“Something for Everyone”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #55 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My teenage daughter and I just got back from a wonderful four-day stay at The Shore Club. For those of you who think The Shore Club is just a party hotel for singles, I hope this review will change your mind. The Shore Club is a great choice for singles, couples and families because the staff creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere that caters to everyone's needs. If you have any special requests, Shore Club Genie Dorothy Jean "DJ" is the person to speak to. She hails from Mississippi and embodies true southern hospitality. We also were impressed by the service at the beach and want to give a special shout out to Tony who set up our chairs each day. After breakfast, we floated between the pool and beach until the late afternoon. The hotel really comes alive in the evening when much of the property is lit by beautiful lanterns on the grounds and in the trees. While the hotel rooms are minimalist in style, they are luxurious in comfort. The all-white bedding is serene and provides the necessary respite to recharge your batteries for the next day of fun in the sun. The Shore Club is well located on Collins Avenue. So, it is an easy to walk or quick taxi ride to restaurants on Lincoln Road or Ocean Drive. We also enjoyed taking walks along the boardwalk. However, if I had to pinpoint what I liked best about The Shore Club, it would be the service. The staff here really cares about their guests and want to provide an experience that makes you sad to leave and eager to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in an ocean front room on a high floor in the main building and found this type of accommo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacy C
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dearest "Stacy C,"

Oh my goodness sweetheart... how lovely you are! You and your daughter are two of the nicest and most loving people I have ever met... I am so happy you both had a wonderful stay and enjoyed all our amenities at the hotel! Please come back to see us again soon... I am missing y'all already! :) xoxo

There are newer reviews for Shore Club South Beach Hotel

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I took a quick 2 day trip to Miami and chose this hotel. I am a tough crowd so for me to use the following words means ALOT: it was beautiful, clean, accommodating, friendly staff, great location, beds were comfortable, loved the bathrooms, etc. It even SMELLS amazing!
We had a horrible experience flying in (10 hour delay at Laguardia from New York to Miami - SHOCKER). We checked in at 2:00am and were greeted by Drew and Rob. We were exhausted and annoyed, but they immediately put us in a great mood and shared a few laughs with us. We had a suite with a balcony on the 18th floor. It was quiet, nice and clean, 2 bathrooms, and a really nice balcony to enjoy.
We ate breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel and it was delicious. We sat on couches and ate comfortably with a nice view of the pool area. Christian was a great waiter but all the staff were really nice and accommodating as well.
A short walk to the beach through a private gate leads you to the hotels reserved chairs and servers. Rose and David helped us find chairs, and whenever we wanted a drink or anything, they were there to help.
The hotel is walking distance to a lot of stores, restaurants, etc. Along our walk one evening we checked out the hotels nearby, and I can confidently say, I am SO glad we stayed at the Shore Club. Don't get me wrong, a few of the hotels were gorgeous, but Shore Club just felt so much more comfortable and inviting. We never get a chance to take vacations, but we have already discussed staying here again.
If you are looking for a hotel in this area, I would strongly recommend you choose Shore Club.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie S
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dearest "Natalie S,"

Your review just melts my heart! Thank you for all of your kind words especially about how Shore Club is so comfortable and inviting... I couldn't agree with you more! There are lots of great boutique hotels on the beach but Shore Club is the most special of them all :) Can't wait for you both to come back and see us!! Please let it be sooner rather than later... Cheers!

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure and privilege to stay here for two nights. I was also lucky to get a very large and clean room with jacuzzi bath (loved it) albeit with no view. Great place, great location and very good food with attentive service. The flaw was that the room was noisy, could every step and peep of people walking by.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dearest "Jens E,"

We appreciate your feedback but I do wish that you would have brought the noise issue to our attention while you were here so we could have moved you to a more quiet room... The next time, please let us know if there are any issues so we can resolve it right away!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

As this is my 4th time visiting in 2 years and Im already planning my trip back in the summer, it is obvious that I think VERY highly of this hotel and its staff. I have stayed in about 10 other Miami Beach hotels and once I stayed in the Shore Club I have not gone anywhere else. What keeps me coming back and what is so special is the service and the staff. Yes the hotel is very nice, and the relaxing garden is once of my favorite places ever, and the pool is awesome, its the staff that really makes the difference. Since I am a returning guest I get treated very well, I appreciate the room upgrades and the complimentary Champagne. I truly makes me feel valued. Latoya and DJ at the from desk are ROCKSTARS!!! There is not enough that I can say about them. Richie, Luis, Henry, Ivan take care of me at the pool. I always look forward to the "welcome homes" from them. The entire pool staff is phenomenal and attentive. Every single staff member who you see or meet says hello and asks how you are. Its like visiting family. The Shore Club is a beautiful relaxing chilled out South Beach hotel without the pretentious guests and staff you will find at the other high end hotels in that area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dearest "Jennifer G,"

Bless your heart, honey! You know how much everyone at this hotel is crazy about you!! We all love you and consider as part of our Shore Club family! You are always a delight to be around and such a sweetheart. I'm so happy you had another fabulous stay :) I'm already counting down the days until your next visit! Sending you lots of love from Shore Club. xoxo

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I had a very short time to celebrate our anniversary and they made our time there very very special. It was great, they got to know why we were there and sent us a bottle of wine and chocolate covered straberries to celebrate our special day. Thanks for making our day so special!

Room Tip: The suites and ocean view rooms have a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dearest "Jennifer B,"

Awww thanks so much for this lovely review! We loved having you here and glad you had such a great anniversary. Thanks for sharing this special time with us! xo

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The staff were really great. Luis, the pool bartender was especially friendly. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Terazza for breakfast each morning was quite good. Lunch served on the beach with cocktail service through the afternoon...perfect! Location is close to everything in South Beach. We are looking forward to a return visit...soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete L
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dearest "BigmanPete,"

Oh thank you very much for your fabulous feedback about our amazing staff especially Luis! He makes the most delicious and refreshing poolside drinks... Can't wait to see you again for another round! xo

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with colleagues over a long weekend, easy hotel to find and we received a welcome as soon as we stepped out of the taxi. Check in was simple and slick, advice and information plentiful and baggage was delivered in minutes of walking into the room.

Rooms are minimalistic but manage to carry style, I imagine its not to everyone's preference but they are very practical. The hotel provides lots of "did you forget" stuff, mostly chargeable like (condoms, headache tablets, sleeping tablets, flip flops, travel adapter etc.) which is a nice touch as I'd bought the wrong adapter with me.

The room(s) are a good size, great shower / bathroom. Plenty of clean towels, shampoo etc..

A good sized wall-safe, minimal wardrobe space though if your wife / girlfriend / lover has brought their "party gear" with them.

Within minutes of arriving at my room, I received a call to check all was OK. The service from reception was impeccable for the 4 days, 3 nights I was there.

After one night, I did ask to move rooms as my room was dead opposite an elevator and the noise from people waiting / talking / phoning and the "bing bong" from the elevator was just too much. The hotel was very busy that weekend ~95% occupancy, however they found me a replacement room away from the elevator and all was fine.

The Sky Bar (called Sky Bar because you can look up at the sky, although it is downstairs and not as you may imagine on the top floor) was nice and pretty cool. Although try and see the place in the daytime and then it makes more sense to you at night, as it is way to dark to work out what is happening. Cool lanterns, nice chairs etc and I found an efficient service from the staff (once they had seen you!).

The pools are great, although busy with many people reserving "sun beds" at ~7:30am and then not using them until the afternoon. The hotel should put a 30min to 60 min cap on on-unused sunbeds as it was unfair for many people who wanted to use them and may have spent more at the pool bar. The service around the pool was excellent, you are advised to hand over your "hotel" privilege card and you'll see the waitress / waiter more often.

The beach is accessibly through the back gate, no roads to cross and plenty of sun beds / towels on the hotels beach front.

The hotel catered for a real mixture of guests, young to old. Might be too noisy for people who want a quiet weekend as the pool music is pretty loud.

Overall I thought the hotel was great, service very good but you are also paying quite a bit for the privilege. I would stay there again.

I walked to Ocean Boulevard, shopping on Lincoln etc all about ~15 minute walk.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the lifts and main road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank OneWayorReturnPlease

Dearest "OneWayorReturn,"

Thanks for this super sweet and informative review about Shore Club! Sounds like you had a great stay and will be coming back soon to stay with us again! We can't wait to have you back. Sorry for the noise issue with your first room but I'm happy we were able to find you a more quiet room. See you next time dear!