Shore Club South Beach Hotel
$328
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$128
$98
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$349
$329
$391
$309
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $350/night.

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$261
$199
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$208
$169
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$272
$249
$159
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$279
Orbitz.com
3,766 results
All reviewssunday pool partysouth beachpool areapool staffgreat musicgreat poolocean viewbeach servicelong weekendamazing servicebeach accesslincoln roadlounge chairsnobuterrazakennymiami
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed June 1, 2005

We stayed in Miami as part of a round-the-world trip. We were really looking forward to 4 nights in such a supposedly "cool" and "hip" hotel. From the first moment at the check-in however, the service and attitude from the staff was appalling. I have never come across such arrogant people. The room was also horrible and felt like a hospital room. The corridors also carry noise only too well which meant you could hear everything going on down the corridor, including late night revellers at 6am. Upside was a really nice bar and pool but they didn't even come close to making up for the service we received.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed May 30, 2005

...or at least that is what the servers think they are given their aloof and indifferent attitudes. While I have several issues to pick on here, I will start with the positives: 1)the pool is pretty cool, 2)it is definitely a fun scene to be a part of and 3)Nobu is excellent, the pool grill is pretty good, and ONE server, Allison, was very nice, bubbly, and attentive.

now the negatives-
1. Most servers ignore you as your drink orders interrupt their flirting schedule. This was best exemplified by FOUR servers refusing to take my plate from my poolside lounge as flies began to collect on it over a 20 minute period. I eventually bussed my own tray.
2. The 18%+ gratuity that is tacked on right away serves to sap the motivation of most of the employees. Or, pehaps the servers are trying to save you money by bringing you $14 poolside drinks as slow as possible.
3. In my room, the tv did not work, housekeeping didn't come one of the days, even when requested, and the cement floors allowed me to hear in high fidelity the snarls and wails of an hour-long catfight between two fellow guests next door.
4. The staff never apologizes for making mistakes. I guess they figure you should be honored enough for them to even talk to you.
5. The pool water was filthy, but nobody did anything about it. The pool attendants said "yeah, the water's very cloudy, there was a party here last night." Is expecting a clean pool snooty?
5. SKY BAR has no bathrooms, and if you leave, you have to get back on line and prostrate yourself before the all empowered doorman to re-enter, even if you have purchased a table. Even the bouncers admitted this policy was outrageous but couldnt do anything about it. In true Shore Club style, Sky Bar should charge a re-entry fee, an 18% gratuity on the re-entry, a $50 fee for bothering the door man, and another $50 for every serving of attitude you require. If I sound bitter I am. Stay at the Delano or the Loews.

• Stayed: May 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2005

I stayed at the Shore Club for 4 nights in May for a conference. I don't think I have ever been treated so shabbily by a hotel - certainly not one where my company was spending thousands of dollars for a conference.

The staff is pretentious and disorganized. When I checked in, they gave me a room across from the elevator and next to an air shaft that was literally shaking the room. I forced them to move me to another room (explained I am 5+ months pregnant and need my sleep), though they were rude about it.

They proceeded, over the next four days, to:
- have someone from housekeeping barge into my room without knocking to check on the minibar in the middle of the day, after housekeeping had already made up the room

- misplace something that was left at the front desk for me, and were only able to find it after I insisted the person who had left it told me explicitly it was at the front desk

- not have a room service menu in the room, then take 30 minutes to deliver one to my room (after questioning whether or not I really already had one)

- lock me out of my room twice when my key card randomly stopped working, which would not be a big deal were I not a 5 minute walk from the lobby

- wake me up at 6am when someone was doing maintenance in the airshaft outside my hotel room. Despite my 3 phone calls, they did not stop

- get the time of my wake up call wrong

Not to mention that the standard rooms are far from luxurious:
- no carpeting, so the floor always has a film of dirt

- no desk to speak of - they make it clear that there is high speed access, but the desk is barely large enough to fit a laptop on

- shower door not aligned right, so bathroom flooded every time I used it

- no place to sit other than uncomfortable desk chair or bed

- no carpeting in hallways means you hear every sound from every guest that walks by

The only things to recommend this atrocious hotel are the pool area, which is lovely, and the beach access, and the night life (though I have not seen much evidence that the place really gets hopping).

Any one or two of these problems would not be an issue, but for a supposedly top notch hotel, with a super-cool reputation, and premium prices, I guess I expected service. The service was not even 3-star level.

I cannot count the number of times I literally said, "I hate this hotel" - which I cannot recall ever saying about any hotel, and I travel quite frequently.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank esp313
Reviewed May 8, 2005

stayed here at a mere $700 per night to finish our somehwat extravagant holiday to SoBe- party central! We spent the first 4 nights at The National- 300 yards down the road!

We decided on the Shore Club as we wanted to party like A listers for the end of our holiday, but after the first four nights of clubbing to some fantastic venues, we needn't have bothered!

The first thing to write about the Shore club is that it is a total con in terms of their room classification. my brother and i paid $700 per night each and a friend of ours paid 400 per night. i had the best room, yet my brother had an even worse room than our friend who nearly half what he had!!! When confronted about this, they could not really explain the differences in their room types and gave my brother some BS to fob him off!

During the day, the hotel is fairly mediocre. The minimalism of Starck and Schrager has not been done well at Shore Club unlike a few doors down at Delano where the interior is fantastic! The hotel looks like a 10 year olds art class at junior school with garish blues and reds srandomly and unartistically plashed around the pool.

They also have the cheak to add a compulsory 18% TWICE to all food bills. The reason that you pay the waitress and the chef a tip!!!! I thought this was a bit much!

Nevertheless in the evening such an average (at best) hotel completely transforms itself into a very cool venue. The skybar (basically the pool) and the terrace are lit with doxens of cool lanterns and the Redbar is very exclusive, patronised by scores of beautiful people! Nobu restaurant is fantastic- still expensive but half the price of the London equivalent. I swear I will remember their Black cod with miso sauce for a very long time!
The Italian Ago is dissapointing. I literally bumped into Matt Damon and when I called out to my wife (called Nat) he turned around and was a friendly enough guy! I guess that is what you pay for at the Shore Club.

In future I think I will stay at the National again as it represented very good value, but I am not so sure I will stay at Shore Club again. I reckon it would be better to stay at Delano and party a bit at Shore club. In fact the National has a better location than Shore club as it is right on the corner to Lincoln Road and many shops whereas Shore club is a five minute walk down the road,

Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank jonnym
Reviewed May 8, 2005

I just returned from a weekend at the Shore Club. First let me stay that we got incredible rates to stay here (around $160 a night.) and were stoked! We were 2 twentysomethings and ready to lounge by day and party by night, we definitely wanted the SCENE! We arrived and it just appeared to be a "normal" hotel lobby, nothing really spectacular or too chic about it. We asked the guy checking us in about a yummy food spot< he obviously was not the one to ask, He was not aware of much. And he did not give us any DETAILS at all about the property. That really was unimpressive. So, Where's the pool, where's the skybar? So, we felt like bumbling idiots trying to figure out where to go... And we are guests, I would have liked to see effort on their part to actually welcome us to the Shore Club, and give us the scoop.

We get to our room, on the 2nd floor, right near the lobby. It's TINY and the view is well, the parking lot. Oh well, I guess for our rate of $160 a night, rather than $600, not much to complain about. But, first glance we were not impressed. Tiny, concrete floors are creepy and it's so plain, like Prison like decor. Off to lunch we go. We check with the Concierge about lunch plans, and she recommended Sushi Samba. It was a good spot, and they have the BEST mojitos there! Sushi was great as well. Nice introduction to Miami. Back to the Shore Club details. So, we return to the Hotel and we had made reservations at Ago. It's weird, because we really did not know where it was located. So, we walk outside, and all the action is out here: SkyBar, Ago, NoBu, RedRoom,etc. B basically we stumble upon it. And, it was definitely a SCENE in there, but AGO is terrible. Food was awful and service was snooty and slow!
We hit RedRoom at SkyBar. Great fun! Cool DJ! It was great.

Loved the pool at SkyBar! Definitely the reason to stay at this place. However, you need to get up early to come down and reserve your spot; otherwise you will not any where to sit. The cabana boys were very sweet though and found us spots quickly. But, just be warned, you'll get down there by 10am and all sorts of items; magazines, sunglassees, etc. are left on chairs to "claim" spots.

The 2nd day we headed to the beach, because all the chairs at the pool were "claimed” and I was a little tired from the night before to actually be aggressive and grab one! The beach was wonderful.
Nice breeze~ the service is slow, however, because the serves have a long trek up to the pool area to get drinks,food,etc.

We ate lunch both days at the Rum bar, that's the bar for the Pool side and it's expensive, but good. And if you are a big water drinker, walk down the Walgreens on Collins and get a few bottles, because they charge a whooping $12 for a bottle water. Spending your days by the pool and beach and ordering food and drinks from the Rum Bar can be expensive, so just be forewarned.

I think the ShoreClub is a hot spot, and I would not mind staying there again, but I was disappointed in the lack of personal attention. Next time, they just need to be more customer focused!

I think the next trip; I would try a new place, The Raleigh or the Delano or Loews to see what's going on there.

Stayed: May 2005