“Great Visit”

Ranked #56 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Melville, New York
“Great Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recently visited at the Shore Club with my family. We had a great 2 night/3 day stay. Hotel staff were super friendly and competent. The concierge assisted us with restaurant recommendations that were spot on and were able to make reservations for our big group at prime dining times. I used the spa twice and staff and services offered there were top notch. The facility was clean and inviting. Our beach front room had a terrace with a beautiful view. THe room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Pool staff was very attentive with towels, set-up and food/drink orders. We loved the free bicycle amenities and reserved them both days for long bike rides over the boardwalk. I don't have a single criticism and look forward to repeating this trip next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dearest "Elise R,"

Well bless your heart! Thank you darling! Can't wait to see you again next time.... Sending you lots of love from Shore Club xoxo

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

my friend convinced me to book our stay at the Shore Club for our holiday in December in SoBe. Little I knew I would be facing so many problems while staying at this Morgans Group hotel.
Problems encountered:
1) check-in
2) breakfast
3) noise at night
4) no house keeping for over 36h and no solution offered!
5) check-out

- check-in, the personnel does not notice that my room was prepaid (on their own website!) and pretends to charge me twice
- we are not given the "breakfast cards" at check-in and therefore have to spend a good part of the morning explaining to our server at breakfast that we had already paid for it on the Shore Club Website! come on guys it's your own website you should know what your customers paid or did not pay for!
- persistent high level of noise for hours at night just outside my bedroom (between 4 and 6am). Hotel staff did not seem to care much when informed.
- no housekeeping during the last day of my stay. This despite I had called house keeping to inform them before going out for dinner that no one cleaned my room. Their immediate reaction was not that I was a customer with a problem but that it must have been my fault and I was asked if I had put out a privacy card - which I had not. In fact, after telling me what sounded like "it must have been your fault we did not clean your room" the person on the other end of the phone said she was going to send someone upstairs while I was out for dinner. Well, when I came back the room was still not cleaned.
This is really unacceptable for any hotel! I called reception given housekeeping was not answering anymore at that time. This time I made sure I took the name of the person I talked to. Armando at reception took half an hours to come back with a feedback, this despite I had told him that I had a 5am wake up call due to an early flight and wanted to go to bed asap. In the end Armando sent upstairs someone who was clearly no part of the housekeeping team and who basically had never cleaned a hotel room in his life. The guy asked me what I wanted him to do? I mean, really? what kind of hotel is the Shore Club?! I thought it was a joke. In the end the guy sent upstairs left without cleaning and they only made me waste 1 hour for nothing. It was really shocking, unnerving and it certainly did not help me get much sleep that night. Together with the noisy first night I had a pretty much sleepless weekend in Miami thanks to the Shore Club.
Armando said that I was going to be contacted by his manager given the house keeping issue. However I have not been contacted by anyone. The funny thing is that the Morgans group seems to be content with these issues taking place in their properties and some of their customers not receiving any basic services like house keeping. In fact, I reported this issue also on their form that they send you via email where I provided them with my review and gave them a chance to explain given I said that I would have been glad to be contacted bilaterally to follow up. However it's now been over 10 days since my review and no one has bothered contacting me...
For all the problems I met I would never feel like advising anyone to stay at the Shore Club and I would certainly no go back myself! Overall this was really the worst hotel experience I ever had in my life. Certainly not in line with what the Morgans Group claim to be their objectives when it comes to service and customers' satisfaction. I mean not even cleaning a room. Get back to basic!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank A A
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear "A A,"

Please contact me directly with your name and reservation details so I can further look into your stay and resolve this issue. dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Kind Regards,
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Our group chose the Shoreclub to celebrate a birthday for the weekend. From the minute we stepped on the hotel property to the minute we left, our entire group was treated by the staff as if we were the only ones there! Huge props to Steven and Rio who have made our experience just excellent! The birthday boy received several free bottles of champagne at the pool throughout our stay just because. Also, everyone in our group received a free bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we got to our rooms. We were continuously checked on just to make sure we are doing well.

The hotel itself is very well maintained. It's got an amazing pool and nice pool chairs and beds. The pool bar is conveniently located and several waiters walked around taking orders. The hotel also has an area on the beach with equally nice beach chairs and similar to the pool, had waiters taking drink and food orders. We had to do - nothing - just relax, drink and enjoy the stay.

The only set back to this perfect getaway was when I left a pretty expensive item in the hotel room upon checking out. I later found out that the item might have been accidentally thrown out by the cleaning people. The initial security people I dealt with during this situation were absolutely no help and made very little effort in trying to remediate this issue. The entire process was very frustrating until I was transferred to Shon Touissant who took over my case. Shon not only handled my case with upmost respect and professionalism, he seemed to really care that I received the best results out of this unfortunate event. He was in constant communication with me, even when there were no updates. Although it took a while to solve a simple issue, I think that if it wasn't for Shon, I wouldn't have received the same results. He's awesome - any security or lost or found issues, ask for Shon Touissat!!!

Overall, highly recommend the Shoreclub! The drinks are very expensive but that's anywhere in Miami. The hotel is awesome, the ambiance is inviting and the staff outdo themselves just to make sure you're having a great time. 5 stars!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "DVO202,"

Well thank you very much for the 5 star rating and fabulous review!! We loved having you here to celebrate the birthday and so happy that Steven, Reo and Shon made it even more special! Hope to see you all back for another birthday extravaganza!!

New mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I just fled this MOTEL to a TripAdvisor "Excellent" rated hotel in Miami that coast me a lot less. Let me start by saying that I booked this hotel using the "Hotel Tonight" app on my phone for a "last minute deal" that wasn't so. Upon arrival at the Hotel I came to realize that the "valet parking" offered is a sham. There is no valet parking and if anyone would like to argue I ask that you first find the definition of Valet Parking, because having the parking lot attendant from another parking lot a block away come get your car after a phone call is not valet. So if you're driving this is not a hotel for you. My girlfriend and I got the "Cabana 1" by the tiny swimming pools. The room is not numbered nor named, so you get a key and have to go back to ask where to go. When you open the glass door you trip on the water block on the bottom and you know this is just the start of a bad ride. The floors were tiled with a green and dirty tile. The thought of walking barefoot makes you want to throw up. The beds are not queen size but full size, and the mattress is uncomfortably worn and soft and you feel as if you fall into cracks, and it makes a lot of noise when you move. The bed frame was stained by what looked like a murder scene (or cranberry juice on white fabric) but I rather not think. There was a white wooden box affixed to the floor with outlets from a remodeling gone wrong. Then there's a door to the back that you're tempted to open only to find out the room is mislabeled as Cabana 2. Then there is the bathroom where cockroaches roam free of inhibitions. There is no vanity cabinet or counter-top around the sink...just the sink and plastic pipes underneath. No place to put toiletry and just unpleasant to look at. The shower has a glass brick window by the shower where the workers go by...who has his or her shower with a large glass brick window to the outside??!! The shower head had no pressure whatsoever and the water just trickled. Then there is the price: I paid around 300 per night for a hostel quality stay and then there is a $22 dollar "service fee" that although is a common practice in some shady hotels, it is also something you should avoid as it is ludicrous. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to my worse enemy.
To the owner or general manager: Do not respond with excuses, get this fixed, because I know it will cost you less than the money I spent for 2 days...

Room Tip: Go see them before you pay, because judging by the other reviews, we just got the worst room...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tuscan325i
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear "Tuscan325,"

This review is so upsetting to me. Please email me personally so I can look further into this situation. dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Kind Regards,
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed there in December 2013. Their website advertised the mini suite contained two 3 beds. So we booked two of those suites. Only to find out their website was incorrect and that it was either 1 king or 2 queens. For 6 guys this was not good. When we showed the website to the front desk, they just shrugged their shoulders and said they will show management. But offered no alternative to this. Basically we paid an extra $100/night for a room that had 2 queen beds and a larger concrete floor space.
Pool is nice and full of pretty people. Drinks are expensive. $70 for a pitcher of mojito that we got 4.5 drinks out of max.
Anyway, location is great and it is a hip hotel. Not worth $350 a night though. Not at all.

Room Tip: Just get the basic room. not worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stevo L
Dearest "Stevo L,"

We appreciate your feedback and sorry for the miscommunication about the room categories! Our Jr. Suites do have only 1 king bed or 2 queen beds but we can also fit a rollaway bed in either of those rooms for an extra person. The drink prices are in comparison to every other boutique hotel in South Beach!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at the Shore Club with my girlfriend's family for an event down in Miami and we had an unbelievable time. Emily Triffin was lovely and made us feel right at home in the beautifully appointed rooms we had on the ocean side of the hotel. The rest of the staff was courteous and knowledgable and recommended a number of perfect restaurants for our group. All in all it was an amazing weekend. Will be staying at the Shore Club every time I'm in MIA!

Room Tip: Spring for an Ocean View balcony - the views are excellent and the ocean air is incredibly refreshin...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dearest "Dan B,"

Many thanks for the fabulous feedback and mention of Emily... she is a sweetheart! Can't to have you stay with us next time you are in Miami! Sending you lots of love from your Shore Club family. xo

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I want to especially thank Emily Triffin for being so accommodating and making our stay so easy. My whole family was in town yet somehow it was still relaxing! One of my sisters actually couldn't make it at the last moment (first pregnancy, feeling weird, you know) and Emily Triffin / the staff at the shore club were all very reasonable and able to help us out with the quick cancelation. The front desk also had great recommendations for restaurants in our price range. Thanks for a great last few days in Miami!!

Room Tip: Beds face the window so its awesome to have one facing the beach! If you want a quiet room request t...
1 Thank Samantha B
Dearest "Samantha B,"

Emily Triffin is an absolute doll and glad she was able to accommodate your reservation requests! Hope to see you soon!