“Very stylish and hip hotel right on the beach!”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was very surprised by the negative reviews on this hotel. From my experience, I can't understand how they got that impression, but every circumstance is different. Our stay was part of a romantic getaway, and we both loved it!

We got the hotel at a discounted rate on another travel website, but were nevertheless treated like gold upon arrival. They gave us an amazing room with a King Bed and a partial Ocean view, and even allowed for a late checkout.

The main lobby is so cool and relaxing. Wide open and beautiful white curtains and candles. The attention to detail is just wonderful. They have potted plantes and tropical gardens throughout, which add such a nice touch. It is a perfect mix of nature and hip contemporary styling. There is no shortage of bars and two, if not three restaurants on site. Had an amazing breafkast at AGO restaurant. The service was very good and personable. I was constantly waiting to be disappointed based on past reviews here, but instead kept finding myself relaxed and pampered. They also play music throughout the place, which gives it such a great vibe.

Just outside the Nobu Tower (and Ago Restaurant) there is a very european style courtyard with trees, plants, and sofas, all lit up by candles at night. This was the most romantic area of the hotel and a perfect place to unwind and have a drink.

The pool area is so much fun. Definitely not for everyone's taste, but if you're young or young at heart and like hip club music playing by the pool and big comfy mattresses and waited service, then this is your place. I checked out the Delano as well (their sister hotel) and the Shore Club is definitely more happening and intended for a younger crowd. Delano is a bit more "upscale" and a bit quieter, whereas the Shore Club at 3 DJ's going at it by the pool and gave you the feeling you were part of a very fun pool party. And the best thing is that if you don't like that scene, they have another pool and jacuzzi in the back, near the beach entrance, where you can relax and be away from the "party" atmosphere. And if that's not enough, just walk another 100 feet and you're at the Ocean Edge where they set you up with comfy beach chairs and towels, with waited service.

We were in the Nobu Tower, and the room was very cool. Mostly white, but the bed and pillows were so comfortable. I slept very soundly. Very comfortable bed! The shower was also very cool, a large glass wall with stone tile and a chair inside the shower. The bath products were all upscale and plenty of towels, robes, etc. You can even purchase a variety of things within the room if you want.

The Hotel also turns into a nightclub at night (Skybar) which was more happening than many of the bars on Ocean Drive. I can understand why this might not be for everyonet's taste, especially if you prefer classical music and more conservative decor, but if you're young or young at heart and coming to Miami and looking for a lively, hip, stylish experience then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XTOSMIA
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2010

Dear xtos,

Thanks so much for your excellent and complete review! I’m very glad you got to enjoy every aspect of our hotel…from the rooms, to the pool, restaurant, and bars!

Thanks for appreciating the efforts we’ve made to provide our guests with the chicest and most fun ambiance.

I hope you come back soon to Miami Beach to where I hope becomes your favorite place in town!

Reviewed November 22, 2009

While this hotel has a well trained staff it really is not anything special, at all. The rooms are almost depressing in their stark-ness ( as well as the lobby-which looks like they are hosting a trade show with covered booths) and none of the finishes are of high quality, as well they don't seem to be well maintained for a hotel at this price point. Forget about the pool area, as it has all the charm of a high school kegger. Worth noting that this place blasts terrible music from it's first floor club on weekends. It is very obvious that someone bought a run down hotel a few years back and spent the least possible amount of money turning it into the Shore Club. For the price, do your homework and you might be happier.

Dear masviajesmexico,

I’m sorry to read Shore Club was not your style of hotel. Just like every other property from Morgans Hotel Group, Shore Club was designed with a unique, young, and exclusive concept. The pool area and Sky Bar, inspired by the rich intense Matisse-inspired colors of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, transforms in the evening into an indoor and outdoor lounge. I’m sorry if the music disturbed your rest, our guests’ comfort is our priority and had we known, we would have done our best to minimize your inconvenience. We’d love to welcome you back – let me know and I’ll make sure you have a great stay next time.

Regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2009

Have stayed at many hotels on Miami Beach over the years, but this was my worst experience! It was expensive, in need of an update, rooms were not maintained, noisy with concrete floor (every morning the maid walked through the hallway with a noisy cart or dragging laundry on the floor from one end to the other that woke everyone up), the valet costed a fortune, charged for internet access. We had a late flight and needed to use the shower, having stayed at the hotel for 4 days they even charged us 10 USD each for showering! On both mine and my colleague´s bill they added costs for the mini bar, which we had not opened. Unfriendly staff in general, pool staff in particular. Had to move from one spot to another due to a bigger group (were told I couldn´t use that sunbed being alone.... Do not got to that hotel, chose another, there are so many!

Dear swedeSweden,

I am so sorry you didn’t have a good experience while staying at Shore Club. There are certainly challenges with having Mexican sandstone in our guest rooms and we are looking into options on how we can provide a quieter experience to our guests. Depending on availability, we offer late check outs to those guests who have late flights, I’m sorry this couldn’t be accommodated during your stay.

I wish you would give us another opportunity to fall in love with our property. Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to come back and I will do everything I can to make sure your stay goes perfectly.

Reviewed November 20, 2009

This hotel had a great ambience, and was really trendy, but that was about 5 years ago. Now it just looks like an office block, the white drapy thing has seen its time gone, and this hotels needs an urgent reinvention. Only acceptable if you get a very cheap rate, but even then you will end up paying heavily for all the extras. No water in the room apart from 50cl bottles in the minibar ($8) and 75cl bottles on the side ($11), which for a "luxury" hotel is simply not acceptable.

Dear regular-hotel-user,

Thanks for your review. I’m sorry you felt Shore Club needs a reinvention design-wise. The property has a very unique design where you decompress from the outside clutter and you lose yourself through the lobby’s white drapes and then relax in the Moroccan inspired garden and pool area.

Give us another opportunity to visit our property and experience South Beach in Shore Club’s style, so that we can change your mind.

Reviewed November 18, 2009

I was in Miami for the weekend for leisure. Wanted to get some sun, relax, and enjoy the Nightlife. Hotel is right on the beach. Saturday a kid pooped in the pool so we had to spend most of the day on the beach. Sunday pool party was great. Not over crowed and a fun young crowd - highlighted by topless girls dancing and drinking champainge! Rooms are simple Art deco style and the bathrooms were very big and luxurious. Sky bar is a cool place to grab a drink to begin or end your night.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank REALE22

Dear Reale22,

I’m excited to read you enjoyed Shore Club! Miami is all about sun, relaxation and nightlife—and I’m delighted you got to experience everything on property and in the near vicinity.

I’m sorry you had an unusual experience by the pool on Saturday, but rest assured we took the necessary sanitary measures to keep our guests safe.

Skybar and the pool are the coolest spots to hang out in our hotel. Our rooms, although minimalist offer our guests the necessary comfort and luxury.

So when are you coming back for another fun weekend? Please let me know and I’ll make sure your stay is EXTRA fun!

Reviewed November 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a conference. Nothing in this place was luxurious. The decor was lacking. The furniture appeared cold and very cheap. It looked like it was furnished by Ikea (nothing wrong with Ikea but for $250 a night you expect more). The bed was uncomfortable and linens were rough. The flooring was composed of a distasteful cement tile that was dirty. Overall, it kind of looked like a jail cell. You could hear everything from your room...even simple conversation from anyone passing by your room. Furthermore, the quality of the TV was very poor (images had streaks across). The gym was not available for use during my stay as well. They did say we could use the gym from an affiliated hotel down the street but this is not what was advertised. Pools were dirty and pool area not well maintained. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Experience Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2010

Dear ochidCentralNJ,

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay at Shore Club and you were not pleased with our minimalistic décor. We certainly strive to offer the best product and experience to our guests.
I'm pleased to confirm that our new gym is now open - I'm sorry it was closed for renovation during your stay.

If you decide to come back to South Beach please give us another opportunity to turn around your perception. We would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 10, 2009

On the spur-of-the-moment only the day before, I booked a hotel room online for the night of my husband's birthday, which also coincided with Miami Beach's "Sleepless NIght" -- all-night art/music/acrobatic/dance performances all over the city. We arrived at the Shore Club and were greeted by friendliest valets ever. At check-in, the terrific young man at the desk, upon learning we were celebrating a birthday, discreetly went behind the front desk, then returned to announce that he was able to give us an upgrade. We got the king-bed room on the top floor with balcony -- overlooking the ocean and the beach. This young man has a great future in the hospitality biz! We had dinner and a great evening out, then returned to enjoy the hotel. The room was spotless, pure white with a terrific, large bathroom. I'd describe the decor as "gulag-chic" -- sparse, spare but fully and thoughtfully appointed. Plenty of closet and drawer space, desk, a convenient chaise in the room. Sunday morning buffet breakfast was predictable but terrifically fresh food and great coffee. We took a walk on the Miami Beach boardwalk, then sat by the pool for a leisurely hour or two. On check-out, we ran into the valet from the night before, who greeted us by name and wished my husband happy birthday yet again! The staff was terrific throughout!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear cbblades,

You came to Shore Club on a great night---so many activities in South Beach and in the hotel! I’m very happy to read you had a fabulous stay with us and your husband had a memorable birthday! We love to give an extra special treatment to all those who visit us.

Thanks for recognizing our friendly staff—they are truly one of a kind and surely one of our most valuable assets.

Also, thanks for loving our minimalist décor and vibe, Ago restaurant, our pool area, and all Shore Club! “gulag-chic”!

Let me know when you decide to come back so we can pamper you once again.