“All fur coat and no knickers”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #54 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 15, 2010

The good bits. The room was big and because they messed up so often they reduced the rate for us. Also, consierge was very good.

The bad bits.
The room was dirty when we arrived.
The floors in all the room have exterior unsealed tiles as the flooring which means it's cold, hard and always dusty. Very impractical because they are difficult to keep clean.
One day they just didn't service our room because they said they thought we were checking out. When I was in reception management was dealing with a number of similar complaints so we weren't a one off. We missed dinner reservations because houskeeping took an hour to turn up even when we reported it.
The bar areas were very very tired looking - they looked dirty and unpleasant. Service was generally dreadful.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,611)

Reviewed January 14, 2010

This hotel is great for those looking for a nonstop party. I stayed here with my fiance for her birthday. The pool is beautiful but did not provide any relaxation- it gets very crowded and loud. We booked a standard king room, but to our delight when we mentioned it was a birthday they upgraded us to a suite! All in all a great stay- would have been better if the other guests weren't so "Jersey Shore-ish" if you get my drift.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miami_dpm
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2010

Dear Miami_dpm,

I’m pleased to read that you had a great stay with us, and a good birthday!

We have a couple of pools—the main pool is where a lot of guests like to hang out and enjoy the sociable music and scene, and the beach pool is reserved for guests who want a bit of relaxation and recuperation. The beach is also right on our doorstep—just the ocean waves to relax to!

I hope to see you again soon—we’d love to have you!

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were looking for a more traditional hotel by South Beach Miami, but "matched" with this one. Location is very good. Hotel is very austere - cement floors, minimal furnishings, no character at all. Parking is a total rip at $44/night. The pool area is truly disgusting - old furniture in bad repair. Clearly, management has avoided spending money to keep this hotel to quality 4 star standards. For the price we paid, maybe I shouldn't complain, but this hotel is not pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Hello,

I’m so sad you didn’t have a great stay with us—it’s true—we are not a ‘traditional’ hotel—we like to be a bit different (but hopefully, in a good way!). The minimalist décor is part of our design—I’m sorry it’s not to your liking—we do try to please everyone, but I understand everyone has different tastes/opinions.

Parking in South Beach is so expensive—I agree, but unfortunately it is everywhere. Our prices are comparable with all other hotels in the area.

I’m please to let you know that our pool area is currently undergoing a renovation. Hopefully, next time you visit you will enjoy the benefits. Let me know if you’re coming back to Miami—I’ll love to make sure your stay with us is a great one!

Best,

Reviewed December 21, 2009

Stayed at the Shore Club with friends to celebrate a 35th B-Day party. It turned out to be a great choice for all of us.

We booked on Priceline and stole the rooms for less than $200 each. The pool scene was great. We had a warm afternoon and loved the pitchers of mojitos ($85) and Presidente beers. We took drinks down to the beach (don't know if this was legal or not but did it anyway) and enjoyed some great music and people watching. The girls in our group all joined in the fun and went topless. Once the sun started to go down we jumped in the hot tub (not too hot but warm enough to keep on drinking) until it was pretty much dark.

Ate dinner at Sushi Samba. The food was amazing and I don't know if I have had better sushi. It was right on par with Nobu plus the Curry flash-fried snapper was outstanding. Drinks were great and I loved the obscure Japanese beer choices. The tab was downright reasonable given the food quality. Service was excellent as well.

Went back to the SkyBar at the Shore Club and stayed in for the night. Cool crowd, great drinks and it was nice to stand in the courtyard underneath the lights and keep on drinking. We stayed until the crown thinned out and called it a night. Great breakfast and Bloody Mary's overlooking the pool the next day.

I'd go back for sure and yes it was pricey but we had a great time. The staff are all strong from the bartenders to housekeeping. Good folks working hard to make sure everyone is happy. The rooms all small, sterile and minimalistic but in South Beach you won't spend any real time in them anyway.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank BigBlueiFlorida
Reviewed December 15, 2009

overall:
i will stay at another hotel if i go back to miami. the shore club needs to be renovated.

value:
i typically believe in "you get what you pay for" but this was not the case. yes, i got a relatively good deal on a travel website, but the main pool was closed during my entire stay and i view the pool as an important part of a vacation. the hotel also seems like it's trying to nickel and dime the guests wherever possible. see ratings below for other aspects that took down the value of this hotel.

cleanliness and rooms:
originally i was given a king room (with a queen bed and overall size as big as my office cube) facing the side of an adjacent building, so when i looked straight ahead it was a blank piece of scummy wall, and when i looked down from the window it was right at a dumpster. why bother assigning, or even making rooms like this? the hotel must get a complaint every time a room like this is given. there were also piles of useless bath/underwear products for sale placed throughout the already suffocating space.

i requested to switch rooms and thankfully the hotel manager moved us to a deluxe king. it was infinitely better, but still there were bugs in the room; the shower pipes did not work if dialed past midpoint and sounded like they were going to burst. i did not report the shower problem to the staff as the shower was working, just not in good condition. furniture and bath amenities had clear signs of wear and tear with chipped corners and dented parts everywhere, not what you'd expect to see at a 4-star hotel.

location:
great location because it's right on the beach and close to restaurants. though i wasn't bothered by the noise/music that played through 3am even on a stormy night, i can confirm that the volume may certainly be an issue for many guests

service:
we'll end on a good note here. the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ksssnake

Dear Ksssnake,

I’m sorry that you didn’t have a great stay with us. Unfortunately the main pool had to be closed for a 2-week period to undergo safety and code compliance work. We tried to notify everyone before coming to visit us. Whilst the main pool was closed, we made sure to have other alternatives available – the back pool, the beach pool, and also complimentary beds and umbrellas at the beach.

I am pleased that we were able to move you to an alternate room, and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I’d love the opportunity to welcome you back to Shore Club. If you change your mind, let me know, and I’ll do everything I can to make sure you have a great stay with us.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2009

my wife and me spend a week at the Shore Club, we are from the fashion industry. The room was spacious and comfortable, I liked it better than the one at the Delano earlier this year. The lobby needs revamping, as well as the restaurants and bar (the Raleigh scores much better in this respect). The pools are fun, more than those of other comparable hotels, I liked the weekend action a lot, so .... genuously american without European snobbiness. Downside: if you do not have a deep sleep, you'd better stay up partying. We got a good deal price-wise.
Competition is setting new standards, thus the Shore Club needs to catch up -not easy for somebody who led the pack once.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear campeao,

Thanks for your review. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Shore Club has a fun atmosphere and we encourage our guests to enjoy our famous bar scene as well. That’s what South Beach is mostly about!

Thanks for choosing us and other Morgans Hotel group properties. We always strive to lead and offer the most unique and fun experience.

Best,

Reviewed December 2, 2009

This place was perfect with 2 Great Restaurants and 2 options for a nightlife. The pool lounge at night is very sexy and classy. The Red Room was Hip and fun. Nobu is now my favorite place to be ever. I have been to the 2 in NYC and the one in Las vegas and I have to say this one is the BEST one! The Italian Restaurant next to Nobu was great too and their staff was great. The beach is right next to the hotel. My room was huge, my balcony was great, my bed was like heaven and I had a great view of the beach and My pool. I liked that it was very close to shopping areas and cvs. Not far from Nikki Beach my second favorite place to party. Is located close to all the fun spots;-)

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank luvangel1883

Dear luvangel1883,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful experience you had!

We really do have everything to keep you busy or relaxed—whichever your preference is—under the same roof: from pools, to restaurants, to stores, to the beach, to a wonderful spa.

Im glad you had fun and enjoyed our atmosphere. Please contact me when you decide to visit us again so we can continue to pamper you.

Regards,