m very sorry to hear you experienced loud neighbors. I wish we would have known at the time to remedy the situation right away. We recognize our minimalist décor is not for everyone’s liking, I’m sorry this was the case with you.

If you decide to give us another chance please let me know and I will do my best to make your experience with us a top rate one!

Regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

We stayed at the Shore club with group of friends and found it very different from a few years back.
My comments to improve on: The hotel is in need of renovation especially the exterior- poolside and by the outdoor bar area especially the pool lounge chair pillows that are worn. The rooms were bare, stark and had a cement floor that made it uncomfortable in the room and in the shower if you didn't wear slippers. It is also a bit tacky to charge for umbrellas by the beach and especially that everything in the room had a price tag attached to it. Walls are paper thin- can hear people slamming doors and talking in the hallway- which woke us up several times-- and we weren't going to bed early!
The positives: Good value for $ compared to other hotels on strip. Location is key- on the beach, close to Lincoln road and other bars/ clubs in that area- which had a better scene. We requested a better room if possible than city-view and got a really nice garden view (our friends weren't so lucky with a street view of roofs). The poolside parties and music was great and had a fun crowd. The hotel is conveniently on the beach which was great! The staff were courteous, helpful and went out of their way to provide us with great service. I was really impressed by this and it came from the entire staff -- from the poolside staff to the front desk staff to the concierge! The concierge made good restaurant recommendations- Nobu of course, and everyone must go to- OLA- just a short walk away, and were not blown away by Prime112 which made us wait > 1 1/2 hr even with reservations.
Overall a fun weekend, good value for the room and location, on the beach and close to all bars/restaurants in area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Dear suzq22,

Thank you for your kind words on our staff and hotel events. I’m glad we were able to upgrade your room as well. We all put much effort in ensuring our guests enjoy their time with us!
We are also looking at alternatives to provide our guests with a quieter and more comfortable experience in their room.
Please let me know when you decide to come back. The staff and myself will ensure you have fun with us one more time!